The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Why don’t pedal makers do this?
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Nut

Why don’t pedal makers do this?

I think it would be cool if a pedal company would provide another, separate bottom cover for their pedals so that you could use one for Velcro and still have the mint one for when you wanted to sell it. Heck, they could even make money selling individual covers for their pedals. Just a thought?
Show replies
Old 6th August 2020
Deleted dc388e1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegentry View Post
I think it would be cool if a pedal company would provide another, separate bottom cover for their pedals so that you could use one for Velcro and still have the mint one for when you wanted to sell it. Heck, they could even make money selling individual covers for their pedals. Just a thought?
I'd be surprised if most companies won't sell you a replacement cover, if you ask them nicely.

But at the end of the day, it's not difficult to remove the velcro and clean up the existing baseplate, should you wish to sell it.
Panel wipe does a grand job in most cases* - you can probably get about 5 litres for the price of a new baseplate. That'll keep your pedals gunk free for a lifetime and then some...

*Obviously, test it on a discrete area. Not all pedals are created equally - I've never had a problem, but it could conceivably react with the finish.
Show replies
Old 6th August 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofspain View Post
I'd be surprised if most companies won't sell you a replacement cover, if you ask them nicely.

But at the end of the day, it's not difficult to remove the velcro and clean up the existing baseplate, should you wish to sell it.
Panel wipe does a grand job in most cases* - you can probably get about 5 litres for the price of a new baseplate. That'll keep your pedals gunk free for a lifetime and then some...

*Obviously, test it on a discrete area. Not all pedals are created equally - I've never had a problem, but it could conceivably react with the finish.
Fantastic! Thank you for the advice! ⭐️
Show replies
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

I'd like them to put in a 1/4-20 screw receptacle like cameras have. It might be limiting location-wise, but it would be nice and solid.
Show replies
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear
if you're really worried about hand-scribbled serial numbers, etc. most effects boxes are common boxes that you can get plates from mouser, etc.
1590 and others are common sizes.
https://www.mouser.com/Enclosures/En...&FS=True&bws=1

Or, just use zip ties if you're really worried about originality.
Show replies
Old 6th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegentry View Post
In many cases you should be able to order a bottom plate through an authorized service facility.
Show replies
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Never sell it! Problem solved
Show replies
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear