The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
um major issue with all my guitar pedals not working when switched on
Old 8th May 2020
um major issue with all my guitar pedals not working when switched on

So I just got some mogami pedals from rainwater sound, hooked em up to a tube screamer and distortion pedal I use all the time. turn on the amp, no sound. I then used my old cables, no sound.

I power them with adapters, switched adapters, no sound. Now the cables directly work from guitar to amp. All of the cables, old and new. However one of the distortion pedals works when its not engaged and a clean tone is coming through but when I hit the distortion, it goes mute, my tube screamer is mute totally.

I hooked up my reverb pedal with my old cables because I have been suspecting somehow the mogamies ruined my pedals, But then the reverb pedal also doesnt work.

WHAT IN THE FU!#!

I used the battery and the adapter on the reverb pedal. It isnt working

What are the chances that ALL my pedals wont work coincidentally at the same time? Does anybody have any clue whats going on here? Im about to tear down my house
Old 13th May 2020
Lives for gear

Is the distortion pedal that works a true bypass? That would explain why it passes a clean signal. As far as the rest, this really sounds like a power supply issue of some sort (unless you accidentally had the volumes on ALL the FX turned down, which I find highly unlikely. Do any of the pedals have displays or LEDs on them? Do any of these light up? Are you sure power is getting to them (like a power strip turned off, that sort of thing)?

is it possible you got a power surge that killed your pedals?

I'm guessing you meant Mogami "cables". Do you have a DMM? If so, this might be the time to pull that bugger out, and start measuring power voltages, check the continuity on the cables, etc...
Old 15th May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
Is the distortion pedal that works a true bypass? That would explain why it passes a clean signal. As far as the rest, this really sounds like a power supply issue of some sort (unless you accidentally had the volumes on ALL the FX turned down, which I find highly unlikely. Do any of the pedals have displays or LEDs on them? Do any of these light up? Are you sure power is getting to them (like a power strip turned off, that sort of thing)?

is it possible you got a power surge that killed your pedals?

I'm guessing you meant Mogami "cables". Do you have a DMM? If so, this might be the time to pull that bugger out, and start measuring power voltages, check the continuity on the cables, etc...
I unplugged my amp and plugged it in and everything worked for some reason.
Old 15th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickpu View Post
I unplugged my amp and plugged it in and everything worked for some reason.
That doesn't make any sense, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth...
Old 16th May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
That doesn't make any sense, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth...
lol yea, ill take it. Today though I did plug in those mogami cables and unplugged them comparing the sound to my older cables and when I hooked up the mogami at one point the pedals didnt create any distortion although they were engaged, just clean tones, and the old cables worked fine.
Old 19th May 2020
By any chance are these Mogami cables TRS cables instead of TS cables?

TRS won't work with FX pedals, since pedals won't turn on without a TS plug inserted in the input. They use a TRS jack and use the connection between R and S to turn the pedal by establishing the battery ground connection.
Old 22nd May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
By any chance are these Mogami cables TRS cables instead of TS cables?

TRS won't work with FX pedals, since pedals won't turn on without a TS plug inserted in the input. They use a TRS jack and use the connection between R and S to turn the pedal by establishing the battery ground connection.
no they are ts cables. I plugged em in since and they worked again. TBH im pretty frustrated with rainwater sound, which is where I got them from. The guy first off claims 3 or 2 days shipping, it took him two weeks to send me my cables and then he sent me the wrong mic cables and blamed his packager. So you'd figure he'd have the right cables if it was due to his packager, but I was somewhat confident it was that he made the wrong cables. Sure enough he has since failed to deliver me the right cables, this was another two weeks ago since I made him aware he sent me the wrong cables. So I gave this guy money about a month ago and I still havent gotten what I paid for. what a joke. It makes me hesitant to be confident in that he is putting stuff together properly.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear