The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rectoverb 50 re-tubing
Old 7th August 2020
Here for the gear

Rectoverb 50 re-tubing

New to tube replacement. I need to replace the tubes in my amp / power and pre. Looking for tubes that accentuate the tight low end and rich highs of rectoverb 50. Current tubes in there are the stock ones and need to be replaced.

Will any 6l6 tubes and any 12ax7 fit with my rectoverb? Also it has a 6l6 EL34 switch on the back. Any insight?
Old 7th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axylrock View Post
New to tube replacement. I need to replace the tubes in my amp / power and pre. Looking for tubes that accentuate the tight low end and rich highs of rectoverb 50. Current tubes in there are the stock ones and need to be replaced.

Will any 6l6 tubes and any 12ax7 fit with my rectoverb? Also it has a 6l6 EL34 switch on the back. Any insight?
Use Mesa tubes. They're what the amp is designed for and they are specially selected for the amps. The amps have a non-adjustable bias circuit and their power tubes are chosen for use with that circuit. The preamp tubes are selected for low noise with the Mesa high gain preamps.

Yes, other brands will fit and they will "work", but they won't be optimum and they won't last very long.

https://store.mesaboogie.com/categories/shop/tubes.html
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Nut

I'd recommend giving Mesa a call. They were very helpful when I re-tubed my Mark III, many years ago. They had a number of options with different tonal characteristics.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear