The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vox V212C question
Old 13th May 2020
Vox V212C question

I'm interested in this cab as a cabinet for my amp. The amp requires a 16ohm cabinet, and the specs of this cab says it is indeed 16ohm.

However, some of the pics / details of this cab show 16ohm Greenbacks and some (most) show 8ohm Greenbacks. I don't know how speakers are wired inside guitar cabs, but my basic understanding is that two speakers in parallel halve the ohmage, so how exactly would this cab be wired up to take a 16ohm input?
Old 16th May 2020
Gear Maniac

If the cab has two 8 ohm speakers in series, the total impedance is 16 ohms. There is no other way to get 16 ohms with two speakers.
Old 19th May 2020
Thankyou
Old 24th May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne19691 View Post
If the cab has two 8 ohm speakers in series, the total impedance is 16 ohms. There is no other way to get 16 ohms with two speakers.

Not entirely. You could use two 32 ohm speakers in parallel - but 32 ohm speakers are quite rare unless you happen to be parting out an old Ampeg SVT cabinet.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear