The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Victoria 20112
Old 10th May 2020
Gear Nut

Victoria 20112

I have an older Victoria 20112 that I have a question about and since I have not been able to get the information from the manufacturer I thought I would try here.

I bought this amp about 10 years ago from a dealer here in Iowa. As you can see it has a wide panel front. I didn't think much about this when I bought it but since then have not seen another one like it. The dealer said he acquired it when a local boutique guitar and amp store went out of business. He told me the owner of the shop had specially ordered it as part of a run of 100. The dealer has since gone out of business so I can't contact him and as I said Victoria/Mark have not responded to my inquires.

So any info I can get from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

Al
Attached Thumbnails
Victoria 20112-img_0814.jpg  
Old 10th May 2020
Deleted 714de1f
Nice! Presumably the panel gives it an old fender look. 5b5 ish

ps what speaker does yours have?
Old 10th May 2020
Gear Nut

I think it originally came with an Eminence but I replaced it with a Weber ceramic blue.
Old 12th May 2020
Gear Nut

I was hoping someone here would know something about this amp. Oh well...
Old 12th May 2020
Lives for gear
You might get better responses if you let us know what info you're trying to get about your amp. Is it curiosity, or is there something wrong with the amp?
Old 12th May 2020
Gear Nut

Amp works great! I've developed bone marrow cancer, have liver disease and so much neuropathy in my right leg that I can't walk any longer. My studio is in the basement. We put in a stairlift so I can get downstairs but the chemo drugs sap my energy so it's difficult to get things done.

So I was thinking of selling the amp to help defray some medical expenses that aren't covered by insurance. I've never been much of a tweed guy, and have several other amps that are used much more than the Victoria. It's immaculate and has old glass and a new Weber speaker.

I just have never seen another wide panel 20112 and so was hoping that someone else could shed some light on it so I would have some accurate information with which to list it. Sorry I didn't explain why I wanted the information and didn't think you guys would want to hear about my medical issues. Hope this helps.

Al
Old 13th May 2020
Lives for gear
I'm sorry to hear about your issues, and thank you for sharing the information. I just looked and while I see the 20112 in narrow panel tweed, I wasn't able to find one with your wide front, which I'm guessing would be early or a one off.

When you have time, pictures of the back, and any tube chart inside, may give more clues and more people may be interested.
Old 13th May 2020
Gear Nut

Thank you so much!! I was going crazy because I couldn't find another wide panel either and I wanted to be as accurate and honest as possible when I list it. I'll post some more photos. I was going to take more anyway before I list it. Thanks again for your response.
Old 13th May 2020
Deleted 714de1f
Only played one once, different panel - think that had celestion, but wasn't sure if that was original or not, so maybe they came with eminence?
Sounded sweet though.
Old 13th May 2020
Gear Nut

Mine could have come with a Jensen, but I think it was an Eminence. It's been a while since I changed speakers and I put what was in the Vic in another cab. I just can't remember for sure.
Old 13th May 2020
Gear Nut

Here's some more pictures of the 20112
Attached Thumbnails
Victoria 20112-img_0885.jpg   Victoria 20112-img_0887.jpg   Victoria 20112-img_0890.jpg   Victoria 20112-img_0891.jpg   Victoria 20112-img_0893.jpg  

Victoria 20112-img_0894.jpg   Victoria 20112-img_0896.jpg   Victoria 20112-img_0900.jpg  
Old 14th May 2020
Lives for gear
Thanks - the tube chart is really helpful as it shows this is a 20112-TV, or the wide TV front that you have. Hard to read the JPEG, but it looks like the serial is 001729.

I'd send in this image to Victoria amps to learn more about the amp and you may or may not want to share the reason you're asking, which may get a quicker response.

The amp is in amazing shape. If I had the cash...
Old 14th May 2020
Gear Nut

It's pretty pristine, never having left my studio. I have not sent in pictures of the amp to Victoria but have emailed once and left messages twice and included the serial number, and didn't say why I wanted the info. Maybe I'll try again.

Thanks for your input and advice. I appreciate it.

Al
Old 20th May 2020
Here for the gear

I would think that may have been a special order. Probably direct from Victoria.

Mark will do special or custom orders if he can. I would not be surprised if it was a one off.

Did you try this contact info? Phone: 630.820.6400 I would call and explain what you want to know.

Email: [email protected]

If you can email pictures try that.

Like I mentioned I would not be surprised if someone wanted Mark to make
it with the TV type cabinet

I think it's a cool looking amp
Old 21st May 2020
Gear Nut

Thanks! If I didn't have all these medical expenses I would probably keep it. Thanks for the contact numbers. It is a great amp.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Hey Tweed518 thanks for the telephone number. I was able to talk to one of the women who builds the cabs. She verified that the amp was built in 2002 and said it was a custom built cab but did not have info on who ordered it. But indicated it was probably a one off. I was happy to get the information. If I didn't need the money I am sure I would be keeping it. So thanks again.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear