The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!
Old 10th October 2007
Lives for gear

I went from a sh*tload of pedals on my board to just a DD-6, TS9 and either a Crybaby or Power wah, depending on how I feel. Otherwise I'm all amplifier. I found that once I got nicer amps I was happier with fewer pedals!
Old 17th October 2007
Here for the gear

i don't actually have a 'board'.. i'm saving up for a bit of wood to nail these too though.. I'm another 'amp' man, just use the analogue power drive pedal for slight lead boost. bit dull I'm afraid!
Old 24th October 2007
Gear Head

Old 24th October 2007
Gear Maniac

Here is my latest setup -- I am really liking the EMMA DisCumBobulator.

- GTR
Old 26th October 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
How the hell is this thing wired?

One thing I don't understand about huge pedal boards is doens't your signal deteriorate goinng through all that?

I mean I use all best quality everything and if I put 3 or 4 pedals with true bypass bypassed, even using stuff like the VHT valvulator, the signal turns to crap.

Cheers,

V
Old 26th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatraxos View Post
How the hell is this thing wired?

One thing I don't understand about huge pedal boards is doens't your signal deteriorate goinng through all that?

I mean I use all best quality everything and if I put 3 or 4 pedals with true bypass bypassed, even using stuff like the VHT valvulator, the signal turns to crap.

Cheers,

V
Most of my pedals are wired through my true bypass loooper pedal, so they are out of the signal path when not being used. The VHT Valvulator helps as well.
Old 26th October 2007
Lives for gear

Another "dull guy". My homemade treble booster into my Laney VC30.

I am not opposed to a delay or chorus as needed, but generally this is all I like to hear.
Old 26th October 2007
Lives for gear

How I spent my summer vacation ...

In the late 80's I had w-a-y too much time on my hands so I did what any basement lurking, guitar playing, electronics experimenter would do - I banged some sheet metal into the rough dimensions of a rack box, gutted my floor pedals, mounted the electronics in the box, laid out the front panel, and cobbled together a floor controller using a 30' RS-232 multi-pair cable and more sheet metal. Presto! - a rack ready FX box unlike most I've seen. It's been holding together for over 20 years and still passes good signal. Even with the technological advances that have taken place I find myself preferring this setup because I can just 'grab the knobs and dial it in' live. It's nice to have the controls within arms reach instead of on the floor. Plug n play!

The FX are Boss or MXR as you can see from the panel layout. The 'secret weapon' is temporarily missing but you get the idea - it's for comic relief, or to act as a placebo when you really don't want to add anything but someone else does (like Mixerman's 'soar knob' heh).
Old 26th October 2007
Gear Nut

my chain of pedals

i have the dd3 set up so that the feedback is all the way up. and in one my bands newest songs i have the giga delay do triplet delay and then i hit the dd3 on and that feedback does double time.

i want another giga delay instead of the dd3 so i can save more presets with regular delay and then the ones with the feedback all the way up. but i want that one set up so that when i turn the delay pedal off it stops immediately.
Old 26th October 2007
Lives for gear

Who's the boss?
Old 26th October 2007
Gear Nut

I don't have anything too extensive. I go from a fender Tele to:

Ernie ball Volume
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MXR Phase 90
Boss Ph-2 Super Phaser
Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Line 6 DL4 Delay

Add a marshall footswitch for my JCM900 50 watt and you have yourself a solid pedalpoard. Run it into an Avatar 2x12. No effects loops.
Old 26th October 2007
Gear Maniac

Guitars:
Strat with Custom Shop '54 pickups
Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan PAF-style pickups

Amps:
Vox AC30 (the CC2 model, Weber blue speakers should be coming in a week...)
Fender Deluxe Reverb (reissue, Weber speaker)

Pedals:
Dunlop 95Q Crybaby wah (it's switchless, I love that...no screaming high end when you turn it on)
Line6 Distortion Modeler (I also have a Keeley TS808, used to own a Rat and Black Sovtek Big Muff...the Line6 was absolutely spot on for all three of them. I mean NO discernable difference. More flexible + less space = winner for me, even if it doesn't win slut points)
Keeley Compressor
Digitech Bad Monkey (just got this the other day...pretty cool for $30)
Line6 Verbzilla (that U2 arpeggiated reverb sound is addictive...)
Boss DD-20 Gigadelay (replaced my old Deluxe Memory Man. Less warmth, but more clarity, more flexibility, and far less noise)
Peterson Strobostomp tuner (love it...tempered tuning for guitar)
Boss volume pedal
Danelectro Fish'n'chips EQ

Throw in an ebow and I'm good to go...

Not much fan of modulation effects, although I wish I had a Leslie and love using either amp's tremolo.
Old 26th October 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam sanford View Post
my chain of pedals

i have the dd3 set up so that the feedback is all the way up. and in one my bands newest songs i have the giga delay do triplet delay and then i hit the dd3 on and that feedback does double time.

i want another giga delay instead of the dd3 so i can save more presets with regular delay and then the ones with the feedback all the way up. but i want that one set up so that when i turn the delay pedal off it stops immediately.
also. my guitars and my amp.

schecter ultra 3 and a gibson les paul double cut. then i have a jcm 900 head through a marshall 2X12.
Old 18th December 2007
Lives for gear

Here's mine
Old 18th December 2007
Lives for gear

Here's mine. I know a lot of people are silently judging me. But I'm ok with that.
Old 18th December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post
here is my pedal board from last year.

I recently added a Keely Java Boost, Fulltone OCD, EH HOG, Emma DisCOMbobulator, a Fuzz Factory, and an expression pedal for my Quicksilver delay.
nice.. the power strip stomp switch is right up front for that huge pop sound..
Old 18th December 2007
Gear Maniac

Here's mine. I diggit.
Old 18th December 2007
Lives for gear

Mine consists of My 92 Dual Rec and latest addition Marshall Slash Jubilee.

76 Les Paul

Maybe a wah for some solo stuff

or a digitech whammy for chorus stuff..

Thats it. Done.. No smoke and mirrors.. Just rip your face clean off
Old 19th December 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratgirl View Post

Pretty blue lights, I feel the Keeley love. I just got my Mod Plus TS-9 in the mail on Monday. It's the first pedal I've owned in years (been a guitar into the amp guy for as long as I can remember), though I do still have a Crybaby buried away somewhere.

Playing a Fender Prodigy with EMG 81 (bridge) and SA (neck) pickups through a 2 channel Mesa Dual Rect. Looking into getting a Holy Grail or something for the reverb I haven't had since I sold me old solid state Laney to fund the Mesa in the late 90s.
Old 19th December 2007
Gear Head

pedalboard (built it in early 90s) as it appeared 7/07:

Fuzz Factory->FM-4->Ernie Ball Volume->Ross Phaser Distortion->Boss Trem->Boss Flanger->Boss DD-3 DDL->DL-4

there have been some changes/additions since this.
Old 19th December 2007
Lives for gear

Nils Lofgren's
Old 20th December 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstituteOfNoise View Post
Rarely use outside pedals these days. My live rig is a PODxt powered by stereo Atomic 50w 1x12's. All effects are from the PODxt. Setup time is 5 min, no noise by adding extra cabling, and besides most audience folks wouldn't know the difference.
As a guitar-player, I guess I'm not the "most audience folks" you're referring to. I've seen two different guys use PODs in the last year or so. Both were in 60s-80s cover bands that covered A LOT of territory, from ZZ Top to the Beach Boys to Def Leppard. You get the idea. Anyway, you can't get that kind of variety of tones with a tube amp and a couple of pedals. I was impressed with both guys' tonal variety, but there was something not quite right about the tone in almost every song. It's got a "plastic" or "artificial" sound that probably fools most people, but it really bugged me, particularly on songs that have medium to high-gain like "Purple Haze" or "Touch."

Just my .02
Old 9th January 2008
Lives for gear
Current Pedalboard

Pedalboard as of 12/18/07. Works for me. Will sometimes add an MXR Distortion II for the heck of it; for Univox-like Super Fuzz tones, a Guyatone TZ2 occasionally.

Amp is a '77 pull boost Princeton Reverb that I had completely overhauled with new caps, etc to make it a sweet sounding amp. Also swapped in a Deluxe output transformer and a Jensen reissue speaker to have a Deluxe Reverb in sheep's clothing. Blackface faceplate is on there not to masquerade as a blackface amp (I'm happy to tell people how cheap I got the amp and what it really is) but the old one was scratched and grim beyond use, so picked it up on eBay. As long as you don't engage the pull boost, it sounds great.

It's loud enough for the small gigs we play, and if not, I bought a matching 1x12 closed cabinet off eBay that sounds great. Occasionally a mic in front through the PA does the job.
Old 13th January 2008
small board

big board
Old 13th January 2008
Lives for gear

I just have to throw my humble setup in the mix here..

From left to right ::

BOSS CS-3 Compressor
Boss DD-6 Delay
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss BD-2 blues driver w/ keeley mod
BOSS AW-3 Auto Wah w/ roland expression pedal
MXR Phase-90
Boss EQ
Boss TU-2 Tuner.

The TU-2 is the start of the chain though. I mainly use the EQ to help a crappy solid state practice amp which is muddy as all hell sound a bit better. I turn it off when plugged into the nice fender tube amp...
Old 13th January 2008
Lives for gear

Do I see a PS-5 super shifter in the mix there? I have a total hard on for that pedal. I would be owning one today, but I sprung for a "Tranzport" daw controller instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregovertone View Post
small board

big board
Old 13th January 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregovertone View Post
small board

big board
I like the pedal markings on the white tape -good idea. I now just take a few pictures with the camera of my settings and tape those to the inside of my pedalboard case.

Is the big board about 3 1/2 feet wide?
Old 13th January 2008
Gear Maniac

O.K., I'll play. I'm a pedal slut anyway so this post is right up my alley!

In truth, I only regularly use the DD-6, the Peterson tuner, the Valvulator and either the Big-D or the Power Screamer (and not always either -depends on which amp I'm using mostly). I suppose the Medicine Bawl Wah gets used somewhat regularly as well. All the others are used for effect only when called for.

Mike.
Old 13th January 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by enroper View Post
I just have to throw my humble setup in the mix here..

From left to right ::

BOSS CS-3 Compressor
Boss DD-6 Delay
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss BD-2 blues driver w/ keeley mod
BOSS AW-3 Auto Wah w/ roland expression pedal
MXR Phase-90
Boss EQ
Boss TU-2 Tuner.

The TU-2 is the start of the chain though. I mainly use the EQ to help a crappy solid state practice amp which is muddy as all hell sound a bit better. I turn it off when plugged into the nice fender tube amp...
How does the compressor work at the end of your chain - have you tried it before the delays? I had heard either before or after overdrive/distortion, but before modulation, but if it works, great. Same with the phase 90 - I have mine after, but looks like you've got it before your Blues Driver - have you swapped it around?
Old 13th January 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
How does the compressor work at the end of your chain - have you tried it before the delays? I had heard either before or after overdrive/distortion, but before modulation, but if it works, great. Same with the phase 90 - I have mine after, but looks like you've got it before your Blues Driver - have you swapped it around?
I use it at the end of the chain to make things real ugly I haven't used it much actually only got it about 2 weeks ago.

I'll try swapping the phase & blues. Just like to experiment.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search