The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Danelectro vs Gretsch vs Guild 300-600€
Old 24th May 2020
Here for the gear

Danelectro vs Gretsch vs Guild 300-600€

Hey guys, I've sold all my music equipment and I'm planning to buy a number of things, one of them being an electric guitar. I travel a lot and can't always carry my equipment around... so I end up selling it all now and then. I've no emotional attachment to equipment and have a pretty DIY approach to making music. I'm not very picky regarding fidelity etc. I make all sorts of weird music, from alt-rock to experimental electronic. What I want is a reliable guitar and these have caught my attention:

Danelectro 59
Danelectro64XT
Gretsch G2210
Guild Jetstar

The thing is, I won't have the chance to try any of them. Even if you haven't tried these specific models either, can you please let me know what your views are on these brands? What should I expect? Which one would you pick if you were in my position?

Thanks a lot!
Old 24th May 2020
Gear Nut

On that list, I can only speak for gretsch, but I have a jet electromatic. Great neck, solid build, I like their stock pick ups.

Cons: I think they skimp on the tuners, I had to replace mine when I bought it, just to tune it, so I can play it. $20

Overall, I think the bang for the buck is good, and they have a solid reputation.
Old 24th May 2020
Here for the gear

Thanks for sharing - good to know! So excited to getting my hands on one of them (likely a Gretsch it seems).
Old 25th May 2020
Gear Nut

I cant speak on the others, but when guitar shopping, an $800 epiphone or Gibson felt cheap, but a $500 Gretsch feels expensive.
Old 25th May 2020
Gear Addict

Danelectro has a specific vibe, but kind of a narrow one. I had a Gretsch Electromatic for a few years, in the end it felt like a cheap guitar, so I sold it (but I love gretsch, have a Tele with a Gretsch pickup and a vintage Gretsch anniversary I lucked into many years ago).

So out of the three I’d lean toward Guild. I’ve played vintage guilds that were great guitars, but don’t know about current production.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear