The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 27th January 2013
  #1201
Gear Head
 

The before and the after:


Signal is:
DIY compressor -> DIY booster -> Rat -> DIY Fuzz Factory -> Big Muff -> Volume pedal -> DD6 -> Timeline -> Bluesky -> Holy Grail.
Old 1st February 2013
  #1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
love that upper board, some goodies in there. How do you like that Catlinbread Parabola unit?
i like the Pareidolia. it's a bit of a one trick pony but what a trick. my mono board is intended to do uber clean, to mid era floydian psychedelia, to washed out postrock-shoegaze. Pareidolia with a light Flange from the MXR reminds me of the "have a cigar" intro warble.



Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
So how do you like the Triple Wreck. I just got the Bogner Uberschall, sort of wish I would have gotten the TW, big fan of Wampler Pedals.
funny you mention the Uberschall, i picked one up as well. i was hoping to bump the TW but ended up making room for both & stacking them with a Boss LS-2. the Uberschall is a bit bright & harmonically midforward which really cuts thru the mix, while the Triple Wreck has a big bottom end which is great for low end growl. they then pass thru the MXR KFK-1 for a bit of eq on the way out. i'm very happy with the resulting sound, though sometimes i do catch myself wondering if an Okko Dominator might cover the same territory as all 4.



in related news: my Dwarfcraft RobotDevil got bumped to the bass board where my old Mesa V1 has also found a home. i always thought it sounded a bit muddy on guitar, but i recently discovered it's a beast on bass.
Old 2nd February 2013
  #1203
Lives for gear
I wish you guys would state your pedal names and order, there's always a couple I just cannot make out what they are.
Old 4th February 2013
  #1204
Here for the gear
 

Anybody check out the new flashback delay X4 or the vox delay lab?
It seems that plenty of companies are releasing delay pedals that not only kill the line 6 DL4 in price, but in sound and quality of build too.

Line 6 really needs to get their act together so that people still desire their product. There are a million problems with their DL4 that have never been addressed by line 6.
Independant builders can fix these problems, but line 6 should care and try to fix it. The volume drop of a dl4 while in the FX loop of an amp is ridiculous, and their switches are complete crap.
Also I think they need to arrange the pedal so it can run off 9vdc. Everyone hates the dedicated power supply they have, and many under educated guitarist just see "9v" and fry these 250$ pedals with they one spot or voodoo labs supply's.
The DL4 is a product that people will probably stop buying all together over the next few years.
Old 5th February 2013
  #1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
Anybody check out the new flashback delay X4 or the vox delay lab?
the flashback seems like a decent bang for the buck like all the TC stuff. also that toneprint editor is supposed to come out in a month or so, which will bring more customization to the table.

personally i'm pretty well set in the delay dept at the moment. havent looked at the latest Vox offerings. the only thing i'm still lusting after is a Deluxe Memory Man Tap Tempo.

also the Strymon TimeLine is all the rage at the moment but it looks like a lil more than i'd ever need.
Old 5th February 2013
  #1206
Here for the gear
 
Volkanb's Avatar
 

Attachment 329307
Xotic sp comp is coming soon.
Old 6th February 2013
  #1207
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkanb View Post
Attachment 329307
Xotic sp comp is coming soon.
What's the signal chain. I only recognize a few of them an i would like to know what the others ate
Old 6th February 2013
  #1208
Gear Nut
 
qvplite's Avatar
 

Selling most of these Boss pedals now, but here goes:

Old 6th February 2013
  #1209
Here for the gear
 
Volkanb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
What's the signal chain. I only recognize a few of them an i would like to know what the others ate
Guitar goes in to wah first then to the loop switcher. Comp will be the first in the loop switcher. The order is rotovibe-coopersonic-jester-ethos-ep booster and tremola. Then comes volume pedal delay and reverb. The reason ethos is the last on the drive chain is it has a speaker sim . If i have to go direct to the line for any reason i will use its clean chanel as an amp for other two drives.
Ep booster is on the last of drive chain because i love its color after drives. Its boost pod is on zero and internal switches are on normal pozition. Some combinations are great such as coopersonic+jester+ep booster.
Old 6th February 2013
  #1210
Here for the gear
 
Volkanb's Avatar
 

Attachment 329395

My other setup.
Amps are 1965 Vox AC30 ( it use to has a reverb unit but removed before i bought it, i put top boost unit on back of head instead) 1972 Marshall Artiste ( modified to two channel. Clean and drive w/boost mod) and Ceriatone bluesmaster HRM. Vox AC50 cab and another cab w/ UK made greens. Marshall and Vox use Vox cab w/ cab switcher.
Rack;
Art power suply, hush two ch noise gate for high gain presets, Alesis reverb but soon will be replaced with the tc g-major2. GCX audio loop switcher(2), amp gizmo.
Pedals;
Dunlop comp, wampler paisley drive, xotic rc booster(pre), hughes&ketner tube factor, xotic ep booster( after all of the drives inc. amps)
All the amps rack units and pedals are conected to gcx loop switchers.
Old 8th February 2013
  #1211
Lives for gear
 
Inca's Avatar
 

this setup rocks for both electric and acoustic. The Wampler pedals just kill!!
Old 8th February 2013
  #1212
Lives for gear
Guy above, man, please reduce the SIZE of your pic to webpage compressed, way too big you made the entire window expand so much one has to scroll across the bottom.
Edit the picture and use size adjust to compress to webpage size.


Say Tim, had the X4 tc for some time now, been the best delay I remember using. Extreme long delay time capability, 3 presets, holds 4 toneprints and about 12 or so great delay modes. The looper is a jewel, the looper engine and delay engine are separate so you can lay delays in the loops. Pretty cool once you get your timing and riffs down. 1st time I ever messed much with a looper but I love it now. My wife is always coming in my sound room wondering how int he world I can do such a wall of sound and playing along with it. (I have a review of the unit here, in the review section.)
The dry signal on the X4 is true analog bypass, goes through the unit unaffected by the circuit. Great unit. Major cool deal is in the works, they are releasing a public editor for the internal params so you design and customize your own toneprint. Nothing will compare to it.

As for Line 6, oh I could go on with that one... I recently gave up on my HD POD project and shelved the unit as too much a loss trading it in.
I just got so frustrated and angry with the unit and L6.
The unit is fine by itself it one has no effects and does not intend to integrate other effects with it. There the nightmare begins.
The output on the POD is NOT unity, the loop is like 4-6db lower than unity level and the main outs are down as well. Unity zero on the mixer is not unity. When one has it hooked up in a 4CM one does not notice the level drops inherent in the loop or main outs as they are compensating raising the amp volume and they are not trying to overdrive the amp. Try driving an overdrive pedal or high gain with a down 6db signal level, sucks to put it mildly.

I have some great pedals which are far better than the internals and just could not get it integrated, the levels are ridiculous and trying to compensate was a pain in the ass. One would think unity pass through when off is a given necessary issue and fundamental for any unit or pedal, not so with L6. They argued with me and several users, oh I am so stupid and they "don't hear it" (which is the dumbass comment of the year), no way they wre going to admit it, (and an engineer would have to know it is not unity) finally I got a 3rd party bench tech guy who hooked it up to a db meter and checked all the possible output configs, sure enough I was right, like I was not sure of it to begin with.

My further frustrations with L6 is they just ignore user issues and needed fixes and tried to dismiss my output level complaints as just a crank or stupid.
I had some minor fixes that just needed fixed in order some of the effects worked properly. The Pitch Glide Whammy model for example, cannot be set to an in-tune interval on the expression pedal editor. It is in percent of pedal range and with no decimal point one no way to get a real 5th or 4th interval which I consider a must for a Whammy pedal.

At any rate I have been rebuilding my pedalboard well beyond anything I have had in the past. Made me realize that pedals are at least twice as good sounding as the POD effect models. The amp models are OK if you run them into a power amp and use guitar cabs but the effects, terrible ODs and Gains, EQs need expanded, how hard is it to make at least a 10 band graphic? Delays and reverbs are OK but a decent pedal kicks their ass, same w the wahs, OK but a real wah at least twice the dynamics. It is what it is and now it is on my closet reserve shelf.

Wampler guy above, yeah mon, the best pedals ever!! Only ones I have ever had which met or exceeded my expectations.
Old 9th February 2013
  #1213
Here for the gear
 

I've been using a line 6 m5 as a universal pedal. Being a young 24 years married man with 2 jobs, working his way through online school and all of this despite having a gear obsession, I figure I have to save money here and there lol.

So my wife bought me my m5 pedal as a gift for my b day. I noticed a few of the effects still have volume drop effects here and there. But luckily it's not very noticeable while going into the front end of my amp.

I have been using it for delay and reverb stacking mostly. My style of music (worship and post-rock:ambient) calls for washes with stacked delays and reverbs.
I use the m5 between my delay and reverb, because it can be both.
I live the octo reverb sounds and the analog style delays.

Also I love that I can make it into a tube screamer type pedal at times and run my delay into it for that weird post rock wash.
I have been using my keisman juggy mosfet boost as a buffer/input level changer for between guitars.
It allows my strat to sparkle and push the compressor the same way that my les paul does. It's pretty amazing at what it does. But the level drop still drives me crazy.
I think the ONLY aspect that I LOVE about it, is that it allows me to make crazy sounds for my genres without buying the 6 extra pedals I don't have money for at the moment.
I am a person like "the edge" in the sense that I use the pedals that allow me to get that sound.
If love to have a huge setup, but I don't have a crew to help me setup up in less than 30 minutes lol
Old 9th February 2013
  #1214
Lives for gear
Just FYI for you Wampler Pedal fans out there like me:
NAMM Best in Show 2013 Wampler Fusion Drive pedal,
general release March 25th, no idea of the price.

Personally I gave up on multi-effects these days. I like the more expensive ones I cannot afford like the Fractal but no way I will ever make the mistake of unloading my pedalboard rig for the sake of a multi-unit, the POD HD taught me a hard lesson on that one.

Curious but what sort of music does "worship" encompass?
Old 9th February 2013
  #1215
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
[/I]

Curious but what sort of music does "worship" encompass?
Worship music is also known as contemporary/modern Christian music. Very rock fueled music with ALOT of delay and reverb at times.
Very thrilling and fun to play. I get a thrill out of giving my gifts/talents to God unlike any other I have ever felt playing any other style of music.
My "post-rock" music is much like the worship music I play, but is more driven by musical parts than flowing lyrical content.

Some day I will replace my m5 with individual pedals, but that's a long way out.
I am excited, my wife and I are preparing to purchase a house which is a huge blessing. We currently live in a 1 bedroom apartment which makes tubes a thing of the past. I have to utilize to practice room a my dads to get the tube amps cranked and moving. When we get a house I will have a dedicated music space :-)
Old 9th February 2013
  #1216
Lives for gear
 
Inca's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Just FYI for you Wampler Pedal fans out there like me:
NAMM Best in Show 2013 Wampler Fusion Drive pedal,
general release March 25th, no idea of the price.

Personally I gave up on multi-effects these days. I like the more expensive ones I cannot afford like the Fractal but no way I will ever make the mistake of unloading my pedalboard rig for the sake of a multi-unit, the POD HD taught me a hard lesson on that one.

Curious but what sort of music does "worship" encompass?
Wampler all the way. This sounds great. I knew deep down too, that sooner or later, you would ditch that POD HD500 like I did mine. Nothing beats the sound of good old fashioned pedals. Rock on!
Old 10th February 2013
  #1217
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
Wampler all the way. This sounds great. I knew deep down too, that sooner or later, you would ditch that POD HD500 like I did mine. Nothing beats the sound of good old fashioned pedals. Rock on!
Yep, you know how it is, something new and one is swept up with it. I spend a lot of time working with the POD HD tweaking the best tones it was capable.

The amp models through my power amp rig are pretty damn massive but the effects apart from the delays and reverbs and a few EQs leave a lot to be desired, like real pedals.

My half stack with my newly revamped and loaded pedal board is just a world of difference, expensive, oh yeah, but the tones, even my wife admits all that sounds pretty amazing. I am getting ready for my final batch of pedals which will give me all the options under the sun anything the POD dreamed it could render and then some.

Use of the POD is a recording tool, a novel means to experiment with amps you cannot afford but they are mimics. Effects not its strong point and L6 does not care to improve them apparently.

When I started trying to use the POD with external effects it became a deal killer, the levels are not unity and having a drop of 4-6 db is not usable. It is what it is and if a player has nothing it serves the purpose but having choice, play through my board and you'll walk away talking to yourself mumbling things like "I did not know a BBE sounded that good and what a killer set of drives and filters".

The shear truth is a model at best probably sounds half what a full pedal can do. The POD is all about amp models and mimics and it does that well. The effects side of things is pretty poor. The drives and gains are terrible. And sorry but it is a noise fest that was designed with such lower volume level to reduce the noise floor. Those using the 4CM thing simply compensate their amp volume as they are not driving the amp front end like a real drive.
Old 10th February 2013
  #1218
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
Worship music is also known as contemporary/modern Christian music. Very rock fueled music with ALOT of delay and reverb at times.
Very thrilling and fun to play. I get a thrill out of giving my gifts/talents to God unlike any other I have ever felt playing any other style of music.
My "post-rock" music is much like the worship music I play, but is more driven by musical parts than flowing lyrical content.

Some day I will replace my m5 with individual pedals, but that's a long way out.
I am excited, my wife and I are preparing to purchase a house which is a huge blessing. We currently live in a 1 bedroom apartment which makes tubes a thing of the past. I have to utilize to practice room a my dads to get the tube amps cranked and moving. When we get a house I will have a dedicated music space :-)
Yep having a house and a sound room is a touch of heaven to be sure. I managed to sustain a nice house these days and the wifey and I love it. Don't forget you can break things down in payments using zZounds or AMS which is what I do. Every time I catch my wife trying to add up my pedalboard I go open her shoe closet or ask how many purses she has.

The freedom to play and get tone without being evicted is a cool thing. I play heavy fusion stuff myself from a wide range of tones and a sonic landscape.
I get where you are coming from with the inspiration but not my thing really. I have no idea what people mean by God or how they circumvent such a massive confusion and collage of nonsense regarding it. I always mention in most arguments that for all the reasons one has for believing their particular custom imbued religious notion and pondering anything else is nonsense or untrue are pretty much the same reasons I don't bite the apple.

I wrote a couple of books on the subject some years back and was somewhat a historian of reality to populace notions. People can believe what they wish as long as they keep a lid on the crazy it's fine with me. I just wish they could accept one has a right not to believe in the rather vast imagination of human invention if they desire. It is not evil as that is a misconception as well.
Whatever floats your boat. Do what thou wilt.
Old 10th February 2013
  #1219
Lives for gear
Would someone get that guy above to reduce the size of that massive picture which is making the whole board window huge!!

Hey GYPLITE come on!! Compress the pic to webpage size before uploading.
Old 11th February 2013
  #1220
Lives for gear
 
Inca's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Yep, you know how it is, something new and one is swept up with it. I spend a lot of time working with the POD HD tweaking the best tones it was capable.

The amp models through my power amp rig are pretty damn massive but the effects apart from the delays and reverbs and a few EQs leave a lot to be desired, like real pedals.

My half stack with my newly revamped and loaded pedal board is just a world of difference, expensive, oh yeah, but the tones, even my wife admits all that sounds pretty amazing. I am getting ready for my final batch of pedals which will give me all the options under the sun anything the POD dreamed it could render and then some.

Use of the POD is a recording tool, a novel means to experiment with amps you cannot afford but they are mimics. Effects not its strong point and L6 does not care to improve them apparently.

When I started trying to use the POD with external effects it became a deal killer, the levels are not unity and having a drop of 4-6 db is not usable. It is what it is and if a player has nothing it serves the purpose but having choice, play through my board and you'll walk away talking to yourself mumbling things like "I did not know a BBE sounded that good and what a killer set of drives and filters".

The shear truth is a model at best probably sounds half what a full pedal can do. The POD is all about amp models and mimics and it does that well. The effects side of things is pretty poor. The drives and gains are terrible. And sorry but it is a noise fest that was designed with such lower volume level to reduce the noise floor. Those using the 4CM thing simply compensate their amp volume as they are not driving the amp front end like a real drive.

I hear ya. At the end of the day, when I want to plug in and play, I want to get amazing tones instantly. As you said long ago, the POD is not for those that want that. And, pedals just destroy everything. You should hear what the Wampler Blackface does to my little 5 watt tube Blackstar. Tone for days that makes you want to play for hours on end.

Rock on!!
Old 11th February 2013
  #1221
Lives for gear
If a pedal or amp gives you that fun element and makes you want to play that is real win and anything which brings that is what it's all about.
I can make the POD sound good and make the amp models crank but effects wise it's a downhill slide. Internals just do not cut it for me (outside the delays and reverbs, which are pretty good) the rest just leave a lot to be desired, as in desiring pedals! Spending a little time listening to what many have uploaded in the user library makes you sadly realize how terrible some can use the unit and probably why L6 does not give a crap.

I love pedals and I just counted I have 14 pedals with 16 pedal effects counting my BBE and I am almost done. Sounds like a lot and I guess it is but I never get bored with the same tone, I have so many combinations and what I have gathered work so well with each other its just magical. Rig is also dead quiet and properly buffered with no noise. I may in the future work on installing a bypass loop system pedal switcher but right now everything is great.

A new Whammy V, a 2nd power supply, Wampler chorus I think and perhaps the Triple Wreck and I'm done with pedals for a period. So happy with my board right now, the range of tones is just infinite and having a nice 3 channel half stack is just major tone city. Wonderful to have a rig that can deliver pretty much any sort of tone voicing I should want to play.
Old 12th February 2013
  #1222
Lives for gear
 

Just picked up a wooly mammoth clone a v happy with it. Offers a kind of grit the muff or fender blender doesn't - am betting the real wooly mammoth is awesome


Sent from my GT-P5110
Old 12th February 2013
  #1223
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
If a pedal or amp gives you that fun element and makes you want to play that is real win and anything which brings that is what it's all about.
I can make the POD sound good and make the amp models crank but effects wise it's a downhill slide. Internals just do not cut it for me (outside the delays and reverbs, which are pretty good) the rest just leave a lot to be desired, as in desiring pedals! Spending a little time listening to what many have uploaded in the user library makes you sadly realize how terrible some can use the unit and probably why L6 does not give a crap.

I love pedals and I just counted I have 14 pedals with 16 pedal effects counting my BBE and I am almost done. Sounds like a lot and I guess it is but I never get bored with the same tone, I have so many combinations and what I have gathered work so well with each other its just magical. Rig is also dead quiet and properly buffered with no noise. I may in the future work on installing a bypass loop system pedal switcher but right now everything is great.

A new Whammy V, a 2nd power supply, Wampler chorus I think and perhaps the Triple Wreck and I'm done with pedals for a period. So happy with my board right now, the range of tones is just infinite and having a nice 3 channel half stack is just major tone city. Wonderful to have a rig that can deliver pretty much any sort of tone voicing I should want to play.
You using tube amps? If so what you doing to get a noiseless signal path?

Sent from my GT-P5110
Old 12th February 2013
  #1224
Here for the gear
 

Hey all, new here... could watch pedalboards for hours...
Old 14th February 2013
  #1225
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmunkey View Post
You using tube amps? If so what you doing to get a noiseless signal path?

Sent from my GT-P5110
I have a 3 channel 100/50watt all tube head w 4x12. I am pretty much addicted to my half stack and others I have had, just gets the tones I love and the wattage potential for greater headroom, dynamics and articulation I prefer. Love the tubes, just a better sound. A bit expensive to keep up but so far my fav. I have a standby rig of a power amp fed by tube preamps. But as long as the stack head is working its the deal.

Running clean channel or a dark voiced JCM type channel setup there is zero noise floor. I have worked quit a bit on proper buffering and placement of my pedals as well as using quality power supplies and a Furman power conditioner not to mention all custom made soldered cables. At present I am running 14 pedals counting my BBE unit with 16 effects counting the Pigtronix OFO.

Even with several pedals on there is no hiss or hum. Some high gain pedals can create a noise floor or uber gained up amp channels. All in all I am fortunate to have a very nice amp which is very quiet. I run quality tubes properly biased as well. Some amps are hiss fests I am happy mine is not of that type.

A lot of effort goes into tracking down any noise source as ground loop hums can arise from all sorts of means especially if you run a large board and multiple power supplies.

Main single coil pickups are Dimarzio Area 58s which are very quiet pickups, others are a dual rail humbucker single coil and full size HB on one of my bridge Strats. I did have some noisy single coils in one of my Strats but the Dimarzio change out fixed it.

Some pedals can generate some noise floor, more often than not it is ground loop hum or buffer hiss many just choke off the noise floor with a NR pedal. Usual issues are cross power feeds, daisy chaining or bad low quality cables.

So far I have not used a NR pedal. If you run the amp tubes at uber gain level you are going to get some some noise floor hiss. that is normal but there are ways to keep that nominal, only noticed when not playing.

Sometimes my compressor will up the hiss on a pedal like my Wampler Pinnacle, usually its because the compressor was set wrong, too high or it was simply not needed. I found my Bogner Uberschall which I use for more a moderate overdrive can kill the noise floor on the Pinnacle as well. Not the over the top gain pedal it was advertised but a very articulate amp like pedal that does a really nice sounding noise quiet overdrive. It tends to kill the noise on other pedals when on.

I love pedals but I cannot stand hum and hiss. My pedals are a combination of bypass and buffer and the way things are configured right now every 4th pedal is a buffer circuit pedal, just the way it worked out. End of my chain has a high end Radial buffer.

Usually if your rig has a lot of hiss or hum something is not right. There are ways to help hush noisy amps as well.
Old 14th February 2013
  #1226
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
I have a 3 channel 100/50watt all tube head w 4x12.
What kind of amp and cab?
Old 15th February 2013
  #1227
Lives for gear
 
tomdarude's Avatar
Thanks to this thread and being sick & in bed for nearly 2 weeks, I couldn´t help myself but buy some new pedals...hope they get here soon

Earthquaker Devices "Bit Commander" and a Blackout Effectors - "Whetstone Phaser"

can´t wait....pictures to come!


recently got: Klemt Echolette, Matamp tube spring reverb, Strymon Flint

next on the to-buy-list: Endangered Audio AD4096, AudioKitchen TheBigTrees, Effectrode PC-2A Compressor, Strymon Timeline, Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine and Blackout Effectors "Seriously Special Twosome"

and found at least 3 or 4 older pedals I wanna get rid of...will it ever stop? madness!!!
Old 16th February 2013
  #1228
Here for the gear
 
belleswell's Avatar
 

When I tried to post some pics, all that would show were links, not images. Oh well.
Old 16th February 2013
  #1229
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdarude View Post

and found at least 3 or 4 older pedals I wanna get rid of...will it ever stop? madness!!!
If you wanna get rid of em, I would gladly take them :-)
Old 17th February 2013
  #1230
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
What kind of amp and cab?
I use a Carvin V3 head with Mullard tubes and a Celestion vintage 30 load Carvin 4x12 with added dampening material.
Been the best amp I have ever owned really have no issue with using anything else. It does it all.
I also use their custom guitar builds and making guitar kits for fun.
The thing about Carvin is they have exceptional workmanship and quality and one does not pay twice the cost for having a middle man vendor mark up.
I have several great guitars from them and the current V3 stack which I just love.
That amp has not only a great vibrant clean channel but can duplicate a great sounding JCM channel as well as the gained up uber tube drive.
I am a pedal guy myself so I mostly use the clean and darker channels I have setup.
I tend to keep it on the 100watt 4 EL34s tube setting and it uses 5 12AX7s I have used 5751s in the past but I think I like the 12AX7s the best.
I have been a half stack user for many many years and this is the amp that does it for me throughout the range of tones I like my rig to adjust to do.

If you have ever had a Marshall you how fragile the cab can be, the grill cloth is a nightmare to keep from getting ripped.
The Carvin 4x12 is really solid built and has a metal protect grill on the front, a hammer could not hurt.
The Carvin sounds better, a very underrated amp and guitar maker. Cool for me as I am not dropping 3-4x the bucks on amps or guitars that simply are not worth it.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
guru007 / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
4
Blast9 / So much gear, so little time
1
Trancetones / So much gear, so little time
3
shikawkee / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
11

Forum Jump
Forum Jump