The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stereo guitars
Old 1st August 2020
Gear Maniac
Stereo guitars

I cannot find a guitar to pair up with my Tele. My tele is a MIM standard tele with a 3 saddle brass bridge and Di Marzio Twang kings. It sounds fantastic. I really like the sound of a telecaster for rhythms (clean with effects or light overdrive) on the bridge or pickups in parallel. The styles I play usually are rock and blues.

I do not know what guitar should I use to pan to the other side for a big double tracked sound. I have a few amps around DSL, HRD, OR15, AC15, etc... and speakers G12T75, Greenback, Creamback, Vintage 30, P12N and a C12K.

I am looking for a guitar to pair with the tele. Budget is around €1000, any recommendations?
Old 1st August 2020
I think a lot of guitars pair well with a tele. One of my fav’s for rhythm guitar is a Gibson Melody Maker with a P90. They’re pretty cheap but have a ton of Tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab_Azz View Post
I cannot find a guitar to pair up with my Tele. My tele is a MIM standard tele with a 3 saddle brass bridge and Di Marzio Twang kings. It sounds fantastic. I really like the sound of a telecaster for rhythms (clean with effects or light overdrive) on the bridge or pickups in parallel. The styles I play usually are rock and blues.

I do not know what guitar should I use to pan to the other side for a big double tracked sound. I have a few amps around DSL, HRD, OR15, AC15, etc... and speakers G12T75, Greenback, Creamback, Vintage 30, P12N and a C12K.

I am looking for a guitar to pair with the tele. Budget is around €1000, any recommendations?
Old 1st August 2020
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepipe View Post
I think a lot of guitars pair well with a tele. One of my fav’s for rhythm guitar is a Gibson Melody Maker with a P90. They’re pretty cheap but have a ton of Tone.
Thank you for your reply! I do not have a guitar with P90s yet maybe I should get one...
Old 1st August 2020
Lives for gear

P90s are pretty much my answer to everything. You could also get an Eq pedal and tweak that or just mix and match amps and cabs if you want.
I have a strat with P90s I love for whammy stuff and strat sounds. I also use a Gibson Blueshawk a lot for rhy tracks but you have to replace the stock pickups which are terrible. It has a great varitone rotary switch for different tone notches. Strung with .011-49 makes a killer rhy Gtr
Old 3rd August 2020
Lives for gear

Most of the time, people will pair a Gibson with a Fender. Maybe an SG would be a good idea? P-90s or humbuckers, either one sounds different enough to provide contrast.
Old 3rd August 2020
Lives for gear

Most of the time, people will pair a Gibson with a Fender. Maybe an SG would be a good idea? P-90s or humbuckers, either one sounds different enough to provide contrast.
Old 3rd August 2020
Here for the gear
Jazzmaster? Close to P-90s, no?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear