The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
upgrading from mxr carbon copy delay pedal
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

upgrading from mxr carbon copy delay pedal

I think the MXR carbon copy delay is my favorite sounding delay so far.

Finding that perfect delay pedal has been harder than I thought!

I've tried strymon and Chase Bliss Audio. I preferred the carbon copy. I also have a dod 680 but that thing takes up a of real estate so far the mxr carbon copy is the best.

where can i go from here if i want to upgrade to a similar sounding delay with more options?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

I love the Carbon Copy! I'm on my second right now, my first had the switch go out on it... but I haven't gotten rid of it, just dragging my heels on getting it fixed.

I'm a bit of an analog delay junkie and I've gone through MANY. Carbon Copy stays in my live rig because it's simple, rugged, and sounds great. My home recording rig, though, uses the Way Huge Echo-Puss, and if you like the Carbon Copy, you'll probably REALLY like that one. It has similar gooey analog vibe, high-cut, modulation that you can tweak... it's essentially a very tweakable CC. And it's barely any more expensive! Not quite as rugged, so I don't use it live, but it's a phenomenal pedal for the money.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I just found out about and ordered the carbon copy deluxe. can't believe it took them something like a decade to figure that one out lol.

Pedals are an addiction
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneshowell View Post
I just found out about and ordered the carbon copy deluxe. can't believe it took them something like a decade to figure that one out lol.

Pedals are an addiction
Loll. Yeah I was gonna say there’s a deluxe version now.
I’ve been meaning to try that one myself.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

I love my Carbon Copy. I was going to suggest taking a look at the Vapor Trail pedal by Seymour Duncan, but it looks like you already ordered that Carbon Copy Deluxe. The Vapor Trail is pretty much the same size as the Carbon Copy with similar tones. What I like about it though, is it has a flashing light that blinks the tempo, which is great.

Let us know how the Carbon Copy Deluxe works out for you. I had been meaning to try one of those out.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Pedals are subjective, and delay pedals are incredibly subjective. You really have to play them in your rig to see if it works for your style. I have an Ibanez Mini AD9 Delay for short slapback to replace an original AD9 that's no longer road-worthy, and they sound the same. For longer delays, I like the Tape setting on my Flashback, but also like that it has other options. But if I were looking to replace it, I might look at the Keeley Eccoes Delay or others with a tap tempo (I have the original flashback without separate tap).
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I pulled out my chase bliss audio tonal recall again. That pedal is so nice but it just doesn't have the same kind of gooey sound at the end that the carbon copy has so I combined them together turning the delay down almost all the way on the carbon copy but leaving the modulation on and using the delay on the tonal recall and I'm getting the tone that I like the best from that.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Meris Polymoon is well worth a listen
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search