The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
(Newbie Question) I'm so confused
Old 25th May 2020
(Newbie Question) I'm so confused

Hey,
I'm thinking about selling my BC Rich Warlock (Dimmu Borgir Sig.) to get a Marcus Miller V3 and I'd like some opinions. I use this bass just to record basslines in the studio, I mean it works fine and the whole thing that I might be biased about this instrument are the looks. The music genre I play is mostly pop,alt rock and funk. I mean I know that just because a bass gtr looks so metal oriented doesn't mean it's useless in other genres but because I'm not good at reading specs I would love some help around which of these two options suits me better. Is it worth selling it for around 300$ to get a 350$ Marcus Miller V3 or should I keep it and just do my job?
Old 1st June 2020
Here for the gear

Hi!

I am mainly a guitar/trumpet player, and I needed a basic yet capable bass to record my basslines (I wanted to stop borrowing it from my friends ), and once a B-stock Marcus Miller V3 pop-up in Thomann I made the move.

I am really satisfied with the bass, it is really confortable, and sound-wise it has a wide range of sounds. You can dial probably a lot of diferents profiles (check it out, it has and adjustable Mid-freq EQ knob, and as an active bass you can also pump up the lows).
Overall, I am not an expert bass player, but I can say that price-quality relation overall, I am really satisfied with the Marcus Miller V3.

Comparing that to the BC Rich, I haven't played, but I might guess that probably the Marcus Miller is a bit more versatile for different music styles. On the other hand, in bass guitar it's probably the instrument which it's "sound" is less affected by the look.

Hope that helps!
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear