The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Planning my first pedalboard: Help pls
Old 1st August 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I really like the neatness of the cables dressed under the board.
Thanks Brent. It's one of the reasons I picked Temple Audio - the hole layout worked for me, and with George L's it was easy to cut to custom length for the longer runs. For short flat patch cables, I used the Warwick Rockboard cables, which come in different lengths. I've also found that the mounting system has zero flex for pedals vs. dual lock or velcro. I also early on got an EWS pedal plate that made it easier to put the wah on pedalboards - before I had it mounted on a piece of wood I had drilled out holes for the metal feet...

For those that are skirmish about applying adhesive plates to the bottom of their pedals, zip ties work very well given the number of holes throughout the top.

Still more to do; Temple audio has a new module that would mount underneath that lets you put a stereo pedal outputs in and sums to mono when only one output is connected. There are other pedals and accessories that do this, but this one mounts in the chassis punch below the pedalboard. I've avoided stereo from the chorus into the flashback because of challenges of summing back to mono easily.
https://www.templeaudio.com/shop/pro...696?category=6

Like I said, it's an iterative process...
Old 1st August 2020
Lives for gear

Someday I'm going to make a huge one, or a shadow box, to put my collection of Danelectro Pedals on or in. I don't know how many models he put out, but I've got um.
Old 2nd August 2020
Lives for gear

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
Nice pedals - noticing your expression and wah pedals aren't on the edge - was wondering what the reason was and how it's working for you. I'm wavering between replacing a vintage Ibanez Chorus and MXR flanger with either an H9 or a Mobius.
Thanks! I hard mounted the wah and expression pedals meaning I screwed them in from under the board vs dual locking or Velcro. There is just too much movement for my taste If dual locked or Velcro. Someone already mentioned that the slots on the dingbat board may impact pedal placement and that why I had to move them up a bit from the edge (so I could screw them from underneath and avoid slots.
Old 3rd August 2020
Here for the gear

just to get this on the thread for those who may be interested, Drew Burson in Portland, Oregon is a stellar pedalboard builder and worth checking out. having a pro help you plan it and put it all together will not be cheap, but if you're pretty clear about which pedals you're settling on it may well be worth it to you. even if you're not sure exactly which pedals will end up on your board (or for how long before they're replaced), Drew can help you sort out places for an insert or two along your signal path using something like a Goodwood Audio Audition. here's his instagram url where you can see his work - https://www.instagram.com/dbpedalboards/

good luck, all.
Old 4th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock80 View Post
I hard mounted the wah and expression pedals meaning I screwed them in from under the board vs dual locking or Velcro.
I guess you get used to the additional angle with the wah mounted on the board. I left mine on the floor after my first try with it on the board.
Old 4th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanzer View Post
I guess you get used to the additional angle with the wah mounted on the board. I left mine on the floor after my first try with it on the board.
They can be PITA! I've an stereo exp pedal that has to stay onboard, and a volume pedal I can move to the floor, but the exp pedal is in the way of the pedal switches above it, same with volume pedal when on board. That's partly what forced me to get the Boss ES8. Someone needs to come up with a memory foam design, as to countersink each pedal where and how low or high you need it.
Old 4th August 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Dalton View Post
They can be PITA! I've an stereo exp pedal that has to stay onboard, and a volume pedal I can move to the floor, but the exp pedal is in the way of the pedal switches above it, same with volume pedal when on board. That's partly what forced me to get the Boss ES8. Someone needs to come up with a memory foam design, as to countersink each pedal where and how low or high you need it.
I've had my wah mounted to my pedalboard for the past 13 years, so have gotten used to the raised height. Getting on and off the stage is fast, and with the Temple Audio board it's rock solidly attached.

As for memory foam, painted wood makes excellent risers for the back row... with a router, you could cut relief into the wood for the front row of pedals if it's thick enough to sink them down, but probably easier to just raise the rear row. or get metal risers and hide always on pedals underneath...
Old 4th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
I've had my wah mounted to my pedalboard for the past 13 years, so have gotten used to the raised height. Getting on and off the stage is fast, and with the Temple Audio board it's rock solidly attached.

As for memory foam, painted wood makes excellent risers for the back row... with a router, you could cut relief into the wood for the front row of pedals if it's thick enough to sink them down, but probably easier to just raise the rear row. or get metal risers and hide always on pedals underneath...
I know what you're saying. My deal is with risers, is not fitting back into my flight case. I tried a homemade flap type riser on back row, but it puts cables in a bend/bind and pedals at a bad angle. All my Boss 500's are on back row, and the switch angle to me is a bad design on those.
📝 Reply