The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cory Wong: Neural DSP have completed their amp sim domination
Old 26th July 2020
Yes, they have mapped the profile rig parameters to their sim and embedded the info in their file format. Hence Kemper Profile rig payer bit.

I compared identical sets, as I’ve now stated three times, that’s the point. Why do you keep insinuating that’s not the case? As you say there would be no point in comparing a th-u rig to a anything other than the profile it’s derived from.
Old 26th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdme_sadie View Post
Yes, they have mapped the profile rig parameters to their sim and embedded the info in their file format. Hence Kemper Profile rig payer bit.

I compared identical sets, as I’ve now stated three times, that’s the point. Why do you keep insinuating that’s not the case? As you say there would be no point in comparing a th-u rig to a anything other than the profile it’s derived from.
What you said is you tried the demo.
Old 27th July 2020
Gear Guru

I'm not hearing anything impressive in the demos. Oh well. There are too many amp sims. Once you've got a few of them, I don't know, a dozen, what's the point of having a dozen more?
Old 28th July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hired Goon View Post
And why do you assume TH-U models are a bunch of crap? Whether or not you use a certain amp model or pedal doesn't mean that it's not important to someone else. There are plenty of amps I don't touch in TH-U. I have my favorites based on my style and interests.

I get what you are saying that it's better to have a few good ones than a hundred mediocre ones, but as I've said, I feel the modeling in TH-U is excellent, and the profiled rigs are even better.
If you feel it's excellent, by all means use it.
📝 Reply