The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 30th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
We're you using it in your amps effects loop or with some boost pedals? The nova delay has the ability to adjust the expected input level. Check the manual if you still have one around and look up how to do this. Basically it says to enter this mode playing as loud as you ever would. Cranked up and boost pedals on, solo level live rig gain settings and then it will adjust making sure that your are not completely overloading the input. Then when you are done all should be good in case that was ever a problem.
I had done the level set properly. It would just freak out every once in a while and the only way to get it back in operation was to reset it. It did it a couple of times on stage and I couldn't have that hence why I got rid of them.
Old 30th August 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylithra View Post
I had done the level set properly. It would just freak out every once in a while and the only way to get it back in operation was to reset it. It did it a couple of times on stage and I couldn't have that hence why I got rid of them.
I was just checking. Many people don't read manuals or know of things like that. It is common that people put pedals in effects loops and do not understand how loud the sound going to the pedal is. Or even put all their pedals in the effects loop and don't understand why their overdrive pedal is now controlling the master volume for their amp lol.

Sorry you had that experience.
You post got me worried and I looked up common problems that people have with them amongst google. It seems all the freezing/glitch problems happened in countries outside the US. Just something I have noticed.
I personally am using a RadioShack wall wart. Surprisingly enough, many radio shack wall warts are quieter and provide more amperage than typical guitar wall warts.
I love to keep a couple around. Mine have selectable voltage controls and I like that it need be I can reverse the polarity of tip/sleeve.
Anyways perhaps the fault is in their provided power supplies ? I have no idea. I'm jut praying mine holds up.
You are making me want to hold onto my dl4 just in case
Old 31st August 2012
Lives for gear
Most current pedal setup from an outdoor August show, with Radial ABY box integrated.
Old 1st September 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by purps View Post
I was going to make a thread and realized I cant. :(
So guys I hope this is not a threadjack, but figured this would be the place since pedals are connected to ....AMPS!
Mods if this is in the wrong place or Im a ****** for posting here just move said post.
I just bought a marshall jcm2000 tsl 100 and matching av cab.
I asked for 900 but he wouldnt go lower than 1100 for both.
Was this a good deal/ fair price?
I know what this cost brand new but dont care, we all know music gear usually depreciates 50% once you step out the door, lol.
the amp and cab look great one small tear on corner of cab.
I played itand the only thing was this weird poping transient noise that sounds to me like a ground fault; it was on and off but constant.
is this common in marshalls or did I buy a lemon?
I have had a avt 200 150h and marshall MV I believe, didnt realy care for thaty amp much.
I actually loved the avt, sweet distorition on that thing.

Dont have pics but to stay relevant to posts ...
Im a pedal guy. Love pedals.
But my main gear is always going to be vintage, with one exception.
eventides pedals...wow did they hit it with these or what?
My pedals are mostly old japaneese boss pedals, I also have a vintage 70"s electroharmonix "boost" pedal and of course my eventide timefactor, man I love that thing.

You can't create a new thread?? Just a button on the top make sure you're in a proper forum for the topic. This is a great site lots of traffic, the guitar pedal and player side of things have really improved the last year, used to be all high end recording stuff, went so much over my head as I am not doing the home recording thing.

I had a 2000 Marshall w a 1960A cab cost me like $2300, got in a money problem and had to let it go for like $600, I still cry over that loss. Last Marshall I had. Was a great amp and I love Marshall, like the new JVM and 410 models like the Satriani signature. A whole lot of bucks. Most of the money is in the name. I am not a vintage buyer, I like new, and for amps I need decent wattage and nothing less than a 12"twin cab.

Do not know what your problem might be. With tube amps the first thing to do is replace all the tubes and make sure your bias trim is set. Next is start bench tech'ing the caps and resisters if you cannot do it take it to a competent technician. Not a good idea to play around in the guts if you are not versed, you can get the crap shocked out of you or short the amp out.

I am not crazy w the name brand yada these days. Most gear is just way too much money. I look for quality and workmanship at decent prices, the same with pedals and whatever. Sometimes you can find quality stuff for sensible prices. I have not used little Boss for some tears now, just moved away from them even had some Keeley mods (wish I would have kept those). Boss was very innovative and opened up the pedal market but over time I just got into better pedals. Too many buffer circuits for me. I design my pedal boards as close as I can to the proper combination of buffer stages and true bypass. I make my own connector cables and use high end power supplies.

There are a lot of decent pedals out there these days for a fair price. I have all sorts over the years. Most have come and gone some I miss and some I regret getting. I try to start threads when I can come up with a good idea. I think my last one was "What pedal was disappointing to the hype?" that was interesting as one sees right away someone will love what another hated. Pedals are all about the chemistry of your guitar/amp/ and technique.style, one through trial and error looks for that magical combination to suit your personal style and playing ability. Merely using what someone else does never really works out. You have to arrive at what works for you.

Any way you should be able to post, ask about your amp in one of the repair threads or make a new one, it will get lost on this one and we cannot move someone else's post.
Old 6th September 2012
Here for the gear

I am debating whether or not to trade away my line 6 dl4. I am worried that I'll lowball myself selling it. Also I never have money to buy gear anymore. Most my new items comes in trades and bartering guitar/pedal work for friends.

It's funny nobody on Craigslist is throwing me trade offers on CL.
Maybe time to post in the buy:sell section here.
I remember I always wanted a DL4
Then I jut realized that i liked the nova delay better.
Time to let it go lol
Old 6th September 2012
Here for the gear

What's is everyone's piece of gear they want, but will likely never have?
Old 7th September 2012
Lives for gear
I can offer from my many many trade-in losses and whatnot over the years having lost entire series and lines of pedals looking for the next best thing. I have decided never to do it again. If I have something I no longer think is working I just shelf it for a later time. I have lost so many cool things I regretted getting rid of for often a fraction of what they cost me, I have resigned to never again trade off my pedal collection for a new chain of goodies. I would sooner give something away to some young player who needs it and who would love it than to trade it off for a 1/4 of what it cost me.

Looking at my current chain I would be hard pressed to count anything that has remained through the test of time. There is always "better" and we always want the next best thing or something new, that is why we have the pedal and/or amp/guitar addiction syndrome. So I advice just shelving whatever you are tired of and just opt for something new. God some of the vintage coolness I let go that if nothing else was a collector item just to get the new and better hype.

I know what it means to have your budget gutted. My advice look through the inventory of zZounds.com or AMS.com that offer 4 and a 3 paymnt plan of no qual, no finance charge and not having to get their credit card, just equal payments same day every month on your card, if you have just a debit card that is sponsored by VISA or MC you can use that as a credit card.
Allows me to buy gear these days whereas trying to save up for it never works. They do not have everything or anything exiotic but quite a bit they are always adding new gear. I use zZounds quite a bit for their 4 payment having previously used AMS on their 3 payment. Great deal for those of us who cannot drop the bucks these days. I am in no way affiliated w them just FYI for some help out there to my fellow players.

As to what I would like cannot manage.
Strymon delay, KLON, Satriani Marshall, some new custom guitar builds, most of the rest I can get on payments
Old 7th September 2012
Gear Addict

Mine was designed as a triple looping setup, where each of the three looping machines (2 DL4s and a Boss RC20) have their own parallel circuit. This lets me switch them in and out of the signal path, allowing me to feed the loopers further down the chain independently, or mush them together in various amalgams. The two DL4s also have expression pedals hooked up, so I can control their volume independently, do fades, etc.

The smaller pedal board has a little 4-->1 mixer that combines three different outputs from the effects board (each from a different part of the signal chain) and a Barber Launch Pad, which splits the one channel into two, and flips the phase of one so that I can use both channels of my Twin Reverb (reissue).

Cheers,
A
Old 9th September 2012
Lives for gear

@ mahler007 - that's one involved looking looper set up! If you've got some YouTube footage taking advantage of all your loopers I'd watch it. I'm curious to hear the imagination behind multilayered compositions done with loop pedals.

Cool thread guys - keep posting your boards. I'm inspired by them all! Even if nobody post about yours, I'm still looking and thinking about your set up. ;-)
Old 21st September 2012
Gear Addict

That's mine, today.

For those who will be asking:
-The central device is Midione SX-9 (currently out of production, great "boutique product"), a programmable switcher/looper for my pedals. Can handle 8 different pedals (2 also for an amp "send-return" configuration) and has a footswitch (sw-1). Footswitch and loops 7-8 can be combined to control an up-to-3channel head. You can use it in two modes: "loop" and "preset". In Loop mode every button turns in/out every corrispondent pedal unit, in preset mode you can select which unit you want to be active (footswitch included!) and save them as a preset (8 banks of 8 preset, total 64).

-The other pedal you SURELY DON'T KNOW it's a "tube" (i say " because I don't think have any tube at all) boost, custom made here near where I live. Had it from a client who couldn't pay me. Nothing particular btw.

-You should know other units.
TC Delay and Marshall Bluesbreaker are awesome to my ears.
Boss is mostly for live (playin ac with an electric). MM is great for "dark chuggs".
Polytune is quite awesome, Small clone is... BORING.
Other are "tweakable".
Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear
I'm rather boring. I have a Line 6 HD500 running into a Line 6 DT25. I love it.
Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear
Timwaldvogel, I would consider a guitar a piece of the rig and I know I'll never own a '59 Les Paul Standard Flametop. :-(
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

Hi all... fun thread!

Rookie question, here...

My first pedal board... What are you guys using to fasten your pedals to your board? I thought about removing the back cover of pedals, drilling a hole in both the cover and the wood board, and fastening using screws. Though, many pedals have the pcb boards attached to the bottom cover.

Some folks use velcro, but my fear is that when I transport the thing, I'll have the velcro come loose, and have pedals flying all over the inside of my Gator case.

Any suggestions or methods that have really worked well for you guys?
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear Maniac

I'm just using the velcro that came with my Pedaltrain board, works just fine.

Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear
Haven't had issues with pedals coming loose with Velcro if applied properly. I buy 1 1/2" strips at Home Depot and cut to length.

Instead of drilling your pedals, people have used bicycle chain links or similar to go under the bottom cover screws and then those can be screwed to the pedalboard - preferable to drilling into your pedals themselves.
Old 22nd September 2012
Here for the gear

If your playing stages with a lot of par can lights it is inevitable that Velcro will come loose.
Anyone who hasn't had it come loose or their glue melt in the summer is trying to preent it from happening by carrying their pedalboard flat lol. My pedalboard Velcro (even the good pedaltrain stuff) has never lasted more than 5-6 gigs without a problem.

I just fastened a piece MDF covered in a loop side material to my pedaltrain pro. Then I fasten most pedals with bicycle chain with the exception of my TB looper and my line 6 m5 who don't have proper hole placement for the figure 8 shaped pieces.
So I just put industrial white Velcro on the entire bottom and the other pedals help keep it from falling off enough to come loose.

I can replace the wood piece for less than 10$
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear
I invented some el cheapo pedal tie downs by clipping cheap package wire holder screw downs (the black ones, different sizes, cheap at Lowe's) I was clipping the circle where the area was flat and drilling a small hole at one end.

On most pedals I could attach the tabs using the pedal bottom screws and screw the other end into the board. Some I could flip the holder around to screw into the pedal screw and back angle into the board drilling a hole in the loop portion to fit a screw to the board. Pedals like the Whammy with side mount pedal screws had to use this method. Verses the metal predrilled tabs you can get but some pedals need a right angle bend with a fair height to reach the pedal screw.

Worked very well, only down side was my constant pedal addiction syndrome of new pedals and having all these holes in my board every time I redid the config or layout.

Still if you have a fixed order of pedals you are happy with it works well short of ordering those metal tab predrills that some sell which do not work on all pedals, like the Whammy which had screws up on the sides of the pedal so I did that reverse screw down thing using the tab and it works. You can try right angle bending the pre tabs IF they are long enough to reach.

Timma is right about the Velcro, cool when you are in the sound room and air conditioning but that glue will give in the heat. For other tie downs it is hard to beat well made zip tie locks pulled tight to bind things.
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Maniac

I'll have to get some pics taken of my rig sometime soon for now I'll have to use verbal description

I use two Pedaltrain boards with hardshell cases and Voodoo Lab Pedal Power + (2) with george l's patch cables.

Dunlop Volume
Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2
Dunlop Joe Bonomassa Signature Crybaby Wah
Pigtronix Dual Expression Pedal
Wampler Ego Compressor
VFE Custom Shop Fuzz Duo (teal sparkle, cream knobs, hand painted graphics, custom spec based on a fuzz face circuit switchable silicon/germanium transistors)
DMB Pedals Custom Shop Dual Overdrive (teal sparkle, cream knobs, 4 knob stellar drive into a 4 knob lexi drive, built to spec)
Electro-Harmonix Ravish Sitar (connected to pigtronix expression for drone)
Earthquaker Devices Organizer
Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine (connected to pigtronix expression for pitch)
TC Electronic Nova Modulator
TC Electronic Nova Delay
DMB Pedals Custom Shop Lunar Echo (built to spec, custom teal sparkle, all cream knobs)
Wampler Faux Spring Reverb
Digitech Jam Man Solo Looper
Korg Pitchblack Tuner (I use Peterson Stroboclip tuners now too guitars/basses are setup using the Peterson sweetened tunings)
Radial ABY Switcher

Mogami Cables are used between guitar/fx and fx/amps.
Old 23rd September 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie folk guy View Post
I'll have to get some pics taken of my rig sometime soon for now I'll have to use verbal description

I use two Pedaltrain boards with hardshell cases and Voodoo Lab Pedal Power + (2) with george l's patch cables.

Dunlop Volume
Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2
Dunlop Joe Bonomassa Signature Crybaby Wah
Pigtronix Dual Expression Pedal
Wampler Ego Compressor
VFE Custom Shop Fuzz Duo (teal sparkle, cream knobs, hand painted graphics, custom spec based on a fuzz face circuit switchable silicon/germanium transistors)
DMB Pedals Custom Shop Dual Overdrive (teal sparkle, cream knobs, 4 knob stellar drive into a 4 knob lexi drive, built to spec)
Electro-Harmonix Ravish Sitar (connected to pigtronix expression for drone)
Earthquaker Devices Organizer
Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine (connected to pigtronix expression for pitch)
TC Electronic Nova Modulator
TC Electronic Nova Delay
DMB Pedals Custom Shop Lunar Echo (built to spec, custom teal sparkle, all cream knobs)
Wampler Faux Spring Reverb
Digitech Jam Man Solo Looper
Korg Pitchblack Tuner (I use Peterson Stroboclip tuners now too guitars/basses are setup using the Peterson sweetened tunings)
Radial ABY Switcher

Mogami Cables are used between guitar/fx and fx/amps.
Please tell me your a post rock/ ambient guy? LOL !
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Please tell me your a post rock/ ambient guy? LOL !
I do a bit of everything
country, surf, rockabilly, jazz, funk, soul, motown, rnb, classic rock, blues, psychedelic, indie, alternative, folk, you could definitely say there are many post rock/ambient tendencies as well. I pretty much play everything but rap and metal

I have a variety of guitars currently these are my electrics of choice

Italia Rimini 12 String Black (bone nut strung like a vintage Rick where the root string is on top and then the octave up string is on bottom and the octave string on G is wound)

St Blues Bluescaster in seafoam green with maple neck/fingerboard (bone nut, lollar tweed strat pickups in neck and middle and lollar el rayo 4 conductor in bridge)

Fender MIM Telecaster 3 tone sunburst maple neck/fingerboard (bone nut, Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Antiquity Lil Jazz/JB Set)

Spitfire (my own guitar brand) Nashville Telecaster (this one features a rustic blue stain the guitar gets stained in blue then finished with beeswax/orange oil, cream pearloid pickguard, vintage tinted satin maple neck/fingerboard with abalone dot inlays.....body is fully chambered Swamp Ash *sides and under bridge are hollow, no F holes*, Lindy Fralin Pickups *2% overwound neck, Vintage Hot Strat middle, Blues Special Bridge RWRP custom wiring concentric master volume/master tone and a middle blend pot to take the middle pickup out in middle selector position for traditional tele neck/bridge tone)

Spitfire union Jack 335 style (inspired by Noel Gallaghers Maine Road axe this one features Lollar Low Wind Imperials with Pearloid/Chrome Ring pickups with 4 conductors and push pull pots neck has a bone nut, tonepros bridge)

Xaviere XV550 Goldtop LP style semi hollow (Fralin Pure PAF set, bone nut, etc)

PRS Santana SE in emerald green (bone nut, lollar humbucker sized P90 pickups)

I use 5 acoustics:

2 Epiphone Inspired by 1964 Texans in Vintage Cherryburst (bone nut, bone saddles, tusq bridge pins, 12-56 DR Rare Phosphor Bronze strings, Shadow Piezo pickups, standard tuning)

Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500R (bone nut, bone saddle, tusq bridge pins, 12-56 DR Rare Phosphor Bronze strings, LR Baggs I Beam pickup system, Open G tuning)

Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500R (bone nut, bone saddle, tusq bridge pins, 12-56 DR Rare Phosphor Bronze strings, LR Baggs I Beam pickup system, Open D tuning)

Washburn WD20S (bone nut, bone saddle, tusq bridge pins, 10-27 D'Addarrio Phosphor Bronze strings, EMG undersaddle piezo pickup system, High Strung Nashville tuning)
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear
It's DONE!! I've been tweaking this thing for a long time now, swapping effects in and out, changing the layout, trying different cables, and I even rebuilt the board itself once. I've posted some pics at various stages along the way but I thought I would post the final product now that I'm done. (no - really :bonk) The main amp for this is a Rivera K-TRE but I put it together so I could also use it with other amps or even make one patch and use the entire board in serial into the front of a fender style amp.

Everything is stock except the g-string which I had modified by ISP so when power is applied it is on instead of the default which is off. I also run the od9 at 12volts so it's a little cleaner. All the power is isolated and I power it with a gigrig generator which is mounted inside my amp and the dc is fed down an extension cable in the snake. If I unplug the wireless I can use a 1-spot as a backup power source. My not-patented-applied-for-setting-saver-thingydos keep all my settings intact as I put the board in and out of the case. That plus a padded dust cover help keep kids and pets off it when it's at home.

The single patch bay is where the wireless plugs in so if I want to bypass it for any reason I can just unplug that and plug in my instrument cable. The 4 point patch bay has jacks for the guitar amp input, bass amp input, and the send/return for the guitar amp effects loop. If I need to run it into the front of a loaner amp or something I just patch the guitar amp input into the effects send and then just plug the effects return into the amp input. Works great for jam sessions when I don't want to take my amp. It has sends for my guitar and bass amp so I can use the same board for everything. The patch point up on the board itself is an insert point right before the reverb which is where I plug in my looper or effects I want to play with. I use the k-tre for high gain and the plexi-drive for low gain with the od9 used to goose either if needed.

Old 26th September 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye View Post
Most are in the top left of the picture even though a ton of the guitar pedals work great with bass also:

Aguilar Tone Hammer Bass Preamp
Fishman Bass Preamp
MarkBass Super Synth
Sansamp Bass Driver
EBS BassIQ
EH Bass Mig Muff (bottom left)

All the pedals are velcro'd to the wall in my home studio so they are very very accessible quickly. I also have 5 combo amps (DC50, JCM800, Old Princeton, Rebel30, AC15). Getting good guitar tones is so much easier when you have the right stuff.

..and vice versa. markbass super synth works great with guitar too.
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtripper View Post
It's DONE!!
Sweet. Can you give us sight impaired not so great investigators the skinny on what all the pedals are and the chain??
So your power supply config has battery backup??
No hum or ground loop issues from the daisy chain or backup wiring? Must have worked on that for some time.

Still wondering what lottery some of you guys won. Geeesh I thought I had a lot wrapped up in my board and I am going for another refit. I am a little more conservative on the guitar side. I am basically a Strat guy and I use only my factory custom builds or my kit guitar which is a constant hoot for me to keep upgrading and learning how to do finishes and wiring.
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Sweet. Can you give us sight impaired not so great investigators the skinny on what all the pedals are and the chain??
So your power supply config has battery backup??
No hum or ground loop issues from the daisy chain or backup wiring? Must have worked on that for some time.

Still wondering what lottery some of you guys won. Geeesh I thought I had a lot wrapped up in my board and I am going for another refit. I am a little more conservative on the guitar side. I am basically a Strat guy and I use only my factory custom builds or my kit guitar which is a constant hoot for me to keep upgrading and learning how to do finishes and wiring.
No battery backup, the power source is a gigrig generator which is a switch mode supply like a 1 spot but supplies 5 amps instead of 1.7. All the power is isolated because the generator feeds the 2 distributors which then feed the 2 isolators. Separate lines also coming from the distributors feed individual isolators such as the virtual batteries, some of which you can't see, and also the voltage convertors which also function as isolators. The 12volt is for the od9 and the timelord feeds the wireless. The isolators will do 180ma per feed, the virtual batteries will do 100ma each and the timelord does 500ma. A 1 spot won't run the entire board - unless I unplug the wireless unit, so for a power supply backup I just unplug the wireless and use a a 1spot. I've never had to but it was important for me to design in a backup solution. The gigrig power system is modular and extremely flexible but also very quiet, I've never had noise problems with it. It flies under the radar for some reason but I've been extremely happy with it. It took me years to build this up and get it to this point, some of it was used and some new but the new was always on sale.

The signal order is:
Line 6 G50 wireless
G50 main out to single patchbay
G50 secondary out to quad patchbay (to snake, to bass amp)
Wampler Clean Buffer (from single patchbay)
MXR/CAE MC404 wah sitting on a G-Lab wah pad
Turbo Tuner
Empress Compressor
ISP G-String
Maxon OD9
Wampler Plexi-Drive
quad patchbay - to snake - k-tre input
quad patchbay - from snake - k-tre effects send
Neunaber Chroma Stereo Chorus (used mono)
Wampler Faux Analog Echo
Single Looper as an insert point (right now with just a Digitech Jaman stereo looper)
Neunaber Wet Stereo Reverb (used mono)
quad patchbay - to snake - k-tre effects return
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear
Very nice indeed, you must have learned all there is to know about power feeds.
Glad to see you're a Wampler Pedal fan, love that line. Been wanting one of those Wet Reverbs as well. Had that wah as well, nice pedal.
Old 28th September 2012
Gear Maniac

Wampler makes fantastic products I love my faux spring and my ego compressor I've been gas'ing for a paisley drive too

his dirt boxes are great but I have a lot of those tones covered already

if you are into the smaller "lesser known" companies I've also really liked VFE, DMB, Barber, Blackout Effectors, Catalinbread, JHS pedals, Dwarfcraft Devices, Earthquaker Devices, and Empress.
Old 28th September 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtripper View Post
No battery backup, the power source is a gigrig generator which is a switch mode supply like a 1 spot but supplies 5 amps instead of 1.7. All the power is isolated because the generator feeds the 2 distributors which then feed the 2 isolators. Separate lines also coming from the distributors feed individual isolators such as the virtual batteries, some of which you can't see, and also the voltage convertors which also function as isolators. The 12volt is for the od9 and the timelord feeds the wireless. The isolators will do 180ma per feed, the virtual batteries will do 100ma each and the timelord does 500ma. A 1 spot won't run the entire board - unless I unplug the wireless unit, so for a power supply backup I just unplug the wireless and use a a 1spot. I've never had to but it was important for me to design in a backup solution. The gigrig power system is modular and extremely flexible but also very quiet, I've never had noise problems with it. It flies under the radar for some reason but I've been extremely happy with it. It took me years to build this up and get it to this point, some of it was used and some new but the new was always on sale.

The signal order is:
Line 6 G50 wireless
G50 main out to single patchbay
G50 secondary out to quad patchbay (to snake, to bass amp)
Wampler Clean Buffer (from single patchbay)
MXR/CAE MC404 wah sitting on a G-Lab wah pad
Turbo Tuner
Empress Compressor
ISP G-String
Maxon OD9
Wampler Plexi-Drive
quad patchbay - to snake - k-tre input
quad patchbay - from snake - k-tre effects send
Neunaber Chroma Stereo Chorus (used mono)
Wampler Faux Analog Echo
Single Looper as an insert point (right now with just a Digitech Jaman stereo looper)
Neunaber Wet Stereo Reverb (used mono)
quad patchbay - to snake - k-tre effects return
I have to ask. I myself have previously owned a Maxon OD808 and was thinking about picking up another one of their products. Since ibanez pedals are all essentially Maxons under a different name, Do you notice a difference between the OD9 and a TS9
Old 28th September 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
I have to ask. I myself have previously owned a Maxon OD808 and was thinking about picking up another one of their products. Since ibanez pedals are all essentially Maxons under a different name, Do you notice a difference between the OD9 and a TS9
I did actually but it was mainly in the bypassed mode where it was most obvious. The difference when the pedal was on was very subtle and I could have gone either way. Turns out it's the same circuit but the od9 is true bypass but the ts9 is buffered bypass. I prefer to use true bypass pedals and choose my own buffer so the od9 won out.
Old 29th September 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by indie folk guy View Post
Wampler makes fantastic products I love my faux spring and my ego compressor I've been gas'ing for a paisley drive too

his dirt boxes are great but I have a lot of those tones covered already

if you are into the smaller "lesser known" companies I've also really liked VFE, DMB, Barber, Blackout Effectors, Catalinbread, JHS pedals, Dwarfcraft Devices, Earthquaker Devices, and Empress.
Ditto on that brother! I have the Wampler Compressor, Ecstasy(Euphoria) Overdrive, and Pinnacle Deluxe. Simply great transparent pedals which have wide ranges of use and adjustment. That Compressor pedal became my fav of all time after actually hating compressors for years.

Also Exotic floats my boat on a couple and Pigtronix has a couple I dig. I really want one of those JHS KLON mimics!
Old 1st October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Oh come on a Klon..that is just not fair !! Been wanting to try one of those JHS clones as I cannot possibly afford the real deal.

Recently saw Joe Perry's effects drawer: had a silver Klon and one of those Pigtronix Disnortion a 3 in one unit. That thing looks pretty interesting, and not a bad price. Octave into OD and Fuzz. OD and Fuzz wired parallel instead of series. Octave can get into some cool ring mod tones very Jeff Beck cool. Fuzz has several EQ switch settings. Anyone test driven one of these???
I have a couple Klon pedals. I have the gold one and the silver one (they're the same sound). I worked at a store in Boston that sold them in the 90s. I paid $239 for the gold and the silver was used.

It's a great pedal, although it is pricey used. If both of mine got stolen I would probably pay to get another.

I heard good things about the disnortion but I like the Quinn and DOD Fuzz pedals.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search