Show Us Some Les Pauls!!
Old 10th January 2020
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!

Show us!
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-1i8e0049.jpg  
Old 10th January 2020
Lives for gear

Funny you should bring that up. I dropped in to Epiphone Talk last night just to see what it was all about, and the "Show Your Guitar" was just one same Les Paul after another same one. I don't get Les Pauls. I don't get them at all.

But I love Juniors, the cheaper the better.

Maybe someone here can explain it to me.
Old 11th January 2020
Please, not all at one time people.
Old 11th January 2020
Cool, eternalsound! Thanks for this awesome thread! I know Les Pauls are quite unpopular and are real hard to come by for posting, but I have one to throw in too!!

I'm going to go create the same thread at the "Better Homes and Gardens" forum site so maybe in the end at least one or two will show up.

Isn't comradery a wonderful thing??

Old 11th January 2020
Lives for snowflakes

Old 11th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
Double cool! Thanks!
Old 11th January 2020
Gear Nut

Love me some Pauls! Deez mine!
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-527a064b-2505-4fd4-bdf1-ba7ebcae8539.jpeg  
Old 11th January 2020
Lives for gear

Old 11th January 2020
Gear Maniac

1983 Les Paul Custom "Black Beauty," 2000 Historic 59RI, and a 2007 J-180 Everly Brothers acoustic.
Old 12th January 2020
Lives for gear

A few of mine. The other couple of dozen will post some time later - too much work
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-_mg_8043.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-_mg_8055.jpg  
Old 12th January 2020
Yuri's the man!!!

Old 12th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Mine is different
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-img_20200111_144217035.jpg  
Old 12th January 2020
1956 Goldtop, I bought in the 90's, and sold a few years back. Freakishly clean; people thought it was a re-issue, so clean. It came from under the original owner's bed, literally. He played it a few times in '56, and put it away. It's new home is in a nice collection of 50's Pauls, where it belongs. I bought it because my first really good guitar was a '68 GT just like this one, but I rarely took this one to gigs. A guy made an offer that I couldn't refuse.

The Cherry Burst is a 90's Classic Plus with Wizz Premium Clone PAFs and some 50's parts. Great guitar! Get's played a lot. Lightweight, but solid as granite. One of the best Pauls I've ever owned. And those Wizz PAF's... I've had more than a few PAF guitars, and although they all vibe a bit differently, the Wizz PAFs are way into that ballpark, no doubt. IMHO, the best of the clones.

Old 12th January 2020
Lives for gear

HOLY MOLY, kennybro! Thanks for that shot of the back. That is one gorgeous one-piece chunk of mahogany.
Old 12th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by enorbet2 View Post
HOLY MOLY, kennybro! Thanks for that shot of the back. That is one gorgeous one-piece chunk of mahogany.
Thanks, sure is! One of the nicest backs I've ever seen on a Paul. Wish I could have just kept it around, but economically unfeasible, you know. I was happy to have it for some years.

Oddly enough, it was not a terribly amazing player's guitar. It was very good, but I've got better. That 90's Classic is, overall, a much better gigging guitar. I've played a number of 58 and 59 Bursts, and this wannabe stands tall in their presence. And, I've got a '59 Tele that blows it away on the gig; like going from an old Cadillac to a Vintage Jaguar XKE.

I suppose many people who have owned 50's P90 Goldtops have come to this same conclusion, which would account for their general absence from the gigging scene over the past 50 years. People want and value them, but generally don't use them a whole lot. The '57 GT, with its PAF's, is a different animal altogether, getting much closer to a '58 Burst, and valued accordingly.
Old 12th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
1956 Goldtop, I bought in the 90's, and sold a few years back. Freakishly clean; people thought it was a re-issue, so clean. It came from under the original owner's bed, literally. He played it a few times in '56, and put it away. It's new home is in a nice collection of 50's Pauls, where it belongs. I bought it because my first really good guitar was a '68 GT just like this one, but I rarely took this one to gigs. A guy made an offer that I couldn't refuse.

