The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What happened over at The Gear Page?
Old 12th May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdme_sadie View Post
You do know that John gets his fair share of outright bans here right?

He also doesn’t tend to descend into ad hominem, just strong opinions. Most of the time I’ve seen stuff removed by mods it’s for good reason such as derailing a topic or descending into pure personal attack or bullying behavior.

The mods here seem to try to keep topics open, debates going when healthy and raw information flowing. You have to go out of your way to have your posts deleted, and usually it’s for your own good, this stuff is online for anyone to search and see what kind of person you are.
Vacations. Believe me.
Old 13th May 2020
Lives for gear

If I want to get embroiled in a quarantine meltdown thread Gearslutz is the place to be!
Old 13th May 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascha Franck View Post
(especially as English isn't my native language, so I might come across a bit strange)
Your English writing is very good and concise!
Old 16th May 2020
Quote:
In all honesty, you're the last person qualified to come up with such recommendation.
What I have seen from you over here is anything but adult behaviour. You're constantly chiming into threads claiming things as if you were the bearer of the only truth - when it can very often be proven that you have no idea about the subject at hand.

The worst exposure of this behaviour can be seen in all threads related to modeling that you feel to comment in.
I could look up tons of examples of this, but just for starters, you were for instance comparing the rather new, fulltube but programmmable Hook amp (something even many analog afficionados are drooling about) to Fenders cheesy attempt at modelingn from quite some years ago, namely the Cyber Twin - seriously, it doesn't get anymore ridiculous. And that is just one example of you not even understanding the basic concept behind whatever technology - as said, there's countless more.
The Cyber Twin was not, technically, a "modeler" - it was a digitally controlled analog hybrid amp. In fact it was the first commercially available digitally controlled analog hybrid amp. (The Fender PR department might have tried to pass it off as a "modeler" - I really don't remember - but by now you should know what I think of people who write ad copy.)

I guess you've never actually seen one in the "flesh", but for those who have it's obvious - the thing has little servo motors on the pots so that when you change programs the knobs actually turn themselves. Kinda neat in a geeky sort of way.
So who doesn't understand what technology?

Quote:

If I were to chime into a thread about, say, highend analog compressors and tell people to get a clue, I would possibly receive a lifetime ban instantly. And rightly so, because I don't know s**t about that topic.
Highly doubtful. The bit about the lifetime ban, that is.

Quote:

But for whatever completely unknown reasons, you are allowed to continue your crusade against pretty much any digital technology related to guitar amplification.
Which is a flat-out, baldfaced lie. which you viciously insist on perpetuating.

I don't have anything at all against digital technology. I've been involved with computers since the late '70s, when I lived in Silicon Valley.

What I don't like is second rate products - and I don't care what technology they use. Junk is junk, doesn't matter if it's analog or digital. When I said I didn't like Line 6 (which has changed a bit with the Helix) it was because they made junk that didn't sound good and products that were unnecessarily difficult to use - by actual musicians doing live performances on dark stages. As differentiated from some kid geeking around with his computer instead of playing music. I don't like pedals that require consulting the manual to know what the controls are. Now it appears that their association with Yamaha has actually caused a significant improvement in sound quality, which is great. Don't know about their user interfaces.

I'm totally agnostic technologically. Whatever works. What I don't like is stuff that does a lousy job or is difficult to use. When I'm being a musician I don't want to be forced into sound engineer or computer programmer mode. Its distracting and detracts from the music. I like stuff that "just works". If it only does one thing but does in superbly that's all right by me. If some tries to do everything under the sun but does a half-assed job on all of it and requires consulting the manual to figure out what the cryptically labelled knobs mean it's a waste of my time. You know, it's been 10 years and still nobody has been able to define to me what "tweek" and "tweeze" mean. Because they don't mean anything. What is the point of having an echo box that does (half-assed) emulations of nearly every popular (classic era) echo box under the sun if it takes you two minutes of stage time to set up your program? I'd rather have one box that dopes one thing and another box that does another - and be able to switch just by using the stomp buttons, even use both together.

It's not the digital technology I don't like, it's the utterly horrible implementation. I have a number of digital devices that I'm very fond of. They do exactly what I expect of them and do it well. When I use a device I'm not thinking "OOH, this is DIGITAL, OOH, This is ANALOG." I'm not thinking about what's inside the box, it doesn't matter. I'm thinking about the knobs and the sounds. Period.

The person who draws Black/White, either-or distinctions is YOU. You constantly use that shallow prejudiced mode of thinking to pick fights about this stuff and you never pay attention to the very real criticisms of poor design decisions and poor design quality.

The only thing I really have against digital technology is not technical at all, it has to do with corporate design and marketing decisions that make our investments in gear obsolete before their time and intentionally "churn the market" to force people into upgrades that they don't really need or even want.

Quote:
Ok, this could still be considered sort of ok-ish-ly. But in addition to making high horse claims (which can often be proven to be flat out wrong), you are also calling people names plenty of times.
But never without reason and provocation.

How many hundreds of time have snotty people around here called me "old" and "fat"? Those are HIGHLY bigoted statements, yet I get them all the time. You think I'd be old and fat if I could help it? I'm fat because since I came down with heart failure and arthritis I can't exercise. In the year after leaving the hospital I gained 100 pounds - even though I really don't eat much - these days a light breakfast and dinner. I'm old because somehow I've managed to escape dying for nearly 70 years (which never fails to amaze me.) People used to respect that, now it's an excuse for ridicule.

As to "high horse claims", usually, if you bother to actually follow my arguments, I'm usually right. and on those occasions that I'm not (nobody always is) I do admit it. Very occasionally there's a time when both sides are "right" according to different standards of terminology. (For example the time when one of those "I'm an electronics engineer" guys was trying to slam me for differentiating between RFI and EMI regarding noise sources, stating that it's all "EMI and there's no difference, when the reality is that although to a physicist they are technically the same type of energy (which is a stupid argument because then you'd need to include gamma rays and light - in physics ALL energy is "electromagnetic" on some level) And which I did stipulate to, technically. To service techs and broadcast engineers there is a very real difference and the terminology is standardized along those lines, based on behavior and transmission and shielding techniques. But the guy just HAD to derail my explanation to the questioner just to show off and be a jerk. And in the course of it scared off the person I was helping and undoubtedly just increased his confusion. When you're trying to explain ther different shielding techniques for different forms of interference and you've got some guy jumping in an insisting that it's all the same (which it's not) based on a semantic argument that's really not cool.

And what about the people who constantly insult me and my music? Maybe you don't like old fashioned country music, which is what I've been into the past few years. OK, that's up to you. You don't have to listen if you don't want to. Bigoted little a-holes don't need to make fun of it - that music was selling millions of records for as lot longer than most so-called "genres" of "modern" music have been around. Do you think that you'll be doing the same music when you're 70 as when you were in your 20s? Maybe so, some do, but most people get involved with a wider range of styles. But don't you think it would be just a wee bit ridiculous for me to be strutting and jumping around the stage in tight leather pants and a vest open to the waist with my belly flopping out at my age? If I could still jump? I've just gone back to playing a lot of the music that was on the Top 40 when I was young - and yes, there was a lot of that sort of country on the Top 40 in those days, before "narrowcasting" started dicing up the listening audience into neat little cubes suitable for cooking to death. People used to listen to a wide variety of music - they weren't always a bunch of ignorant, provincial twits putting each other down.

To think that's all I've done is idiotic. As a player I've been involved in folk, British Invasion, Garage rock, Blues, Blues rock, "rock and roll", psychedelic, and punk rock. And. I guess a fair bit of old fashioned R&B, although we just regarded it as part of rock and roll in those days. As an engineer you can add synth pop (I was a big Kraftwerke fan), New Wave, prog, thrash, heavy metal, thrash metal, misc. hyphenated-metal, Goth (I love running FX from the board on a good Bauhaus-style Goth band), and '90s industrial, as well as being systems engineer for a bunch of raves in the '90s and early 2000s. I've done sound for Robert Fripp (Frippertronics) and Sun Ra and His Arkestra (look it up). I think that's a pretty eclectic career, don't you?

Quote:
This very thread here is already showing it - and what you said could even be considered "tamed", I've seen way worse examples.
I've been making a serious effort to act responsibly. But when a bunch of people are acting like a bunch of 3rd grade bullies (is that better than the dread "m" word?) it's difficult. With grade schoolers you can make them stand in a corner, send them to the principal's office and make them stay after school to write "I will behave myself and not throw spitwads" on the blackboard 500 times, but you can't do that here.

Quote:
Anyhow, in the end, your post really comes across quite weird. You're pretty much among the last persons (well, maybe I am still behind...) to tell people to behave like adults.
It's a really crappy job but somebody's got to do it.

Quote:
And that should be it from me on the issue.
Yes, let's wrap it up.

EDIT: Jeez, I just wasted over two hours on this stupid post.

Last edited by John Eppstein; 16th May 2020 at 01:25 AM..
Old 16th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
The Cyber Twin was not, technically, a "modeler" - it was a digitally controlled analog tube amp.
You have no idea what you're talking about. It had two preamp tubes and that was it. Part of its sound was analog (the tone stack) but a large other part of it (no, not just the effect section) was digital. Comparing it to the Hook amp (which is in fact fully analog) is apples and oranges.

And yes, I have actually seen one "in the flesh". And I even played through it.

Quote:
How many hundreds of time have snotty people around here called me "old" and "fat"?
Don't confuse me with them. I never do anything like that.
Old 16th May 2020
Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about. It had two preamp tubes and that was it. Part of its sound was analog (the tone stack) but a large other part of it (no, not just the effect section) was digital. Comparing it to the Hook amp (which is in fact fully analog) is apples and oranges.

And yes, I have actually seen one "in the flesh". And I even played through it.
I've always figured that the DSP was all FX, but maybe you're right. I'm pretty certain that the power amps were analog, albeit solid state. 2001 was a bit early for Class D (which technically is not digital, contrary to popular opinion. It's analog switching.)

As to the Hook being "fully analog" - how do you load IRs into an all analog amp?

Maybe that's nit picking, but....

Quote:
Don't confuse me with them. I never do anything like that.
OK, point taken. I have neither the energy or the stomach for looking through old threads to make sure, but what the hell....
Old 16th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
As to the Hook being "fully analog" - how do you load IRs into an all analog amp?
Well, I was only talking about the amp section of the Hook, should've possibly made that more clear. The idea of the Hook is extremely consequent. Keep it analog as long possible, go digital when necessary. Doesn't get much more "best of both worlds" (if you feel like going that way).
Old 16th May 2020
Gear Maniac
I removed myself and account on TGP. Since that wasn't possible in any sensible way, I just started to delete my older posts, made some new ones that made them ban me - outrageously rude stuff - otherwise it was impossible to get ones account removed.

I think it's so with all forums, if you are a contributing member which have paid them, then you seem entitled to stay along. Thank God they've finally dared to take the plunge on one or two "famous" clique hangout members, and ban them for good. Elitist people. Basically one nick that rhymed with "Hammock". People are getting numbed and blind after a while and think they have a autonomous preferential right of interpretation on all topics (incl tube amps vs amp sims) just due to their longevity on the forums, or paid supporting membership. It's just - in the end - alpha males clique hangout bitching and bickering about and towards each other. No more no less.

TGP are sure not alone on that one.

No matter what forums, and topics, all of them who's banned, are getting that, and are questioning the moderators "preferential right of interpretation". If a forum is free for attendance, there are always such things going to happen eventually. But it's the same demeanor as in every country which has strict laws about someones religion. Heresy, blasphemy, and critic of someones religion. One doesn't know or can tell that one has broken the rules until it's too late. You think you're within limits, until someone else just decides on a whim, that you've breached the limits.

I think this is basically a combinaton of cultural clash, and since it's worldwide forum members, maybe a slight chance of language barriers occuring. Like you know, the effects and origins of "Dunning-Kruger Syndrome". In that research they found out that upbringing of kids, especially in the anglo-saxian and western countries, and US in particular*, there's always that unwritten rule that "if you don't have something positive and nice to say, don't say anything, keep silent". Which will eventually have its unwelcome repercussions.

I have heard the same about the Telecaster forums TDPRI, that has been left astern and no one is moderating or monitoring it anymore. But every now and then, it seems to have cleaned up.

* since a few years back, we've seen the resurgence of forum members (all not only tgp) and moderators that belongs to the snowflake generation, and the huge amount of people that plays worship music. They can come across as a bit too sensitive and touchy.

Last edited by Honch; 17th May 2020 at 08:00 AM..
Old 19th May 2020
Here for the gear

I had issues there as well. I try to own up to something I did if it causes a problem. One time I got a warning for something I did. I was ok
with it because I was wrong.

So I contact the mod and told him I was sorry and wrong. That got me a warning for arguing. That lasted for 2 years.

Once I had a guy threaten me
and some really over the top comments. Most people would have bin banned for good. They give the guy 2 weeks and I get another warning. It
was all over something that was going on. I pointed out the truth and the lies. That was provoking.

Not to long ago it happened again. I told the truth about something when I was ask. None of this
was a secret or anything like that. I was just talking about a past issue.Warning for provoking people.

I think there are some who try to start stuff and wait for anothers to react. Hoping the reaction with get the other in trouble.

All three times it was the same mod/co founder who got me.

I know I'm no angel. I think there are favorites who can say just about anything.

This post would get me in trouble on TGP If I posted it exactly like it is here.

With me it's not all sour grapes but a lessoned learned. I'm sorry this is my first post here. I found this forum
through a search for something else and this is the thread that popped up.

I'm tired of forum that allow agenda posts. I thought I would join and check it out.

Last edited by Tweed518; 19th May 2020 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: =
Old 19th May 2020
Quote:
Well, I was only talking about the amp section of the Hook, should've possibly made that more clear. The idea of the Hook is extremely consequent. Keep it analog as long possible, go digital when necessary. Doesn't get much more "best of both worlds" (if you feel like going that way).
I was being a bit facetious.

It actually sounds like a pretty cool device, although I can't for the life of me understand why I'd need to run speaker IRs with a real amp. I guess they don't take nearly as much storage space as real cabs, but OTOH you can't sit on them, either!

One thing that I really don't understand about this "choices" mania is that back in the day artists/acts would make a point of having "their own sound"which made their music immediately identifiable to their audience and would also add a sense of continuity to an album. The better artists did tend to change their sound on a semi-regular basis, but each phase of their sonic evolution would generally last around 3 or 4 albums. A lot of that sonic continuity was based on using more or less the same gear "palette" to work from.

This "playing with tones" thing seems to work against that. To me it seems to be primarily a ruse for selling people products that they probably don't need, taking advantage of many peoples natural tendency toward GAS - and perhaps a lack of a clear vision of their artistic direction.
Old 20th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
It actually sounds like a pretty cool device, although I can't for the life of me understand why I'd need to run speaker IRs with a real amp. I guess they don't take nearly as much storage space as real cabs, but OTOH you can't sit on them, either!
There's quite some reasons to use IRs instead of real speakers and mics.
- Cheaper.
- More flexible.
- Silent recording (or silent stage) possible.
- No need for large recording spaces.
- Mobility.
- With the right tools, you can almost design custom speakers for specific needs.

Quote:
One thing that I really don't understand about this "choices" mania is that back in the day artists/acts would make a point of having "their own sound"which made their music immediately identifiable to their audience and would also add a sense of continuity to an album. The better artists did tend to change their sound on a semi-regular basis, but each phase of their sonic evolution would generally last around 3 or 4 albums. A lot of that sonic continuity was based on using more or less the same gear "palette" to work from.
That all depends on what you're doing. In case you're a session player or generally a hired gun of whatever sorts, you often can't just bring "your" sound but have to offer a whole palette of sounds.

Quote:
This "playing with tones" thing seems to work against that. To me it seems to be primarily a ruse for selling people products that they probably don't need, taking advantage of many peoples natural tendency toward GAS - and perhaps a lack of a clear vision of their artistic direction.
That might be true here and there, but there's also players with plenty of "artistic vision" using a whole plethora of different sounds all the time.
Old 20th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Cyber Twin was not, technically, a "modeler" - it was a digitally controlled analog hybrid amp. In fact it was the first commercially available digitally controlled analog hybrid amp. (The Fender PR department might have tried to pass it off as a "modeler" - I really don't remember - but by now you should know what I think of people who write ad copy.)

I guess you've never actually seen one in the "flesh", but for those who have it's obvious - the thing has little servo motors on the pots so that when you change programs the knobs actually turn themselves. Kinda neat in a geeky sort of way.
So who doesn't understand what technology?

I have a Gallien-Kruger Fusion 550 amp which is like that: Tube pre/SS PA and servos to recall "presets" on either channel. I remember some other amps which had that.
Old 21st May 2020
Gear Maniac
OTOH regarding people that have been banned from forums are going over to the next forum bickering about the other. There must be a site or other dedicated forum for those ostracized from every forum, bickering and whining about other forums mods, rules, and what the condone or condemn...

There is a cognitive bias involved. Slowly over time, if you've participated long enough, you start to - subconciously - being a little bit passive aggressive towards other people without really detecting it. For moderators, it's the same, they can't ever keep their neutrality. If some of the moderators has IRL friends that are starting to make some unwanted noise over at some forum, they just don't tell them that they're on the verge of breaking the rules. IMHO there's not too much to do about it.

FWIW if any forum has alias nicks, it's a no brainer to register a new nick - maybe even using VPN to shade the ip adresses, and country - and start to "troll post" again. You can start several other ones and start arguing with yourself (called concern troll) if you have too much time on your hands. It's not rocket science.

- -- - - - - - - - -

Me myself is not of that type that holding grudges. If I am banned I just move on it's not worth joining again, because I know a new ban will eventually occur with the new nick. I do not spill my guts out on other forums, about the other forum I got banned from. Like it is life-threatening or something, or if I lost a lot of money from it. Being that Drama Queen diva about it.

Just move on.
Old 21st May 2020
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweed518 View Post
So I contact the mod and told him I was sorry and wrong. That got me a warning for arguing. That lasted for 2 years.

Not to long ago it happened again. I told the truth about something when I was ask. None of this
was a secret or anything like that. I was just talking about a past issue.Warning for provoking people.

I think there are some who try to start stuff and wait for anothers to react. Hoping the reaction with get the other in trouble.

All three times it was the same mod/co founder who got me.

I'm tired of forum that allow agenda posts. I thought I would join and check it out.
Well there you have it. Just the same as I told about before, the blasphemy. If you ask what was wrong, and you don't get a reply from the moderators on their verdict, how can you ever know what was going on, or what really went wrong? So you can adapt next time? They do very obviously very conciously about that, so they always have the upper hand on you, and does not need to, wants to, or have to explaing EXACTLY and explicitly of what kind of wording you made, or slur, or sentences that you have to work on and be better at.

How should you know what to hone in, if you don't get told?

It's like they want to have that upper hand on you, so they can ban you or anyone else anytime, just for the sake of it, instead of constructive criticism and allow you to shape, ramp up your language. And especially when you point out to them that another nick was allowed through who made the same slur, or rant, or whatever that was supposed to breaking the rules, they wont reply, don't need or have to, because they are caught with their pants down that they don't treat or judge all nicks equally. But hands to your heart, have you ever seen any soccer, hockey, tennis match where the players has not questioned the judges/referees verdict at least once?

Wont happen.
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honch View Post
It's like they want to have that upper hand on you, so they can ban you or anyone else anytime, just for the sake of it, instead of constructive criticism and allow you to shape, ramp up your language. And especially when you point out to them that another nick was allowed through who made the same slur, or rant, or whatever that was supposed to breaking the rules, they wont reply, don't need or have to, because they are caught with their pants down that they don't treat or judge all nicks equally.
Fwiw, it's exactly the same here. Just not every bit as bad.
If anything, diplomacy should possibly be the strongest force of moderators. It just so happens that it often seems to be their weakest spot.
Old 21st May 2020
Here for the gear

If you read the rules/terms over there they say they can ban/warnings you for whatever they want regardless of the other written terms.

Best I can do it try to keep my actions in check or stop going there.

I don't think I'm bickering just contributing to the topic

Last edited by Tweed518; 21st May 2020 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: #
Old 28th May 2020
Quote:
There's quite some reasons to use IRs instead of real speakers and mics.
- Cheaper.
- More flexible.
- Silent recording (or silent stage) possible.
- No need for large recording spaces.
- Mobility.
- With the right tools, you can almost design custom speakers for specific needs.

That all depends on what you're doing. In case you're a session player or generally a hired gun of whatever sorts, you often can't just bring "your" sound but have to offer a whole palette of sounds.

That might be true here and there, but there's also players with plenty of "artistic vision" using a whole plethora of different sounds all the time.
If I was paying a guy to show up for a studio gig and he showed up with a bunch of sims and IRs I'd almost certainly send him home unless I had a [I]really[I] good reason not to. A really, REALLY good reason.

Generally speaking, if I bring in a "hired gun" it's because I know him and know what he does and I'm bringing him in for that. I'm not paying for him to "play with sounds" on a computer on my dime.

If you're in a studio there's no need for "silent recording".

If you're in a studio you have an adequate "recording space" or you're wasting your money on the wrong studio.

In the studio you probably don't have (time) budget to waste on "designing custom (fake) speakers." And with the time you'd waste you might as well just hire in the right cab in the first place.

"Mobility". Take a cab. It worked for Tommy Tedesco.

"More flexible" Another waste of time and money. If you don't know the sound you need for a track the studio (with the clock running) is NOT the time to figure it out. Dig it - this whole "more flexibility/unlimited choice" is just a ruse to sell stuff. Even at my little place we have a sufficient assortment of amps to cover at least 90% of anything we might need. And if I'm paying a hired gun I EXPECT him to have what he needs when he walks in the door.

"Cheaper". Sure, if you're an amateur. A pro is gonna have what he needs to get the job done.

If you're a hired gun you get gigs off your track record. People who hire you choose YOU because you're known for certain things. You're not getting hired to play with toys on somebody else's dime.
Old 28th May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honch View Post
OTOH regarding people that have been banned from forums are going over to the next forum bickering about the other. There must be a site or other dedicated forum for those ostracized from every forum, bickering and whining about other forums mods, rules, and what the condone or condemn...

There is a cognitive bias involved. Slowly over time, if you've participated long enough, you start to - subconciously - being a little bit passive aggressive towards other people without really detecting it. For moderators, it's the same, they can't ever keep their neutrality. If some of the moderators has IRL friends that are starting to make some unwanted noise over at some forum, they just don't tell them that they're on the verge of breaking the rules. IMHO there's not too much to do about it.

FWIW if any forum has alias nicks, it's a no brainer to register a new nick - maybe even using VPN to shade the ip adresses, and country - and start to "troll post" again. You can start several other ones and start arguing with yourself (called concern troll) if you have too much time on your hands. It's not rocket science.

- -- - - - - - - - -

Me myself is not of that type that holding grudges. If I am banned I just move on it's not worth joining again, because I know a new ban will eventually occur with the new nick. I do not spill my guts out on other forums, about the other forum I got banned from. Like it is life-threatening or something, or if I lost a lot of money from it. Being that Drama Queen diva about it.

Just move on.
Most sites don't seem to use it now, but there is a way to ban somebody permanently that is not tied to a screen name, based on their location. For awhile in the days of DSL there was a problem because a lot of subscribers had "floating" IPs than changed with every reboot but that's long gone - which is how advertisers and many other online entities track you across the entire internet. The same technology - which is not very difficult - can be used to ban users on forums. Some time back I was a mod on a private forum and was in charge of riding herd on people who didn't follow the rules. When somebody became too big a PITA we'd just IP ban them, in most cases it worked.
Old 28th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
If I was paying a guy to show up for a studio gig and he showed up with a bunch of sims and IRs I'd almost certainly send him home unless I had a [I]really[I] good reason not to. A really, REALLY good reason.
Again, you show that you don't seem to have much of an idea about how things are done these days. Plenty of guys go for digital solutions these days. Maybe still not on most guitar centric productions, but for lots of other things.

Quote:
Generally speaking, if I bring in a "hired gun" it's because I know him and know what he does and I'm bringing him in for that. I'm not paying for him to "play with sounds" on a computer on my dime.
Why would anyone play around with a computer? There's plenty of hardware modelers.

Quote:
If you're in a studio there's no need for "silent recording".

If you're in a studio you have an adequate "recording space" or you're wasting your money on the wrong studio.
See above, you seem to have little of an idea about how plenty of things are done today.

Quote:
"More flexible" Another waste of time and money. If you don't know the sound you need for a track the studio (with the clock running) is NOT the time to figure it out.
So why do session players usually bring tons of amps and such? Because they need the flexibility. But when using a modeler and/or IRs, flexibility is now something not needed?

Quote:
"Cheaper". Sure, if you're an amateur. A pro is gonna have what he needs to get the job done.
There's not much money in this business anymore.
And again, your accusing modeler users as amateurs - which is again proving... well, you know it already. Business as usual.

Quote:
If you're a hired gun you get gigs off your track record. People who hire you choose YOU because you're known for certain things. You're not getting hired to play with toys on somebody else's dime.
And yet again...

Seriously, John, you should stop talking about things you have absolutely no clue about.

Last edited by Sascha Franck; 28th May 2020 at 11:09 AM..
Old 28th May 2020
Here for the gear
Ironically this thread now reads like something on TGP
Old 28th May 2020
And on that bombshell...
Closed
Topic:
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear