The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eseential Guitar Pedals Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

The line 6 stompbox modeler collection
Old 17th August 2007
Gear Head

Thanks for all your help, guys. I went out and spent a bunch of money today and got a lot of cool pedals, and made a list for the future with some harder-to-come-by vintage stuff. Thanks for making the process so painless.

Cheers,
j.
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

Care to share

What did you end up getting?
Old 17th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Peterson Strobo-Stomp 2. Everything else is taste. I would never buy another Boss tuner after this thing.
Old 17th August 2007
Gear Head

Sort of off-topic question here... but now that I got all these great pedals I'm excited about, it pains me to detach all the rubber feet and mangle them to attach velcro for the pedal board... Is there any technique to leave the pedals as they are and attach them? I figured I can't be the first person to wonder about this...
Old 18th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmusic View Post
Sort of off-topic question here... but now that I got all these great pedals I'm excited about, it pains me to detach all the rubber feet and mangle them to attach velcro for the pedal board... Is there any technique to leave the pedals as they are and attach them? I figured I can't be the first person to wonder about this...

I say just peel those feet off. Honestly, it's no worse in devaluing the pedal than adding the velcro. But if you can't bring yourself to do it, pedal platforms with cutouts for the feet can be purchased here (click on the order page):

NYC Pedal Boards

Or do you mean that you don't want to even attach velcro? It's the tried and true method.

-Jp
Old 18th August 2007
Gear Addict

Line 6 DL4. (the olny line 6 product i'm a fan of)

this pedal never comes off my board. it is a very very versatile delay unit. I also use the the loop funtion a lot with acoustic guitar.
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

Hmm, no budget mentioned. "Essential" pedals... ok

The pedals I don't ever want to be without are:

-Emerald Green Distortion Machine by BJF (808-ish)
-Tim by Paul Cochrane (overdrive)
-Demeter Compulator (compressor)
-EchoCzar by ToneCzar (delay)
-HaloPhaze by ToneCzar (phaser & uni-vibe)

I have others I'll probably keep on my pedalboard forever, but the above are absolutely essential.
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephent28 View Post
Care to share

What did you end up getting?
Sorry, didn't see that post before. So this is what I've got and will be getting (based in no small part, the recommendations given here):

tuner: boss tu-2

dist/od: eh big muff nyc
fulltone ocd
boss ds-1
(still very curious about visual sound jekyl and hyde but i can't part with big muff or ocd and don't want to spend too much money for now)

delay(chorus):
i got the line 6 echo park (the cheapest while i'm figuring out analog vs digital) and mxr m-134 stereo chorus (which i really like), but i'm going to return them and pick up a eh deluxe memory man. i like the tap tempo function of the diamond memory lane but for the price, the memory man seems to include more functions. i hope the chorus is as good as the m-134.

tremolo:
this was a tough call between the fulltone supa-trem and the demeter tremulator, but based on sound files i could listen to online (haven't actually tried either), i've decided to order the demeter.

reverb: eh holy grail

phaser: moog mf-103 stage phaser

volume: ernie ball jr volume pedal (will pick it up this week)

eq: boss ge-7 (i want this for when i connect my martin acoustic as well)

compressor:
i'm going to hold off on this one. i'm leaning toward the keeley but the price is pretty steep.

Well, there you have it. I'm actually debating right now if I need a tu-2 if I can just use the volume pedal to cut out sound when I'm tuning on stage. I used to always have a tu-2 before when I was gigging a lot and I like them, but wondering if I need the pedal function for the price.

Some of my decisions were based on the fact that this will be used a lot when I'm tracking in the studio as well.

Just for fun, I'll also mention that I picked up a Gibson Labs Echoplex Pro Plus mainly for writing purposes. I already have a Digitech Jam Man and I like how you can store everything on the memory card and transfer to the computer via usb. The Echoplex, even though it's got a way more functions, relies on MIDI sample dump to store stuff, which can take forever. Really debating if it's worth the outrageous price tag...

Anyway, thanks for all your help, GSers!
Old 30th November 2007
Gear Head

Guitar
Visual sound 10th an Volume pedal

Barber tone press
Radial LoopBone
Loop #1 Barber SS drive and Creation Labs MK 4.24 and YJM 308,Damage control "demonizer"
Loop #2 digitech CF7 and digitech "the weapon"

amp effects Loop
Mad professor Blue delay
Diamond Delay
Pigtronix echolution

the I.S.P. decimator pedal

Brunetti amp

vader cabs/mesa 2x12 rec

simple but it works for me...i like toys at my feet!!!
I could not live without the barber tone press..........
Old 30th November 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Kuhnley View Post
None. Tune by ear like a real man.
I'm not an effects man, and I always tune by ear for practice or recording, but I have to say that for on-stage work, a tuner is the one pedal I'd call essential.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search