The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Revv G20
Old 7th August 2020
Revv G20

So I’m about to put in a order on a Revv G20 and I just wanted to hear other’s opinions on it before I pull the trigger. I’ve been using a plugin called “Metal amp room” by softube and I’m wondering if the RevvG20 will sound significantly better? I’m gonna run it thru my Apollo 8p. Here’s a YT-link to the plugin: https://youtu.be/cEe7bIZ_SIU
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Should sound way better.
I haven’t played one but I’ve been watching them and watching reviews for some time. Thought about purchasing but I’ve got plenty of amps, sims and plugins at the moment.
I have played metal amp room years ago and wasn’t impressed.
Let us know what you think.
Old 8th August 2020
Which ampsim do you rate as better then the metal room? I feel I’ve tried most UAD-plug-ins but the only one who gives me a decent overdrive for punk/metal is the metal room. I always end up going back to it. But yeah I have high expectations for the Revv and I’ll post a update when I have it in a couple of weeks

(Edit:I mean which plugin you rate over metal room)
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Neural dsp and ML soundlab. Pretty sure youll be blown away compared to the Uad stuff and pretty much any other amp sims out there.
Old 8th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnevz View Post
Neural dsp and ML soundlab. Pretty sure youll be blown away compared to the Uad stuff and pretty much any other amp sims out there.
Thanks I really hope so. What do you use/recommend for bass? I use a ampeg-plugin from uad. But like with the guitar plugins it just isn’t quite there
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

Not really sure for bass. Neural dsp makes some bass plugins though and the amplitube among sbx stuff is decent.
Old 12th August 2020
I ordered the RevvG20 this morning I’m sitting here waiting on the DHL-express like a kid on Christmas Eve. I’m so excited!
Old 12th August 2020
Lives for gear

I have the Revv d20 and it’s solid as [email protected] with the right pedals, you could probably do metal with it... so, I’m sure the g20 will make peepee rain down yer chonies in the best way
Old 12th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I have the Revv d20 and it’s solid as [email protected] with the right pedals, you could probably do metal with it... so, I’m sure the g20 will make peepee rain down yer chonies in the best way
Now you made me wet sir!
Old 13th August 2020
Just got it and I’ve been giving it a first try:

It’s absolutely glorious!!!
Old 16th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnevz View Post
Not really sure for bass. Neural dsp makes some bass plugins though and the amplitube among sbx stuff is decent.
The Revv combined with a virtual bass cabinet from Two Notes sounds awesome. Didn’t realize before I got it that I can also use the amp on bass. For the first time my guitars and bass sounds perfect straight in the daw. No more hours of eq and processing
📝 Reply