The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Horrible experience with AnalogMan. Delay pedal came back worse than when it left
Old 23rd May 2020
Gear Maniac

Horrible experience with AnalogMan. Delay pedal came back worse than when it left

Edit: Am working this out with them at the moment. Deleting my post for the time being out of respect for Mike because I want to give him a chance to fix this.

Last edited by RonCarlston; 23rd May 2020 at 11:01 PM..
Old 24th May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonCarlston View Post
Edit: Am working this out with them at the moment. Deleting my post for the time being out of respect for Mike because I want to give him a chance to fix this.
There's a guy that goes by MikeAZ that posted the exact same thing today.
Old 24th May 2020
Gear Maniac

Yeah, thats me. RonCarlston is a joke screenname for a fictional fat guy i made 10+ years ago to post here.
In case you haven't noticed, people often don't use their real names on the internet.
I did over on the gearpage only because I wanted analogmike to have an easier time figuring out who wrote it.

Then i deleted this one here after realizing he hangs out on the other forum more, and also because i thought it was overkill. I'm very worried about my investment showing up completely trashed today. I want it made right.

If you doubt my honesty, please see the comments in the other thread, with veteran members who are claiming to have had the SAME EXACT EXPERIENCE.
Old 24th May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah, thats me. RonCarlston is a joke screenname for a fictional fat guy i made 10+ years ago to post here.
In case you haven't noticed, people often don't use their real names on the internet.
I did over on the gearpage only because I wanted analogmike to have an easier time figuring out who wrote it.

Then i deleted this one here after realizing he hangs out on the other forum more, and also because i thought it was overkill. I'm very worried about my investment showing up completely trashed today. I want it made right.

If you doubt my honesty, please see the comments in the other thread, with veteran members who are claiming to have had the SAME EXACT EXPERIENCE.
I'm not doubting anything,I've played some of Mike's pedals but never done direct business with him.I've been on the wait list for a KOT for almost 3 years.I hope you get it squared away.
Old 24th May 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicklickz View Post
I'm not doubting anything,I've played some of Mike's pedals but never done direct business with him.I've been on the wait list for a KOT for almost 3 years.I hope you get it squared away.
Thanks buddy. sorry for being a bit defensive. Got dogpiled in the other thread just for sharing my experience.
Old 25th May 2020
Lives for gear
Wow - just read through the TGP thread and glad I don't go over there... hope your pedals get fixed by Mike...
Old 28th May 2020
Gear Maniac

Just so everyone is updated on what happened. TGP has now completely banned my account (they are in bed with analog man, as you can plainly see from the events in the thread) and AnalogMike is behaving incredibly childish via email, playing games with my refund. As of today, I have still not received it.

This guy analogmike is not who you think he is. This is a very petty and childish man. He tried to convince me to delete the entire thread in a very patronizing, manipulative fashion before I put my foot down. I told him I'd rather lose the money than censor a bunch of other people. He is only concerned that the truth got out about his abuses, nothing more.

Will keep everyone updated as to whether or not he sends me my refund- in no way shape or form will I drop this issue. If he wants this to escalate further, I am fully prepared. Thanks to everyone who offered words of encouragement, and thanks to all of the people who reached out to me with similar stories of abuse over on TheGearPage.net before the communist moderators censored me to protect their boy.
Old 29th May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Just so everyone is updated on what happened. TGP has now completely banned my account (they are in bed with analog man, as you can plainly see from the events in the thread) and AnalogMike is behaving incredibly childish via email, playing games with my refund. As of today, I have still not received it.

This guy analogmike is not who you think he is. This is a very petty and childish man. He tried to convince me to delete the entire thread in a very patronizing, manipulative fashion before I put my foot down. I told him I'd rather lose the money than censor a bunch of other people. He is only concerned that the truth got out about his abuses, nothing more.

Will keep everyone updated as to whether or not he sends me my refund- in no way shape or form will I drop this issue. If he wants this to escalate further, I am fully prepared. Thanks to everyone who offered words of encouragement, and thanks to all of the people who reached out to me with similar stories of abuse over on TheGearPage.net before the communist moderators censored me to protect their boy.
Wow that is disappointing,I'm sorry you've had to deal with this. TGP has certain darlings they will protect at all costs regardless of the actual truth.I hope you get it squared away.
Old 29th May 2020
Lives for gear

That is certainly disappointing but you really should change the thread title, fictional fat guy, because your horrible experience wasn't with an Analog Man. It was apparently with a service person. You current title is somewhat misleading. Hope he gets it fixed for you.
Old 29th May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by enorbet2 View Post
That is certainly disappointing but you really should change the thread title, fictional fat guy, because your horrible experience wasn't with an Analog Man. It was apparently with a service person. You current title is somewhat misleading. Hope he gets it fixed for you.
How is dealing with Mike directly,with his business,and with his employees not at all dealing with Mike?
Old 29th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
How is dealing with Mike directly,with his business,and with his employees not at all dealing with Mike?
Exactly my point. The problem is with the man, not the product so the thread title makes more sense as "Horrible Experience With Mike". Granted... picky point, but also more precise as well as practical to anyone seeking feedback on the quality of the product vs/ the quality of service. Even if Mike were to die, the product would still exist for a long time after.
Old 29th May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Exactly my point. The problem is with the man, not the product so the thread title makes more sense as "Horrible Experience With Mike". Granted... picky point, but also more precise as well as practical to anyone seeking feedback on the quality of the product vs/ the quality of service. Even if Mike were to die, the product would still exist for a long time after.
For all intents and purposes,Mike Piera =Analogman.It's a sole proprietorship I believe so everything reverts back to Mike.His dealing was with the company and employees initially and then later on with Mike personally.I had read the whole thread at TGP so maybe I have a little more insight into the situation.About every 20 posts or so someone would chime in that they had had the exact same experience,but of course TGP deletes all the unflattering threads so a search shows nothing.
Old 29th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
For all intents and purposes,Mike Piera =Analogman.It's a sole proprietorship I believe so everything reverts back to Mike.His dealing was with the company and employees initially and then later on with Mike personally.I had read the whole thread at TGP so maybe I have a little more insight into the situation.About every 20 posts or so someone would chime in that they had had the exact same experience,but of course TGP deletes all the unflattering threads so a search shows nothing.
I'm sorry the OP has had this issue, I assume it will end well.

I don't mean to pile on TGP, (and I don't specifically recall instances of thread deletion with issues of Financial Favoritism) but situations such as this should be considered as the sort of way TGP seems to operate their forum business.

It's great when a community forum can generate revenue, profit is good! But in my experience TGP is not fair, (I received warning points I deemed were not fairly given to me) which is why I ceased being a Gold member and I choose to no longer participate on TGP.

TGP has some fantastic forum members and overall since 2012 I had an excellent experience on TGP, but when things aren't fair overall, I'm out.

OP and Analogman, all the best to you both!
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

With all respect, Slicklickz, I don't care a whit about what happens at TGP. As far as the "every twenty or so" sampling, I've seen forums sport 5 in 20 in one thread saying they would never buy a Western Digital HDD ever again, and others for every other HDD manufacturer who commonly have failure rates dramatically under 0.1 % (0.001) with distribution in the millions of products. Analogman has a very good reputation for high quality, well-supported boutique-ish product at least up until quite recently. As you pointed out it is NOT a huge corporation distributing millions of units making big bux. The problem OP reported here (and apparently other places as well) is a unit was improperly serviced, as I understand it, and ultimately that does fall on Mike BUT he is one man with a small business apparently launched for the love of music and electronics, and on the less lucrative high end at that.

Give the guy some time and some respect. Right now businesses are disappearing from effects of Covid and Lockdown. You don't know what may have preceded that. By all means, stay on him, but be polite and consider that trashing the name Analogman is cutting off YOUR nose to spite your face as many small businesses never recover from such negativity. Do you know how long this has been going on? If it's less than a year, it isn't time to start yelling "The sky is falling"... yet.
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

With all respect, Slicklickz, I don't care a whit about what happens at TGP. As far as the "every twenty or so" sampling, I've seen forums sport 5 in 20 in one thread saying they would never buy a Western Digital HDD ever again, and others for every other HDD manufacturer who commonly have failure rates dramatically under 0.1 % (0.001) with distribution in the millions of products. Analogman has a very good reputation for high quality, well-supported boutique-ish product at least up until quite recently. As you pointed out it is NOT a huge corporation distributing millions of units making big bux. The problem OP reported here (and apparently other places as well) is a unit was improperly serviced, as I understand it, and ultimately that does fall on Mike BUT he is one man with a small business apparently launched for the love of music and electronics, and on the less lucrative high end at that.

Give the guy some time and some respect. Right now businesses are disappearing from effects of Covid and Lockdown. You don't know what may have preceded that. By all means, stay on him, but be polite and consider that trashing the name Analogman is cutting off YOUR nose to spite your face as many small businesses never recover from such negativity. Do you know how long this has been going on? If it's less than a year, it isn't time to start yelling "The sky is falling"... yet.
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

I do care, and I also appreciate the heads up. You might be OK with forums burying the truth about bad customer service, and companies screwing customers, I’m not.
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

I'm not doubting there is an issue that you want resolved, but I think its inappropriate to reactively start slamming one company or another online early on in the resolution process. **** happens. Deal with them directly until you've exhausted all options, if you jump immediately to posting everywhere online "Horrible Experience with x" that puts the other party in quite a different frame of mind than a simple customer service issue.

Of course, you'll come back and say I don't know the whole story and how bad they wronged you --- but you've also gone and edited your post so I see nothing except your clickbait post title and that you got banned on another forum.
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagelove View Post
I do care, and I also appreciate the heads up. You might be OK with forums burying the truth about bad customer service, and companies screwing customers, I’m not.
OMFG You first assume that online negativity is all true and then attribute to me that I'm defending a web forum that hides such "Truth". Jump to your own delusional conclusion much? For cryin' out loud I even gave a very common example of anecdote with zero foundation in fact. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter et al are fighting to at least diminish what amounts to Internet Gossip and Fake News. Do you subscribe to the National Enquiirer?

All I sdaid was be accurate and don't leap to cvonclusions and maybe have a little patience and understanding. Sheesh!
Old 30th May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
I'm not doubting there is an issue that you want resolved, but I think its inappropriate to reactively start slamming one company or another online early on in the resolution process. **** happens. Deal with them directly until you've exhausted all options, if you jump immediately to posting everywhere online "Horrible Experience with x" that puts the other party in quite a different frame of mind than a simple customer service issue.

Of course, you'll come back and say I don't know the whole story and how bad they wronged you --- but you've also gone and edited your post so I see nothing except your clickbait post title and that you got banned on another forum.
I believe he's about 6 months into trying to get a resolution.
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I believe he's about 6 months into trying to get a resolution.
That's certainly not a fun delay and I do sympathize (stay on it) but it just might be worth noting that Howard Dumble, Jose Arredondo, and many other great names in electric guitar music history sometimes took years to deliver.. If you want big corporation turnaround and less risk buy something like a Roland or Ibanez. If you wish to keep artistry alive in the business world, adjust your patience and understanding. You can't "have a cake and eat it, too" anymore than soldiers can have body armor that will stop a howitzer and weigh in at a few grams.

Historical note: IIRC David Lindley and Jackson Browne bought Howard Dumble a house because Dumble was so oblivious to the mundane he often became homeless from not paying his rent. Would they have been wiser to sue him into oblivion?
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Facebook, YouTube, Twitter et al are fighting
Well if they’re all doing it...
Old 30th May 2020
Quote:
Historical note: IIRC David Lindley and Jackson Browne bought Howard Dumble a house because Dumble was so oblivious to the mundane he often became homeless from not paying his rent. Would they have been wiser to sue him into oblivion?
Maybe. Not getting what you paid for on the one-in-a-million chance the person being sketchy is a "genius" and will eventually give you something amazing is unrealistically optimistic.
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldat View Post
Maybe. Not getting what you paid for on the one-in-a-million chance the person being sketchy is a "genius" and will eventually give you something amazing is unrealistically optimistic.
Well OTOH you can vote for reliable mediocrity, stick with Blue Chip stocks, work as a clerk and only date ugly women

My suggestion? Only buy pedals from Amazon.
Old 31st May 2020
Quote:
Well OTOH you can vote for reliable mediocrity, stick with Blue Chip stocks, work as a clerk and only date ugly women

My suggestion? Only buy pedals from Amazon.
Somebody has to date them!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear