The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NGD: Fender Silent Siren Telecaster
Old 31st July 2020
Gear Nut

NGD: Fender Silent Siren Telecaster

In an unprecedented move, UPS arrived this morning (rather than their usual 8pm delivery schedule to me) to deliver my new guitar, a Felder Silent Siren Telecaster

This is the signature guitar of the guitarist/vocalist Sumire Yoshida for the J-Pop band "Silent Siren" and, supposedly, was not to be sold to anyone outside of Japan but, if you do a deep dive you can find it for sale.

According to Google's translation of the Fender Japan website description:

"SILENT SIREN is indispensable for talking about Japanese girl band scenes. Finally, a signature model guitar is now available on the Made in Japan line. A complete original model supervised by the designer himself to realize the ideal telecaster for vocal guitar. The white colour, which covers the entire grip and fingerboard of the neck, and the pale violet lines, which are solid yet reminiscent of thin lines, give off a unique presence. With a Vintage Single-Coil Tele® on the neck side and a Shawbucker humbucker on the bridge side, the HS specification, which was unlikely to be a telecaster, produces the ideal sound.
  • SILENT SIREN Suno signature model
  • A pale violet line reminiscent of a thin line on a solid body
  • Shawbucker Bridge humbucker/HS configuration with Vintage Single-Coil Tele® neck pickup"

This is my first tele and yes, for the most part, the look of this guitar (especially the white fretboard, is what drew me to it).

Will be plugging this in today and putting it through its paces (well, as much as I can put any guitar through its paces).

Old 2nd August 2020
Gear Addict

happy for you man! For me, I can't get into white fretboards when the whole guitar is already white. Maple would make sense to me more. But that's just my opinion, otherwise I love white guitars
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicEsquire View Post
In an unprecedented move, UPS arrived this morning (rather than their usual 8pm delivery schedule to me) to deliver my new guitar, a Felder Silent Siren Telecaster

This is the signature guitar of the guitarist/vocalist Sumire Yoshida for the J-Pop band "Silent Siren" and, supposedly, was not to be sold to anyone outside of Japan but, if you do a deep dive you can find it for sale.

According to Google's translation of the Fender Japan website description:

"SILENT SIREN is indispensable for talking about Japanese girl band scenes. Finally, a signature model guitar is now available on the Made in Japan line. A complete original model supervised by the designer himself to realize the ideal telecaster for vocal guitar. The white colour, which covers the entire grip and fingerboard of the neck, and the pale violet lines, which are solid yet reminiscent of thin lines, give off a unique presence. With a Vintage Single-Coil Tele® on the neck side and a Shawbucker humbucker on the bridge side, the HS specification, which was unlikely to be a telecaster, produces the ideal sound.
  • SILENT SIREN Suno signature model
  • A pale violet line reminiscent of a thin line on a solid body
  • Shawbucker Bridge humbucker/HS configuration with Vintage Single-Coil Tele® neck pickup"

This is my first tele and yes, for the most part, the look of this guitar (especially the white fretboard, is what drew me to it).

Will be plugging this in today and putting it through its paces (well, as much as I can put any guitar through its paces).

THAT looks awesome! How does it sound? How does it play?
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz View Post
THAT looks awesome! How does it sound? How does it play?
It plays great. I am used to playing a Parker Fly Artist which has a thin neck and compound radius so the thicker neck and smaller radius took me a few minutes to get used to but I am definitely enjoying it
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicEsquire View Post
It plays great. I am used to playing a Parker Fly Artist which has a thin neck and compound radius so the thicker neck and smaller radius took me a few minutes to get used to but I am definitely enjoying it
Cool. Congrats!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear