The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
What's heh?
He wasn't talking about your outboard.. He bolded the part where you said that you 'shared' the Waves license from your friend.
Old 22nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Edit for irrelevant side conversation
Old 22nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonewar View Post
He wasn't talking about your outboard.. He bolded the part where you said that you 'shared' the Waves license from your friend.
Also I use gearslutz on my iPhone and it doesn't how the bold I guess just the quote
Old 22nd September 2011
Quote:
Hahaha
I didn't steal them. Though I DID fileshare some before I got these. But I gave him a license for my superior drummer 2.0, expansions, and reason 4.0 an refills. So he was nice enough to drop 9k+ and share with me ! Lol
What? Either I completely don't understand what you are saying, or you most certainly stole them, and he did the same.
Old 23rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Edited for irrelevant content lol
Old 23rd September 2011
Here for the gear

On another note I should get my metal work back for my DIY pedalboard this next week :-))
Old 23rd September 2011
It's not LEGAL to share them. The point of allowing multiple machines to be licensed is generally for your own use on multiple machines. Allowing someone else to use it at the same time as you is NOT the same thing, and likely strictly disallowed in the license agreement. And Waves is licensed with an iLok, so there's no way he could have shared a license with you unless he loaned you his iLok, AFAIK.
Old 23rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Ok thanks for telling me? I guess I'll have to buy some stillwell and sonnox plugins instead?
Old 23rd September 2011
Here for the gear

What do you Guys think of the eventide timefactor? Or strymon timeline? Which one would you choose?
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear
Overall, you'll find that there's not much sympathy for people running cracked plugins or ripping off plug in companies on this site or the more professional sites. Lot of guitar players have either home studios or work in pro recording studios.

Most of us (me included) have paid thousands of dollars over the years for the real deal to keep these folks in business; having people "share" plugins isn't good. You're violating the terms of use of your plugins, which allow you to use on your computers, not yours and your friends. I record and mix a lot of collaborations with friends - I share the mixes, not my iLok with them.

AFAIK - As Far as I know.

Since these forums are frequented by people who work for the companies you're shortchanging, I'd suggest stop sharing info about your non-legal practices. When you post statements like "I gave him a license for my superior drummer 2.0, expansions, and reason 4.0 an refills" you're stealing. Companies will go after you since you've posted that you're doing something illegal against their terms of use in a public forum...

good luck with the pedalboard, but Gearslutz is all about making music, and when people abuse the system(s), you're going to get called on it.
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear

I will get my camera later.

boss tu2 - vox wah - maxon comp - ts9(modded to vintage 808) - fulltone fulldrive 2 mosfet - vox time machine - vintage dexule memory man - nano grail.

Sometimes a tc chorus, sometimes i spilt between a marshall 1987xl plexi and 72 deluxe reverb with celestion blue, tricked out by alessandro
Old 23rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
Overall, you'll find that there's not much sympathy for people running cracked plugins or ripping off plug in companies on this site or the more professional sites. Lot of guitar players have either home studios or work in pro recording studios.

Most of us (me included) have paid thousands of dollars over the years for the real deal to keep these folks in business; having people "share" plugins isn't good. You're violating the terms of use of your plugins, which allow you to use on your computers, not yours and your friends. I record and mix a lot of collaborations with friends - I share the mixes, not my iLok with them.

AFAIK - As Far as I know.

Since these forums are frequented by people who work for the companies you're shortchanging, I'd suggest stop sharing info about your non-legal practices. When you post statements like "I gave him a license for my superior drummer 2.0, expansions, and reason 4.0 an refills" you're stealing. Companies will go after you since you've posted that you're doing something illegal against their terms of use in a public forum...

good luck with the pedalboard, but Gearslutz is all about making music, and when people abuse the system(s), you're going to get called on it.
Would you feel better if I said I wouldn't use them anymore?

For the companies who might be looking to catch someone outright stealing. There are posts all over Craigslist in California for people selling the stuff on burned disc illegally.

I've seen many ads listing 50k worth of stuff they have for 40$ a program. Maybe they should looks for those guys instead of the typical guys who decided not read the 20 page license agreements and thought what they were doing was perfectly legal. And as a law abiding citizen I will delete it off my external hard drive as of tonight.
I only used like 2 of them anyways. I prefer outboard gear. But not for pitch correction. I'll just have to purchase waves-tune myself
Old 23rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilgrimsdream View Post
I will get my camera later.

boss tu2 - vox wah - maxon comp - ts9(modded to vintage 808) - fulltone fulldrive 2 mosfet - vox time machine - vintage dexule memory man - nano grail.

Sometimes a tc chorus, sometimes i spilt between a marshall 1987xl plexi and 72 deluxe reverb with celestion blue, tricked out by alessandro
How do you like your Maxon compressor? I am in the markey for a compressor for Xmas from my wife. I don't want a keeley. The wampler ego compressor looks promising.
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
How do you like your Maxon compressor? I am in the markey for a compressor for Xmas from my wife. I don't want a keeley. The wampler ego compressor looks promising.
Speaking as a Wampler pedal fan, get the Ego Compressor thank me later.
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Edited for irrelevant content lol

I'm sorry this was an irrelevant post about relative relevancy of related issues in response of having nothing to say to add to the relative relativity of irrelevance as a proposed theory. Please in the future try to keep responses down to 7 letters and 3 symbols.
Old 23rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Lol. Anybody try using those cheap Chinese "biyang" pedals?
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Would you feel better if I said I wouldn't use them anymore?

For the companies who might be looking to catch someone outright stealing. There are posts all over Craigslist in California for people selling the stuff on burned disc illegally.

I've seen many ads listing 50k worth of stuff they have for 40$ a program. Maybe they should looks for those guys instead of the typical guys who decided not read the 20 page license agreements and thought what they were doing was perfectly legal. And as a law abiding citizen I will delete it off my external hard drive as of tonight.
I only used like 2 of them anyways. I prefer outboard gear. But not for pitch correction. I'll just have to purchase waves-tune myself
I'd feel better if you didn't use the fact that other people are doing this illegally to justify that what you're doing may not be legal.

The companies you have software from (Waves, Reason, etc.) do spend time and money going after people where they can. I don't condone what the CL or ebay people do, and quite a few ebay auctions do get taken down by Waves, Digi and other people. This all takes resources and time, which then drives up the cost of the plugins, the Waves Update Plan, etc.

When you boast about sharing them with your friends on a public forum that's frequented by people who work for these companies, it makes it a lot easier for them to take action vs. anonymous Craigslist postings.
Old 23rd September 2011
Here for the gear

How was I boasting? I simply told them about it. You informed me it was illegal. DONE.

I feel alot better if you accept the fact that I deleted them last night and nobody could take action against me since I no longer have them.

Maybe I was lying to make myself look "cool" and accepted by you guys. Maybe I'm a sad pathetic little man who has no friends and just wanted to be accepted. hahaha
Perhaps i lied about ever having them. Maybe I'm a compulsive liar?
Maybe it's not even my pedalboard I was posting on here an it was a photo from google images.
Maybe I'm a split personality having an argument with myself in a pedalboard forum.

you can keep the cost of plugins down by never annoying someone to this degree ever again so that they don't have to spend money coming after me for the 5$ I have left for lunch at work tomorrow.

What company are you from anyways? legal dept. ? searching for people to sue cause they file shared you companies product?

If not, please refrain from the subject of legality and irrelevant conversations that I wish you would have ended a long time ago and start talking about pedalboards amps and guitar gear.
Old 23rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Speaking as a Wampler pedal fan, get the Ego Compressor thank me later.
Maybe I'll get lucky and win one in a free pedal giveaway Thingy this month. Lol
I wish I was talented enough to build a complicated compressor. I could mod a dyna comp with wamplers mod book maybe? Cheap a viable solution?
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I love it! I had a boss and it was yucky sounding. I generally dont like boss anyway. I had the red mxr pedal, it was ok, but added a little extra noise, and wasnt quite as natural sounding. The maxon is the best hands down compressor pedal i've ever heard, although I'm sorta curious about the EH, with a little modding and some nos tubes. I never had a chance to try the keeley though. The wampler ego looks interesting, but i really love the simplicity of having a compressor i like with only two knobs, less time dialing in, very straight forward.
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
How was I boasting? I simply told them about it. You informed me it was illegal. DONE.

I feel alot better if you accept the fact that I deleted them last night and nobody could take action against me since I no longer have them.

Maybe I was lying to make myself look "cool" and accepted by you guys. Maybe I'm a sad pathetic little man who has no friends and just wanted to be accepted. hahaha
Perhaps i lied about ever having them. Maybe I'm a compulsive liar?
Maybe it's not even my pedalboard I was posting on here an it was a photo from google images.
Maybe I'm a split personality having an argument with myself in a pedalboard forum.

you can keep the cost of plugins down by never annoying someone to this degree ever again so that they don't have to spend money coming after me for the 5$ I have left for lunch at work tomorrow.

What company are you from anyways? legal dept. ? searching for people to sue cause they file shared you companies product?

If not, please refrain from the subject of legality and irrelevant conversations that I wish you would have ended a long time ago and start talking about pedalboards amps and guitar gear.
Happy to talk about just pedalboards in this forum; it was YOU who brought up what you were doing with plugins, no one else on the board. You posted/boasted about it, and Dean, myself and others called you on it to show you the errors of your ways -- that's the way these forums work. If you don't like the attention, then don't post about things besides pedalboards in this thread.

I don't work for any of these companies, but have several friends that do, so it does piss me off. I'm not looking for people to sue, but pointing out that your posts make you more of a target for said companies.

Happy to move on and hear what the latest/best delay out there is.
Old 24th September 2011
Here for the gear

Happy to move on, didn't know i was breaking the law and I righted the wrong but disposing of them.

I'm done with the plugin talk.

As far as delay goes I love the new memory man with effects loop and tap tempo, very lush and versatile with the effects loop capability
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Maybe I'll get lucky and win one in a free pedal giveaway Thingy this month. Lol
I wish I was talented enough to build a complicated compressor. I could mod a dyna comp with wamplers mod book maybe? Cheap a viable solution?
If you're looking for less expensive you suffer in quality. Wampler is simply top shelf and while $200 may seem a lot for a pedal. I find Brian's work worth the bucks. His compressor is highly rated by everyone who has tried it. You might look at some of the mod pedals Keeley or JHS does on the more common stockers. Sometimes you can get a cheap common stocker and they can mod it. If you like DIY there's a lot of those around, I have seen a few compressors, can't remember the website at the moment, pretty low priced as I recall.
JHS does a mean mod on the Visual Sound compressor but I think it only comes in the dual pedal so with the mod you are at the Wampler price anyway. They do others but I have not looked at the list lately.
I find the Wampler cool because he has that blend control which makes the unit more open and less squeeze on your tone. I had planned on that one next or the new SLOstorion but I think I am going to go for a second amp so I can expand into some stereo effect coolness. Right now I am digging on the new Albion 50 watter nice price and I can pay 4 payments.
Old 24th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
If you're looking for less expensive you suffer in quality. Wampler is simply top shelf and while $200 may seem a lot for a pedal. I find Brian's work worth the bucks. His compressor is highly rated by everyone who has tried it. You might look at some of the mod pedals Keeley or JHS does on the more common stockers. Sometimes you can get a cheap common stocker and they can mod it. If you like DIY there's a lot of those around, I have seen a few compressors, can't remember the website at the moment, pretty low priced as I recall.
JHS does a mean mod on the Visual Sound compressor but I think it only comes in the dual pedal so with the mod you are at the Wampler price anyway. They do others but I have not looked at the list lately.
I find the Wampler cool because he has that blend control which makes the unit more open and less squeeze on your tone. I had planned on that one next or the new SLOstorion but I think I am going to go for a second amp so I can expand into some stereo effect coolness. Right now I am digging on the new Albion 50 watter nice price and I can pay 4 payments.
I was thinking about getting a visual sound compressor. I LOVE the sound of the route 66, and since the main OD in that is the same OD I use from my Jekyll and Hyde, I figured it would be great together. Also I was considering building my own buffer but visual sound has such great buffers I could put the comp first and use a tuner mute my tuner
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
I was thinking about getting a visual sound compressor. I LOVE the sound of the route 66, and since the main OD in that is the same OD I use from my Jekyll and Hyde, I figured it would be great together. Also I was considering building my own buffer but visual sound has such great buffers I could put the comp first and use a tuner mute my tuner
I had the Route 66, great pedal. Both the Comp by itself and the mod'ed TS OD are really nice. I also think Visual Sound has one of the best pedal buffer circuits. I had the Jekly&Hyde liked both pedals but not so much the combination nor do I like an OD after a higher gain dist. I had their Liquid Chorus and it was really nice as well.

JHS.com does a mod on the Route 66 that really improves both the compressor and OD. JHS is so cool they even offer mods on Keeley pedals which are already custom mod designs. I think the Route 66 mod it is like $50 w your pedal or you can get one from them w the mod. JHS offers mods on pedals I have not seen elsewhere like the Satchurator mod.

I wish VS sold that compressor separate as I already have a great OD w 3 modes. I really like the Wampler comp and in front of the OD it really shines much less you toss a chorus or delay w that and man what a delicious tone. Nothing wrong w Visual Sound. I tend to like Wampler, Lovepedal and Barber these days and branch out from there for pedals they do not design. Wampler is my #1 first go to. So many great pedals out there it gets rather infinite at times trying to make decisions.
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGeek View Post
i just added a modded crybaby to my board. I got rid of the buffer circuit and added a true bypass. LOVE IT!!! I also added an LED so I know if its off.

I think I'm going to true bypass all of my effects. I never knew it could make that much of a difference.
It can, depends on the nature of the buffer circuit. Some are not so great. The Crybaby buffers have always been an issue. Hendrix said that he used the Vox wah in front of his Fuzz Face because the Crybaby hated it. It was an impedance mismatch which no one knew anything about at the time.
I run the MXR CAE Wah which is a dual inductor Crybaby w true bypass, LEDs and a variable boost.

The best agreed chain is a good buffer first in chain followed by all true bypass. Too many buffers can muddle your signal and all true bypass does not save you from eventual loading on your signal.

I noticed the most amazing difference in my tone and signal fidelity when I started using a high end buffer first in chain. I use the Radial PB-1 (which also gives you an additional switchable clean boost) after mulling over getting the better Lehle Sunday Driver. Immediately the guitar took on an direct amp-in clarity with all the pedalboard load gone. These buffers drop your impedance to low and everything after them is invisible to your signal. I will never run a board again without a good buffer up front.
Old 25th September 2011
Here for the gear

So, here is the re-build. Still not sure about the Lex- although i think it's a matter of tinkering with it..

ST2 is lovely. It's a Klon eater alright!

Old 25th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakey1 View Post
So, here is the re-build. Still not sure about the Lex- although i think it's a matter of tinkering with it..

ST2 is lovely. It's a Klon eater alright!

If like to hear about why the DIY pedals are? Or what they are based on?
Old 25th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
If like to hear about why the DIY pedals are? Or what they are based on?

Ummmm- the 'DIY' pedals are actually Pete Cornish pedals.

Pete Cornish

They're quite good.
Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear
They're about as far from DIY as you can get... if it's good enough for Pete or David Gilmour...

Nice board!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search