The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LR Baggs Lyric Pickup
Old 29th May 2020
Gear Nut

LR Baggs Lyric Pickup

I'm thinking about which pickup system to put in my guitar. Guitar is a Sigma OMM-ST. I tend to the LR Baggs lyric. Does anyone have any experience? Or are there better?

Can I play it in front of a P.A. directed at me without feedback/ howl? I also do percussion with the guitar, can it handle it?
Old 1st June 2020
The Lyrics is a pretty good system However any mic-based system will howl under the wrong conditions - how loud do you usually play?

I have an LR Baggs Anthem LS in my J-200. It uses the same bridgeplate mic as the Lyric in combination with a low frequency bridge pickup and an on-board crossover, so the mic doesn't have to handle the lowest frequencies, thereby eliminating most of the LF feedback problem. Since the mic handles most of the sound there is no "quack" or other problems usually associated with bridge (undersaddle) pickups.

The Anthem LS costs about $100 more than the Lyric. Both of them require professional installation, which should be about $75-$100.
Old 1st June 2020
Gear Nut

Hi JP,

Thanks for your answer - very helpful. Didn't see that there were any other L.R.Baggs systems. The anthem costs only 12 stones more here at my seller and looks more valueable.

I practice over a PA on 100 db or so, but I can also point it away from me, so it shouldn't be so wild with the feedback, otherwise I just send the thing back again, but then you have to remove it again, which is a lot of work.

I also thought you could put the lyric in yourself. Didn't look very difficult and s.o. wrote it in the product reviews.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear