The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by camdie View Post
The best way I can describe it is to compare it to the sonic maximiser...
I'm sure it sounds good, but anytime I hear someone compare anything to a Sonic Maximizer (rack or pedal) I get scared.

I know FMR makes great compressors and great preamps; I'd imagine it sounds much better than a Sonic Maximizer. Behringer makes some gear better than a Sonic Maximizer.
Old 2nd November 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
I'm sure it sounds good, but anytime I hear someone compare anything to a Sonic Maximizer (rack or pedal) I get scared.

I know FMR makes great compressors and great preamps; I'd imagine it sounds much better than a Sonic Maximizer. Behringer makes some gear better than a Sonic Maximizer.
In comparison have you tried an apex exciter ?
I hvent I'm curious. My sonic maximizer is great before an amp. But in an effects loop it's like it's part of my amp !
Old 2nd November 2011
Here for the gear

[QUOTE=nedorama;7191299]I'm sure it sounds good, but anytime I hear someone compare anything to a Sonic Maximizer (rack or pedal) I get scared.

Take it the way you want. When I first used an S.M. I liked. After a while it hurt my ears. The A.R.C is completely different, full round-blooming sound. The comparison I used was what BBE used when they marketed the SM. This is the only way I could describe.
Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
In comparison have you tried an apex exciter ?
I hvent I'm curious. My sonic maximizer is great before an amp. But in an effects loop it's like it's part of my amp !
Back in the days of recording to cassette multitrack, they may have had a place to brighten an otherwise dull tape or PA speakers without good HF drivers.

No desire either in pedal or rack form, prefer good sounding amps and pedals, but to each his own.
Old 3rd November 2011
Gear Head

Here's mine:

I played through a Marshall/Lexicon rack setup for years...just recently downsized to a pedalboard + combo for portability.

Signal path is:

- Peterson StroboStomp Tuner
- G-LAB GSC-3 (loop/amp channel switcher/midi ctrl)
tuner out > ISP Decimator detection circuit
loop 1: G-LAB Wah (not shown)
loop 2: MXR EVH 90
loop 3: Keeley Compressor
loop 4: Xotic FX BB Pre-amp
loop 5: Digitech Whammy
loop 6: Boss Volume Pedal

- Blackstar HT Stage 60
- FX loop out > G-LAB ALA-1 Loop Adapter
- G-LAB Tidy Chorus (midi ctrl/bypass)
- Eventide TimeFactor (midi ctrl/bypass)
- G-LAB Midi2Loop
loop 1: awaiting new toy
loop 2: ISP Decimator noise reduction circuit
> FX loop in via G-LAB ALA-1 Loop Adapter

+ Boss FS-6 for TimeFactor Tap/Bypass + Expression pedal for delay vol/feedback (just off picture)

The G-LAB GSC-3 is one of the best guitar products in existence IMO. It's a looper, amp channel switcher and midi controller. Very quick to program, and very flexible - you can configure patches as presets that change everything, or individual loop/channel/midi controllers. There's just nothing else on the market that can do all of that in such a small footprint, and they are very well priced too! (no, I don't work for them )

I highly recommend them to anyone building a compact pedalboard and wanting the purest signal path / flexibility.
Old 3rd November 2011
Lives for gear
That's what I like about this thread, always running into something I had not heard of. GLAB switcher, cool, look forward to finding this one and checking the specs.
Old 7th November 2011
Here for the gear

So married men what Are you guys asking your wives to get you for Xmas?
Old 7th November 2011
Lives for gear
One of these (will be buying more, but will ask for 1):

Chameleon NEST? Corner Mount System - Ultra Sub Bass Traps
Old 8th November 2011
Here for the gear

I'm a newly wed still and my wife has this complex about wanting to pic my presents and me not suggest them to her. Or to surprise me completely.

So I'm making a list of things I have/don't want for my mic collection and pedalboard lol.
I hope he just buys me a new delay.
I drop alot of hint on Facebook by sharing links of things I want with my musician friends. In hopes that
she will catch on and buy me what I want without me "knowing"

The thing my wife hasn't quite caught onto about musicians yet is that I don't just want an overdrive pedal or a delay pedal. I want THAT overdrive pedal or THAT delay.

But I am grateful with whatever she gets me :-)

I just like to ease her guessing process by dropping hints
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear
Latest incarnation of pedals, on new Pedaltrain 1 board

-> Korg Pitch Black Tuner
-> Vox 847 Wah
-> Boss NS-2
-> MXR Custom Badass '78 (just got last week, really digging it!)
-> TC Nova Drive
-> Digitech Synth Wah
-> TC Nova Delay
-> Boss DSD2 Delay (old rare model with phrase sampler, sells for about £150 on ebay now!) - lost the old pedal lid so has a Bass chorus instead, it makes sense to me!
-> CAE Boost
-> Vox AC30CC1

I'm pretty happy with this setup, love the Nova Drive, and the Badass 78 seems like a good companion.

Been through so many pedals and multi-fx (Digitech RP10, Zoom, Korg AX1500G, Vox Tonelab SE, Boss GT-Pro), but think I'm actually happy!
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
So married men what Are you guys asking your wives to get you for Xmas?

I am arranging to get like 5 new pedals for my board and make payments. Some more amazing Wampler pedals, one of those Line6 FM4 filter pedals, a second VL power supply brick and a new tuner. That is providing I give the Queen something she wants like shoes/boots, and a name purse. Fair is fair. Now to just juggle the budget to make everyone happy. I will be spending Christmas reworking my board which is major fun for me. I love making my own boards and wiring them up.

New line up will be:
Radial PB1 buffer/clean boost
Line6 FM4 filter modulator
MXR/CAE dual fazel inductor/boost wah
Wampler Ego Compressor
Wampler Ecstasy Overdrive
Ibanez Red HT999TK real tube dist pedal
Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe Distortion
Fulltone DejaVibe

Amp loop:
Hardwire PH7 Phaser
TC Electronic Toneprint Corona Chorus
TC Electronic Toneprint Flashback Delay
Hardwire RV7 Reverb
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Old 13th November 2011
Here for the gear

Showing my pedalboard before painting metal and putting my white vinyl and Velcro on the wood.
Wouldn't mind mounting a decorative faceplate on the front and LEDs lol
Showing comparison to a standard boss pedal
Old 14th November 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Showing my pedalboard before painting metal and putting my white vinyl and Velcro on the wood.
Wouldn't mind mounting a decorative faceplate on the front and LEDs lol
Showing comparison to a standard boss pedal
Say where did you find sheets of felt that Velco will stick?
Old 14th November 2011
Lives for gear
Anyone have anything bad concerning the Line6 FM4 Filter?
Likes, dislikes?
I've been studying up for my next board upgrade and just not sure of this unit.
I think it does a lot of weird sequencing stuff I probably will not use. String stuff sounds interesting but the unit is a monophonic tracker.

I have a Q Tron Envelope Filter but was thinking of replacing it. Just seldom use it any more.

Been considering getting a good Octave pedal, always liked that effect and now they are better tracking, or the POG but it seems that unit tracks very well in Polyphonic but the sub Octave seems to be a little weak.

Been looking at the new EBS triple octave pedal (low) seem like a great pedal, it is a Bass pedal but EBS says it works well on guitar, and I have heard a couple demos. Just love that octave down in front of gain.
Old 14th November 2011
Here for the gear

Two ways you can do it. My grandma had a box of "Velcro" brand industrial Velcro in her garage and I asked to have it. It was 25ft of both sides it's WHITE though. First Time I've seen that.
You can just go to a local car audio place and ask to see what kind of sub box carpet they have. Bring your hook side Velcro and test out the bond on their carpet

The 2nd way is to go to Joanna or a large craft store like it. And do the same thing. Test the hook on the loop material
Old 14th November 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Two ways you can do it. My grandma had a box of "Velcro" brand industrial Velcro in her garage and I asked to have it. It was 25ft of both sides it's WHITE though. First Time I've seen that.
You can just go to a local car audio place and ask to see what kind of sub box carpet they have. Bring your hook side Velcro and test out the bond on their carpet

The 2nd way is to go to Joanna or a large craft store like it. And do the same thing. Test the hook on the loop material
I see, some place like hobby-lobby around here might have something.
Good ideas, thanks. I had been using Velcro under the pedals but that does not lend itself to moving them and takes some paint off if you try.
Lowe's tends to have white or black patches and strips but never ran across a decent covering sheet. I know the felt does not give a strong hook&loop bond but might be enough. Sure beats trying to move mine now especially since I have like 5 new pedals coming and requires some compacting.
Old 15th November 2011
Here for the gear

The sub box covering I used looks professional and held a heavy wah pedal vertically to the side of my amp for over a week when I was messing around lol
Old 15th November 2011
Here for the gear

True Bypass Bass Pedalboard

I guess I'll throw my new board into the mix:
I've got videos going through the wiring, pedals, sound demos, etc at www.coopsbassblog.com

Old 15th November 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
The sub box covering I used looks professional and held a heavy wah pedal vertically to the side of my amp for over a week when I was messing around lol
Cool, So any of these car audio shops should have it? Is there an on line source you know?

I had a ToneBone slant board that had it on top and another smaller board that had a whole sheet of Velco fuzz. Just had no idea where they where getting it. I tried to search for it a couple of times and just came up with the typical strips and patches.
Old 15th November 2011
Here for the gear

Idk, check partsexpress.com
I went to audio pros in my town and asked if they sold it. It was about 20$ for 3 yards but a friend of mine works there. He was not working at the time and they had no problem me trying my pedal on their selection of 3 different carpeting types
Old 17th November 2011
Here for the gear

Today i acquired a dl4 :-)))
Old 17th November 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Idk, check partsexpress.com
I went to audio pros in my town and asked if they sold it. It was about 20$ for 3 yards but a friend of mine works there. He was not working at the time and they had no problem me trying my pedal on their selection of 3 different carpeting types
The thing I noticed making my own boards is that the metal edging fits tight to the thickness of the board and seems no way one can put any sort of Velcro or carpet under it, only up next to it, which is not a total flaw but it would be nice to have it run under the edging strips. I suppose one could use a less thick board with the larger edge size and that might work.

I am going to add several new pedals and I look forward to redoing everything. I also have pondered running strips of Velcro across the board in order to attach and move pedals in the future. That takes several boxes as one has to balance the underside of the pedals for even mount. I was curious as well, when you attached your wah to the carpet test, did you remove the rubber feet? I find pedals with feet sit up higher than the thickness of a Velcro set. Still all and all it's a blast making and wiring pedal boards. I can make up a new board for a mere fraction of trying to buy anything which is never really big enough.
Old 17th November 2011
Here for the gear

so you guys gotta check these out if you guys are playing live or recording.
no vibration problems that ive noticed and made right here in the usa by a close friend of mine. it seem alot of you are into recording and live stuff. it keeps you from needing a mic stand for your amp.

ORDER | The WishBone Workshop

i have used the kickbone and wishbone, its phenomenal. check them out, they actually STAY put
Old 17th November 2011
Lives for gear
Just clicked on the site - I'm sure they're good, but from the pics on the site it's impossible to tell what it is or how it works. I'd suggest to your friend to shoot more explanatory pictures. Good luck to your friend for making a better mousetrap.

For those looking for clean stage or recording and losing the mic stands, I've been very happy just draping a e906 over the grill - much better sound than the 57. When I do use a regular mic, the Z-Bar is simple, $20, and works great under the amp or through the strap.
Z Right Stuff Z-Bar Z-Shaped Aluminum Microphone Mounting Bar used to Mic Speaker Cabinets at Performance Audio
Old 17th November 2011
Here for the gear

I've had one of those. If you listen closely you get ALOT of rattle if it's not tight enough in there. He had a few models for different applications.
I love the kickbone which goes right under the kick drum. And these things are durable as heck.
Plus you can't bet helping a good American business. If you live in the USA that is.
You also get a couple v picks with the purchase. They are like 10$ a piece normally
Old 17th November 2011
Here for the gear

This is how the combo model works for most amps
Sound on sound reviewed it as well
Old 19th November 2011
Lives for gear
I envy you guys that are off into the recording realm. I just have so much trouble getting money into my pedal board budget my wife would probably kill me if I started building up recording gear. I really would like to get a new self contained multi-tracker like the new Tascams but I am lost on what you have to have these days to record well.
Old 21st November 2011
Here for the gear

Now days you can get into digital recording for 100$ if you have a decent computer
Old 22nd November 2011
Here for the gear

Current home set up, nice range of tones from proggy to vintagey, and great low gain clean tones.

Old 22nd November 2011
Here for the gear

I am LOVING my line 6 dl4.
I made my own footswitch for the "double preset mod" and in the future if I may swap out the footswitches myself for the soft touch more durable ones. These feel nice but can ruin the circuit board if abused.
The sounds are amazing though..
A friend of mine is buying my boss dd-6 for 100$ and I'm using the money to buy a visual sound comp 66. Totally stoked about that.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search