The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th January 2013
Lives for gear
An amp is primary before one considers their first pedal as pedals are just enhancements and expansion of the sonic possibilities. Without a good amp the issue is moot. Players with these tiny amps have little need for vast board arrays.

Now, how in the hell does anyone have that much money to buy so many amp heads??? I am fortunate to have one great amp and cab. Pedals are one thing but having a ton of amps is just way too expensive for mere mortals.
Old 16th January 2013
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmunkey View Post
This is why i have so many ODs... borrowed a turbo rat the other day and it offers another palette my other pedals dont

Sent from my GT-I8190
Here in greece, turbo rat is no longer available;/ dont know why. Im using the advantages of a tonebone radial classic. :/

Sent from my GT-I8190
Old 16th January 2013
Lives for gear

The one i borrowed is an old model, suspect you can get them on ebay. Not saying they are amazing but offers a tone my other dist pedals dont (big muff, fender blender and triple wreck) so will prob get one at some point

Sent from my GT-I8190
Old 16th January 2013
Lives for gear

this is my current set up

I've been trying to reduce mi set up and pedalboard cause on tour it gets a little bit of a burden carrying stuff everywhere, either for me or my guitar tech, it's not that cool after a while, so I kept on a middle sized pedalboard what I must have on stage as a minimum, and this is it.
Old 16th January 2013
Lives for gear
If I were still gigging I would probably go for something like the Fractal system.
But as to gear in general, I love my board. Took little effort to wheel in my half stack and have someone grab the end of my pedal board if needed. Much less I carried 3-4 guitars. I get the convenience and the quick breakdown and all that but I like my monster tone and without it my inspiration was lacking. I never had a tech as I just like handling my own gear and making sure it is right for me.
Old 17th January 2013
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
If I were still gigging I would probably go for something like the Fractal system.
But as to gear in general, I love my board. Took little effort to wheel in my half stack and have someone grab the end of my pedal board if needed. Much less I carried 3-4 guitars. I get the convenience and the quick breakdown and all that but I like my monster tone and without it my inspiration was lacking. I never had a tech as I just like handling my own gear and making sure it is right for me.
Thats true. A tech is always the easy choice. But i like to fix and handle my gear as you said. Im not a professional guitarist or not a member of a world class band to have my own stuff for guitars and pedals:p

Sent from my GT-I8190
Old 17th January 2013
Here for the gear

Here's mine:
Old 18th January 2013
Here for the gear

My guitar set up.

Wessmeetswest.com
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portcity View Post
My guitar set up.

Wessmeetswest.com
How do you like that geiger counter? I'm really lusting after one of those but they're hard to find in the UK

Have you tried using the CV input controls?
Old 18th January 2013
Here for the gear

I am loving the Geiger Counter, I'm using it for way over the top bit crushing, but It has really nice overdrive as well. I have not used the CV yet.
Old 18th January 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosgow View Post
How do you like that geiger counter? I'm really lusting after one of those but they're hard to find in the UK

Have you tried using the CV input controls?
I just tryed the CV for this first time heres what I got,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVjvZo8l7e0
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the response! Do want, very much so
Old 19th January 2013
Here for the gear

Redoing my board right now.
Sadly I am 2 patch cables short. I need to make a couple tonight.
My board is almost full.
I hope to move my sonic stomp underneath so that I can leave it on and out of the way
Old 19th January 2013
Here for the gear

Forgot to rotate
Old 19th January 2013
Here for the gear

Update-Perverse Engineer-Glass Buddha Gear*****s

Quote:
Perverse Engineer "Glass Buddha Don't Shatter on Backwards Joey" - YouT

Perverse Engineer featuring Joe Price (Helliphant, Way off the Horse) perform "Glass Buddha Don't Shatter on Backwards Joey" to a video of toys. Gear*****s.
Old 20th January 2013
Here for the gear

?
Old 20th January 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
?
I got it working on my phone, idk why it wasn't loading anything before.
Cool lights !
I can't see all that it on it though
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Addict

Her's the pedal board I have in the studio.

Old 23rd January 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marineville View Post
Her's the pedal board I have in the studio.

Very nice !!
I am truly jealous of many peoples ability to own a strymon timeline.
i want no pedal more than that one.
I don't understand how so many people can afford the strymon timeline at its 600$+ price point.
I mostly play a fender hotrod deville. By today's standards, I couldn't even sell my amp to buy one !! Lol
Those things should be guaranteed for life at that price.
Truly Beautiful sounds though.
I wouldn't mind getting a hold of one of those older damage control delays either.
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
That probably would not get you started. That gear is uber custom and cool, most of us have no chance of ever reaching that level of quality.
if I wouldn't have spent all the money for gear in the past 35 years,
which I didn't really need or use, I could have easily bought
an 'all-tube DG type' board with 2 satellite extensions...

Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

I am so excited !! I will be attended NAMM this Friday.
Just or the day though.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

heres mine ...
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear
Quote:
I am so excited !! I will be attended NAMM this Friday.
Just or the day though.

im really jealous right now. ;/
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear
Quote:
Forgot to rotate
WOW! yes. tell me more about this compressor route 66. route 66 was the second choice of mine. the first one was the cs5 sustainer. i prefer CS5 cause it has very sweet sustain.
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRay View Post
WOW! yes. tell me more about this compressor route 66. route 66 was the second choice of mine. the first one was the cs5 sustainer. i prefer CS5 cause it has very sweet sustain.
Its techincally the COMP 66, but is the same compressor in the route 66.
It is an AMAZING compressor. It is comparable to a vintage mxr dyna comp but has a bypass able tone control. For example, my strat sounds amazing with the compressor cranked up, but gets a little too bright.
I can roll off the highs on the compressor to sound thick and creamy.
The compressor makes my epi black beauty sound too thick and muddy on its own, but is perfect with the tone control cranked up a little bit more
I LOVE this compressor. My boss compressor stopped working after 6 months and boss wouldn't fix it cause I was using a visual sound power supply for my board.
The boss sucked some high end when in bypass, but visual sound buffers are almost unbeatable; especially for the price range. Also between the die cast enclosure and stomp switches rated for 10 million stomps, you can't beat visual sound quality
Old 25th January 2013
Richard Kaplan here-

Here is a photo of a typical bunch of guitar pedals for a heavy session at Indigo Ranch.

You can see some of my album credits on studiorathq.com. I believe this was for a Ross Robinson session. Also there is a photo of the guitar amp setup that we used with Slipknot.

Best wishes,

RK
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah my guitar rig!

Old 25th January 2013
Here for the gear

very nice ! the 'narrow case' TS-808... love it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay- View Post
Yeah my guitar rig!

Old 27th January 2013
Here for the gear

Perverse Engineer-Glass Buddha Don't Shatter on Backwards Joey

I guess I should have listed this with the first posting.

Moog Ep-2, Ernie Ball Volume Jr., Digitech Whammy IV, Dunlop Crybaby, Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz, DAM Meathead, T.C. Helicon Switch 3 (vocals), Analogman Sunface, Subdecay Noise Box, Boss TU-2, Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master, Moog Ring Modulator, Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano, Digitech Bass Synth, Boss DD-7, Boss RC-3, Boss RE-201 Space Echo. Ludwig Vistalite 1974 smoke black. Synths and about 4 Kaoss Pads. And plenty of Beer, a phone and not alot of video experience.
Quote:
Perverse Engineer "Glass Buddha Don't Shatter on Backwards Joey" - YouT

Perverse Engineer featuring Joe Price (Helliphant, Way off the Horse) perform "Glass Buddha Don't Shatter on Backwards Joey" to a video of toys. Gear*****s.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search