The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitar set up
Old 15th August 2007
Gear Head

Guitar set up

i am a drummer and one of the guitar players in my band is looking for a new setup to play:

We play alot of different styles pretty much ambient rock music and the other guitar player has a Peavey xxx do you have any suggestions
Old 15th August 2007
Gear Addict

Are you asking for amp suggestion?

Would be great if you could let us know what budget are you limited with.
And what was his old rig?
Old 15th August 2007
Gear Head

yeah and amp suggestion would be nice and the other git player plays a Peavey xxx head and i was wondering what would compiment that....and he wants to spend about 2000
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

ambient rock? i don't know... an old vox? fender combo? can you get a badcat for that cash?
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Addict

Myspace link or an mp3 we can listen to?
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Head

yeah here and yes the other kid that posted this is the guitar player in my band,(no one was posting so i get a better response to my posts for some reason), now every song we play is different and these recordings are sub par we are working on a well done album right now
but here listen to both of the songs on the profile

MySpace.com - Lorieta Sound - PLEASANT GROVE, US - Rock / Ambient - www.myspace.com/lorietasound or Lorieta Sound || Music For Teh Soul which has a link to our myspace

enjoy!

and maybe you can give me some help in classifying my own band cause that is really hard.
Old 18th August 2007
Gear Addict

I don't know what to say. I think there is a bunch of amps that will compliment your current setup. Honestly you should go & try some in person & see what you like & what you don't. May be after that, one can recommend you a better rig according to your taste. A dozen of different amps come to mind that have totally different sounds & will compliment you setup nicely.

Any specific sound you are looking for?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search