The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
cant get electric guitar sound using scarlett 2i2
Old 3rd June 2020
Here for the gear

cant get electric guitar sound using scarlett 2i2

I got a scarlett 2i2 to use with abelton and my acoustic guitar works fine when i plug it in it sounds good but when i plug in my electric guitar all i hear is static feedback sounds and when i touch the strings it even louder when i try to play any notes i cant hear anything what is wrong? when i plug into my amp i dont have any problems so its not my guitar or the cable i plug in my guitar directly to the interface
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear
Not all jacks have exactly the same shape and dimensions and it may well be that the jack socket in your interface has some play (the amp doesn't) + the jack is on the small side = they are not making proper contact. Try a (or a few) different cable(s) to rule this out first.
Old 6th June 2020
Does it behave the same with both inputs? How are you monitoring?

I have used a 2i4 for many years and I found the input jacks pretty firm so I've never had any connection issues.

With my setup, my monitors are connected to the scarlett so I can test levels and monitor even without the software running. It might be good to check that and just remove the DAW from the equation.

My first thought was that it was a bad cable or connection somewhere, but its odd that the guitar and cable work fine and without issue with an amp. Some issues are intermittent though so it may be a good idea to tap around the pickups, switches, and guitar output jack.
Old 4 weeks ago
Can you post a clip? (Use the 'paperclip" icon)
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear