The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
American vintage series 70’s Stratocaster QUESTION
Old 21st May 2020
American vintage series 70’s Stratocaster QUESTION

I’m trading a couple ear trumpet lab mics for one of these Gtr this week but at the last minute I noticed there’s no serial # on the headstock where I’m used to seeing them, neither front NOR back. Seller claims this is typical on these American made 70’s strats although I can’t find any info. He Took the neck off and sent me pics (below) of the stocker with serial. Showed me pics of all original paperwork too and looks very legit. The serial is also stamped on the neck plate on back, is this typical? I’ve never seen a strat wothout the serial up top on headstock. Thoughts??

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
American vintage series 70’s Stratocaster QUESTION-7ce221c9-513b-41b0-b43e-34f154401426.jpg   American vintage series 70’s Stratocaster QUESTION-4492db10-c774-4422-8aa2-7276287c7373.jpg   American vintage series 70’s Stratocaster QUESTION-6ab29d46-9456-4249-a45f-224e68e26cea.jpg  
Old 21st May 2020
Gear Maniac

I've got a 74 American Strat, the front of the headstock says Fender only with the tiny patent numbers underneath. Back of the headstock looks like your pic and the only serial number I see is on the neck plate. I haven't had the neck off.
Old 22nd May 2020
Gear Maniac

Also my 74 has two string T's on the headstock.
Old 24th May 2020
Yea upon more research, apparently they didn’t stamp or print the serial on these headstoxks for some reason, there’s just a cheap little sticker on the inside back of the neck. Kinda odd ...
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear