The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
For me I prefer new pedals to be true bypass as it is much easier to deal with verses having just too many buffers. First time someone hooks up a Fulltone on a daisy chain the issues of what a ground loop hum is become a reality. Some pedals will handle daisy chain some will not, the better method is to just go isolation filtered bricks. I also use a Furman power condition for my master power for everything.
Which furman out of interest

Great posts guys about buffer vs bypass

I'm getting a buffer but only because i have so many pedals even though many are true bypass
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmunkey View Post
Which furman out of interest

Great posts guys about buffer vs bypass

I'm getting a buffer but only because i have so many pedals even though many are true bypass
Thanks for taking the time to read. My intent is to just try and pass on info that is not merely opinion but workable knowledge to improve ones tone and rig.

Furman is an older model I have had for some time, an RP8. I could use a newer one but other things seem to keep popping up, like the new Bogner pedals which are in my sights.

You will notice a difference when you put the buffer 1st in chain. I've been using the Radial PB-1 which is an always active buffer and I have the impedance drag all the way open for the most headroom. As a plus it has a footswitch adjustable class A clean boost which is nice to have, I seldom use it but nice it is there if you just want a little bit more push on the amp or an overdrive. I keep mine probably about 5-6db. I noticed an immediate lifting of the tone when I installed the buffer the first time. If you have a chain of bypass it will remove all sense of loading caused by the cables and sets of jacks in/out.

If you have your front pedal on most of the time that serves as a buffer effect as the output is usually low impedance coming out of most higher end pedals. Capacitance loading is more so an issue of having nothing on and the drag afforded by cable runs and numerous pedal connections, it is just a matter of physics, a buffer literally makes everything after it invisible to signal loss as the signal is always low impedance coming out of the always on buffer. Wampler used to make a nice buffer that is footswitchable in and out, PGS still has some of them in stock, nice to A/B the effect of one. I like the Radial PB-1 which really impressed me as a quality product, Heaviest pedal on my board except maybe for the tube unit w its transformer. Be sure to power with power supply for the best performance from the buffer. Higher voltage runners are better I should add over just 9v but w a supply feed these are fine.

If you have longer cable runs back to your amp via amp loop and/or amp-in line an end of chain buffer can help as well but the front end one is primary. I often keep my wah before the buffer but I cannot say it makes a big deal.

A funny notion comes to mind regarding cap loading in the old days when we were not so up on the tech side of things. Story about Hendrix who had to use the VOX wah pedal in front of his Fuzz Face as the old fuzz units did not like low impedance signal which Crybaby's put out, it was an impedance mismatch but in those days he knew it did not sound right but probably not of the cause.
They also say that the amps and Strat's were so bright centered in that time, that Hendrix used that 20ft curly cable as a means to actually cap load his guitar signal rolling off the high end and alter the center freq of the guitar. Again probably not knowing of the tech, it just sounded better to him. Things back then were pretty crappy compared to what we have these days. They sort of used what they had in a means that sounded better to them.
The noise, hum, and interference on those old gear rigs was excruciating. Even more so exasperated by the cables and chain acting as an antenna to pull in radio noise and 60hz hum from the electric and florescent lights.
Every time hear the notion of "vintage" all that noise floor comes to mind. Today we have the younger players getting all this terrible noise floor from ground loop and such an just choking it off with a NR pedal. The issues of buffers and what not is a means to clean up ones primary signal rather than cover up issues.
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to read. My intent is to just try and pass on info that is not merely opinion but workable knowledge to improve ones tone and rig.

Furman is an older model I have had for some time, an RP8. I could use a newer one but other things seem to keep popping up, like the new Bogner pedals which are in my sights.

You will notice a difference when you put the buffer 1st in chain. I've been using the Radial PB-1 which is an always active buffer and I have the impedance drag all the way open for the most headroom. As a plus it has a footswitch adjustable class A clean boost which is nice to have, I seldom use it but nice it is there if you just want a little bit more push on the amp or an overdrive. I keep mine probably about 5-6db. I noticed an immediate lifting of the tone when I installed the buffer the first time. If you have a chain of bypass it will remove all sense of loading caused by the cables and sets of jacks in/out.

If you have your front pedal on most of the time that serves as a buffer effect as the output is usually low impedance coming out of most higher end pedals. Capacitance loading is more so an issue of having nothing on and the drag afforded by cable runs and numerous pedal connections, it is just a matter of physics, a buffer literally makes everything after it invisible to signal loss as the signal is always low impedance coming out of the always on buffer. Wampler used to make a nice buffer that is footswitchable in and out, PGS still has some of them in stock, nice to A/B the effect of one. I like the Radial PB-1 which really impressed me as a quality product, Heaviest pedal on my board except maybe for the tube unit w its transformer. Be sure to power with power supply for the best performance from the buffer. Higher voltage runners are better I should add over just 9v but w a supply feed these are fine.

If you have longer cable runs back to your amp via amp loop and/or amp-in line an end of chain buffer can help as well but the front end one is primary. I often keep my wah before the buffer but I cannot say it makes a big deal.

A funny notion comes to mind regarding cap loading in the old days when we were not so up on the tech side of things. Story about Hendrix who had to use the VOX wah pedal in front of his Fuzz Face as the old fuzz units did not like low impedance signal which Crybaby's put out, it was an impedance mismatch but in those days he knew it did not sound right but probably not of the cause.
They also say that the amps and Strat's were so bright centered in that time, that Hendrix used that 20ft curly cable as a means to actually cap load his guitar signal rolling off the high end and alter the center freq of the guitar. Again probably not knowing of the tech, it just sounded better to him. Things back then were pretty crappy compared to what we have these days. They sort of used what they had in a means that sounded better to them.
The noise, hum, and interference on those old gear rigs was excruciating. Even more so exasperated by the cables and chain acting as an antenna to pull in radio noise and 60hz hum from the electric and florescent lights.
Every time hear the notion of "vintage" all that noise floor comes to mind. Today we have the younger players getting all this terrible noise floor from ground loop and such an just choking it off with a NR pedal. The issues of buffers and what not is a means to clean up ones primary signal rather than cover up issues.
I actually bought the wampler today or at least ordered one, dont know enough about active/passive so am staying passive for now

Noise is an issue only insofar as i have to record relatively quitely in a flat so do tend to clamp down on the hum with a decimator when recording open clean parts. I have a power brick thingy and may get a linear psu just for home use as i cant get rid of the 60hz hum. I dont want to change my pickups or amp so kind of stuck otherwise

Funny you say about hendrix. At the front of my chain (well after a tu-3, gulp!) i have a 70s cry-baby which def effects the tone to where i actually pull it out of the chain when i dont need it, sounds like the buffer will sort that!

All great info!!
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
I actually bought the wampler today or at least ordered one, dont know enough about active/passive so am staying passive for now

Noise is an issue only insofar as i have to record relatively quitely in a flat so do tend to clamp down on the hum with a decimator when recording open clean parts. I have a power brick thingy and may get a linear psu just for home use as i cant get rid of the 60hz hum. I dont want to change my pickups or amp so kind of stuck otherwise

Funny you say about hendrix. At the front of my chain (well after a tu-3, gulp!) i have a 70s cry-baby which def effects the tone to where i actually pull it out of the chain when i dont need it, sounds like the buffer will sort that!

All great info!!
The Furman units help filter and clamp the wall voltage. If you have to use an NR you have to especially on recording where noise is much more noticeable. Is your brick an isolated filtered supply type like a Voodoo Lab or BBE? How do you like that ISP unit, I tend to hate gates but I hear this is a different puppy than just a gate. My rig is really quiet even at uber gain levels, of course one gets some noise floor at really high gain levels but I am not recording these days so I do not notice it much.

I discovered I was getting a terrible ground loop hum running two separate chains for amp in and amp loop but mixing and crossing power feeds but all from the same Furman master supply. Once I used a supply for each chain it cleaned up, drove me nuts for a while. Also using multiple wall sources can cause ground loop hum, that is what I like about the Furman master source.

I just realized I may have to buy another brick supply for my new pedals I have coming in. I really wish I had not traded off that BBE Supracharger unit.
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Furman units help filter and clamp the wall voltage. If you have to use an NR you have to especially on recording where noise is much more noticeable. Is your brick an isolated filtered supply type like a Voodoo Lab or BBE? How do you like that ISP unit, I tend to hate gates but I hear this is a different puppy than just a gate. My rig is really quiet even at uber gain levels, of course one gets some noise floor at really high gain levels but I am not recording these days so I do not notice it much.

I discovered I was getting a terrible ground loop hum running two separate chains for amp in and amp loop but mixing and crossing power feeds but all from the same Furman master supply. Once I used a supply for each chain it cleaned up, drove me nuts for a while. Also using multiple wall sources can cause ground loop hum, that is what I like about the Furman master source.

I just realized I may have to buy another brick supply for my new pedals I have coming in. I really wish I had not traded off that BBE Supracharger unit.
The problem is really the amp hum with nothing plugged in. The ISP is very impressive actually, i have the gstring pedal which works more like a noise gate but you feed it twice like you do with the rack versions. The other noise i can reduce to manageble levels but that hum just kills it but i put that down to the amp itself.
Old 17th November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
The problem is really the amp hum with nothing plugged in. The ISP is very impressive actually, i have the gstring pedal which works more like a noise gate but you feed it twice like you do with the rack versions. The other noise i can reduce to manageble levels but that hum just kills it but i put that down to the amp itself.
Yeah that can be the deal with some amps. They say putting a Faraday shield around V1 can help the amp block interference it tends to magnify as noise.
thetubestore.com has them around $20 I think.
Uber high gain levels in a tube amp generate noise floor hiss but on a clean channel the puppy should be dead quiet.
I like those ISP units the best if I had to get one I would go w them. I looked at the Decimator a few times. Most of my noise comes from my single coils despite shielding and ground just noisy pickups. I am looking to change to Dimarzio area '58s when I can.
Old 17th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah that can be the deal with some amps. They say putting a Faraday shield around V1 can help the amp block interference it tends to magnify as noise.
thetubestore.com has them around $20 I think.
Uber high gain levels in a tube amp generate noise floor hiss but on a clean channel the puppy should be dead quiet.
I like those ISP units the best if I had to get one I would go w them. I looked at the Decimator a few times. Most of my noise comes from my single coils despite shielding and ground just noisy pickups. I am looking to change to Dimarzio area '58s when I can.
Thanks will look at the faraday shield, whats V1? Valve 1? I'd def consinder the decimator if all else fails but sounds like new pickups would fix it. Hiss on high gain is fine its just unacceptable on clean tones.
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Head

Well, here it is. My ultimate looping/one man band setup in progress. I built the board, stands, etc.

RC-50 on bottom, GT-6 raised. This is the perfect place to put it because all the cables and plugs fit underneath the GT!

Then in the back on a little stand is a rackmount MOTU that sends out the midi signal from the 50 (it gets too delayed after enough daisy-chaining).

On top of that lives the SR-16.

To the right is a little Switchblade A/B sticher. It determines if the Mic goes into the RC-50 for looping or straight into the PA. There's holes in the stand for the GT-6 to get things through. On the left you can see similar holes where all the "outs" go to my amp and my little 4-band amp head for mixing.

The main board is just 24" by 24" and can be carried by one person. Then there is a secondary board that velcroes on the side for expansion. That has the JamMan, which I use to trigger movie sound effects and stuff. Then two Beringer FS112s are connected over to the 50 for more control.

The right side of this expansion has velcro, too, so if I want to expand further that is not a problem.

The blank space under the Behringers are for a Keith McKmillon 12-step... looking forward to that.

The keyboard has an SL-20 connected via Midi as well.

For kicks, here is also the rest of my music room.

In the future I want to get the 12-step, a better keyboard and drum machine, and an RC-300 and a better PA. So far so good though.
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I fear I have succumbed to a fatal case of (UPBF) "update pedal board fever" the last couple of days and I have made my choices for my next wifey approved batch of "toys for fat boy" (my claimed charity for the 'poor' starving artist guitarist who lives in the house-me).
The winners are
Bogner RED Ecstasy Pedal
Bogner BLUE Ecstasy Pedal
Vox delay Lab
Dimarzio Area '58 pickup

These puppies will totally rearrange my board and allow me to pull the HD POD out of my loop and just use it for a collection of wahs (which I quite like on the unit, and a few filters I am fond of, pre amp in chain.) The various reviews of the Bogners have sold me just killer pedals and all new tech from genius R. Bogner, no op amps or diode gain stages in these new pedals. A ton of option switches and features. Cannot wait, will do some in-depth reviews here on each after a "trial, get used to it" period. The buzz on these new pedals is raging. They have a touch and feel to them unlike any pedal you've messed with.

Delay was a hard choice and I have had so many units. I was pretty sold on the new X4 Flashback until I started looking into the Vox Delay Lab unit. Really something here plus it has my beloved ms readout, a ton of preset slot memory, 30 modes of differing delays, 4secs delay, 28 looper, stereo, timing interval choices, tap, and abounding weirdness for the mad scientist in the lab. Also interesting presets given of some U2 and Rush 2112 delay settings, etc. Intelligent reviews have sited the unit as having really great sound and its tape and such so close to the real deal as not to be noticed. Sounds marvelous, and at $220 like $30 less than the X4 allowed me to squeeze in a pickup for the replacement change I've been wanting as well.
Santa loves me after all!!!!
Oh know, now I'm going to want the Bogner stuff after you get your hands on it and review it. LOL. please do tell us how it sounds. Got a great sound last night using my good old RAT pedal through the Ego and straight into a VOX AC15. Of course the Steven Paul modded u67 was a nice mic to record with lol
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear
I've been going through so many changes and ideas before my buy day approaches and I have decided on some different ideas.
I need more pedals in my back line so I am going to try the Black Uberschall first as I could use a great articulate high gain eyeing the Wampler Triple Wreck previously. I have switched delay choices to the TC X4 delay and a couple new pickups to mod my Strats a little. I am getting a new Phaser and Reverb as well for my loop chain.

There is a guy on my Bogner thread who has both the Red And Blue and has demoed the Red. More and more demos are turning up on youtube.
I love doing detailed reviews so I will write up the Uberschall and X4 after getting them worked out and whatever goodies I manage to add into this buy. Next go round I will get both the Red and Blue as I feel these are like having the amp channels and go together so well, coolness with the pedals is stacking, And I hear these morph well with other pedals as they are more amp like in design and feel.
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've been going through so many changes and ideas before my buy day approaches and I have decided on some different ideas.
I need more pedals in my back line so I am going to try the Black Uberschall first as I could use a great articulate high gain eyeing the Wampler Triple Wreck previously. I have switched delay choices to the TC X4 delay and a couple new pickups to mod my Strats a little. I am getting a new Phaser and Reverb as well for my loop chain.

There is a guy on my Bogner thread who has both the Red And Blue and has demoed the Red. More and more demos are turning up on youtube.
I love doing detailed reviews so I will write up the Uberschall and X4 after getting them worked out and whatever goodies I manage to add into this buy. Next go round I will get both the Red and Blue as I feel these are like having the amp channels and go together so well, coolness with the pedals is stacking, And I hear these morph well with other pedals as they are more amp like in design and feel.
The wampler triple wreck is awesome! Let us know how the uberschall sounds
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

Sweet! I cannot wait to hear them. I already sold my POD500. I just couldn't get into it. I love having all of the pedals right in front of me. I can dial them up in a matter of seconds. Really cool stuff indeed. Rock on. Keep us posted on those Bogners.
Old 21st November 2012
Lives for gear

Wow, all this.

My kitchen table is right now covered with plywood, strips of poplar, a miter box and back saw, and sundry tools. I am making my first board which will be a permanent chain of a General Guitar Gadgets Orange Squeezer, an old Microverb II, and a volume pedal. There'll be four tone presets on the guitar, and that's it.

And a tiny little netbook with the rest of the "band" on it, and start and pause pedals for that. At least until I find humans who want to play my songs, if I ever do.

LP
Old 22nd November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Have you tried the a Faraday metal shield around V1? They are only like $20 from thetubestore.com. If it is interference coming into the amp this will shield it out. Some amps are noisy. clean channel or setting should not have that much noise floor hiss. High gains always have a noise floor that is just a product of uber gain. If you are using a power conditioner filter on the wall source, a Faraday shield and there are no groundloop hum issues, then wondering does the amp need a workover??
Old 22nd November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Have you tried the a Faraday metal shield around V1? They are only like $20 from thetubestore.com. If it is interference coming into the amp this will shield it out. Some amps are noisy. clean channel or setting should not have that much noise floor hiss. High gains always have a noise floor that is just a product of uber gain. If you are using a power conditioner filter on the wall source, a Faraday shield and there are no groundloop hum issues, then wondering does the amp need a workover??
I had it serviced recently and am replacing the valves. Gonna try both the conditioner and the faraday shield. Which brand PC do you recommend and what do you mean by V1?
Old 23rd November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
I had it serviced recently and am replacing the valves. Gonna try both the conditioner and the faraday shield. Which brand PC do you recommend and what do you mean by V1?
V1 is the first slot preamp tube, mine has V1-V5, they say the shield on V1 is enough. Info on the website. Most of the noise from the amp is the preamp tubes. I tend to run new issue Mullards or Tung Sol from thetubestore,com out of Canada. Super fast air delivery.
You can't go wrong using a power conditioner, using the shield on V1 and new tubes with a bias trim adjust, will sound like a new amp.

I use an HP computer myself but I need a new one.
Old 23rd November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
V1 is the first slot preamp tube, mine has V1-V5, they say the shield on V1 is enough. Info on the website. Most of the noise from the amp is the preamp tubes. I tend to run new issue Mullards or Tung Sol from thetubestore,com out of Canada. Super fast air delivery.
You can't go wrong using a power conditioner, using the shield on V1 and new tubes with a bias trim adjust, will sound like a new amp.

I use an HP computer myself but I need a new one.
By PC i meant power conditioner. Thanks for the info, will get a faraday shield from tubestore. Cheers
Old 24th November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
By PC i meant power conditioner. Thanks for the info, will get a faraday shield from tubestore. Cheers
Sorry was not sure. pC just rings a bell, hard to associate w anything else. I have an older Furman unit. They are surprisingly low priced these days. I would get a new one but it seems something else is always hitting the budget.
Carvin has a nice one as well. I dig Carvin gear myelf, been using their amps and guitars for well over a decade.
One of those pieces of gear that seems to work forever.

Just got another $800 worth of pedals last Monday. Still cannot figure out if Fed Ex is running today, people have said no but their web site says yes. Looks like I have to wait all weekend for the first shipment. The Bogner goes out next week.
Old 24th November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lame pseudonym View Post
Wow, all this.

My kitchen table is right now covered with plywood, strips of poplar, a miter box and back saw, and sundry tools. I am making my first board which will be a permanent chain of a General Guitar Gadgets Orange Squeezer, an old Microverb II, and a volume pedal. There'll be four tone presets on the guitar, and that's it.

And a tiny little netbook with the rest of the "band" on it, and start and pause pedals for that. At least until I find humans who want to play my songs, if I ever do.

LP
I got into making my own boards about a year ago, must have rendered at least 4 by now. I never had any idea it could be so easy or cheap and to make them any size or shape desired. Too cool.
I have a 2 level board right now. Amp loop chain lines on upper level, lower is the amp in chain. Wood must have cost me like $20 or so. Had them rip a piece off for me and used that for the upper shelf as I prefer a slanted board, added a pre cut 2x2 pieces under where the slope hits the floor for a brace. Screwed and glued the braces on. so strong you can stand on it. Did not have to cut anything, marvelous, painted it up black and presto, killer board and easy to replace.
Old 24th November 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I got into making my own boards about a year ago, must have rendered at least 4 by now. I never had any idea it could be so easy or cheap and to make them any size or shape desired. Too cool.
I have a 2 level board right now. Amp loop chain lines on upper level, lower is the amp in chain. Wood must have cost me like $20 or so. Had them rip a piece off for me and used that for the upper shelf as I prefer a slanted board, added a pre cut 2x2 pieces under where the slope hits the floor for a brace. Screwed and glued the braces on. so strong you can stand on it. Did not have to cut anything, marvelous, painted it up black and presto, killer board and easy to replace.
PICS

This is gearsluts, not geareducationalrants.com
Old 24th November 2012
Gear Guru

Here's the simplicity of my pedal board. A LF+12+ on a Pedal Train-2 with three expression pedals: two FV-500-Ls and a Mission SP-1. I also use a Ernie Ball Volume pedal as an expression pedal when I just have to have that extra one, unattached to the board. There's also a foot switch to the side I use for tap tempo. These plug into the Fractal Axe Fx II.
Old 24th November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosgow View Post
PICS

This is gearsluts, not geareducationalrants.com
Dreadfully sorry, I was contributing on the issue of making low cost pedal boards in a conversation.
I was on the gearslutz website myself.
I hope you will forgive me for not offering vacuously unfunny nonsequiturs.
lol as it were
Old 27th November 2012
Here for the gear

Big board and small board:

Old 27th November 2012
Neat ^. What fx on the big board?
Old 30th November 2012
Here for the gear

Just completed my first homemade board, and now I'm post happy.

Signal chain is: '98 American Standard Telecaster/'07 Epiphone Dot Studio> GCB95 Crybaby> OC-2> Dyna Comp> NS-2 {send> DS-1> Ibanez Fat Cat> Big Muff> return}> Micro Amp> Volume> DL-4> amp {fx send> CE-2> Holy Grail> TU-2> return}

Amp is a Bugera 1960 run thru a Fender Bandmaster 2x12 cab.

Line 6 running on its own power supply, everything else run by a Pedal Power ISO 5.
Old 30th November 2012
mono

stereo

bass

currently making some dirt tweaks to stereo & bass boards.
Old 30th November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
mono

So how do you like the Triple Wreck. I just got the Bogner Uberschall, sort of wish I would have gotten the TW, big fan of Wampler Pedals. love that upper board, some goodies in there. How do you like that Catlinbread Parabola unit?
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
So how do you like the Triple Wreck. I just got the Bogner Uberschall, sort of wish I would have gotten the TW, big fan of Wampler Pedals. love that upper board, some goodies in there. How do you like that Catlinbread Parabola unit?
I love my tw. In fact it sounds good even with no gain, could be my fave out of a full tone mosfet, vTwin, big muff and tubescreamer but i am in honeymoon period at the mo so that could change

Can anyone recommend a decent pitch doubler/octaver?

Sent from my GT-I8190
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
I love my tw. In fact it sounds good even with no gain, could be my fave out of a full tone mosfet, vTwin, big muff and tubescreamer but i am in honeymoon period at the mo so that could change

Can anyone recommend a decent pitch doubler/octaver?

Sent from my GT-I8190
If you're like me, you try something else and suddenly you realize what a great pedal design the Wampler's are. I have the TW in my sites on my next buy just because I want to have one for my collection.

Since I have been using the Ecstasy/Euphoria Overdrive I stopped shopping for better drives. In the range of its 3 modes from clean to dirt you can dial in just about any taste in a drive without being just a TS clone. It has a "dumble", zendrive, zenkudo, mode that is just great.

I am not so pleased with the Uberschall, the hype is more than the pedal. I decided to go in the opposite direction and roll the gain off to more of an amp sounding overdrive. I have other gains which are more intense than it musters so I will just use it more as an overdrive. It rolls off and cleans up nicely plus has a lot of db push.

Not sure about the doubler thing unless that is harmonizer lingo.
I prefer above all, the new Whammy V, now polyphonic tracking and by-pass. I dig the harmonizer modes on that pedal, seldom ever used it for the weeeooooo thing most think is all it does. Having a great tracking clean interval harmonizer that does not require a locked key or scale is quite cool.

I have the micro POG at the moment and it is a polyphonic tracking for the most part, does a great sub 8va but the upper octave is not a true clean octave but more a synthy modulated feedback thing. It survives because it does that Hammond B3 organ Deep Purple mimic that is pretty fun.

I also like the Octavia unit on the Pigtronix OFO, a clean octave up unit with that lovely sense of ring mod coolness, reminds me of the Lovepedal believe I had been wanting. The OD on that one is OK but I am not really liking the Fuzz circuit all that much. I just use it for the octavia tones.

T-Rex makes the Octavia if you can find it, (my vendor carries T-Rex but not that one) it has a sub and upper octave I hear is pretty good.
Old 6th December 2012
Here for the gear

The board for now. Order in the chain:

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Xotic EP Booster
Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone
Nobels ODR-1
Fuchs Plush Valvejob Drive
Buddah Wah
Visual Sound H20 Chorus
Pigtronix Echolution with M-Audio expression pedal
Boss Rotary RT-20
Ibanez Phaser PH-7
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 Echolution

Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus mounted to a Pedaltrain Pro

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search