The Cherry Burst is a 90's Classic Plus with Wizz Premium Clone PAFs and some 50's parts. Great guitar! Get's played a lot. Lightweight, but solid as granite. One of the best Pauls I've ever owned. And those Wizz PAF's... I've had more than a few PAF guitars, and although they all vibe a bit differently, the Wizz PAFs are way into that ballpark, no doubt. IMHO, the best of the clones.

Fargin' sweet!!
Old 12th January 2020
Gear Head
I love Les Pauls. I have one from Burny, I believe itโ€™s somewhere from 80/90s. Made in Korea I think, just acquired it recently. Itโ€™s totally different from a Gibson LP, this one has a bolt-on neck and is super light and comfortable to play. Works perfectly, sounds great and sustains like crazy.

Iโ€™ve since changed the poti knobs to vintage looking black ones, and inserted a rhythm/treble sticker on the pick-up selector. Itโ€™s not here with me now so no photos of those.

For the price I paid (roughly $350) I couldnโ€™t be happier with the purchase. I know it looks a lil ghetto compared to some nice Gibsons with the nice finishes and bindings etc, but I connected with this guitar from the second I had it in my hands.
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-aa7ad252-0453-4dc8-b709-916ff536b17a.jpg  
Old 12th January 2020
Lives for gear

After not playing for about 10 years. I've finally bought myself a new electric guitar. Was looking at a Strat, but settled on this Les Paul. I bought it to play and like the red and black color scheme.
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-gibson_guitar.jpg  
Old 12th January 2020
Lives for gear

Well I wish I'd taken a photo of the back since though not quite as perfect as kennybro's actual 50's era Les Paul, the mongrel '54 Reissue I once owned did have gorgeous tone woods and did sound but also play exceptionally awesome. I played seven of them and chose this one. I'm also sorry this photo is a stinkin' Polaroid taken on my bed in 1972 but it's all I have left of it (and here I promised myself I wasn't gonna cry )

Old 12th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
Little dude has his first groupie!
Old 12th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by enorbet2 View Post
...the mongrel '54 Reissue I once owned did have gorgeous tone woods and did sound but also play exceptionally awesome. I played seven of them and chose this one.
Yes, those are cool. I really like the look of P90's on a sunburst finish. Kind of traditional LP vibe with a little more sport in it. Humbuckers are such serious machine-like devices.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lame pseudonym View Post

I don't get Les Pauls. I don't get them at all.

But I love Juniors, the cheaper the better.

Maybe someone here can explain it to me.
Fully weighted Les Paul Custom....she (they) are like those certain girls you find....the ones that feel PERFECT in your hands, on your lap, strapped around your shoulders. It's cool that your tastes are different.

I don't get the same feel from old Deluxes. Sometimes close with old Standards.

But Customs.....yummy.

I've held a few Juniors. Don't like em. If I'm going for that neighborhood, I pretty much have to pick up an SG. Not the same, I know....but that's what I'd do.

As to sound.....I can make most any of them do what I need.

But when a guitar feels like home in your hands, you've got it made.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri Kogan View Post
A few of mine. The other couple of dozen will post some time later - too much work
That Amber Paul is sexy
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoir View Post
That Amber Paul is sexy
The one in the second pic? Its just a mid-90s Standard. Freak tone-wise, my favourite out the whole lot. It has been "slightly modified": Pigtail Tailpiece, AMB bridge (or is it Faber - i need to check), Bone nut, paper-in-oil caps. The pickups are Throbak SLE-101 MXV (?). So, nothing major but its my go to in every case.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
The one in the second pic?
the flame top
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
the flame top
They both kinda are. The one in the first pic is one of the "slightly" modified R9's
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
They both kinda are. The one in the first pic is one of the "slightly" modified R9's
The amber one that is between the translucent white p90 special and the dark burst studio

very nice
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
The amber one that is between the translucent white p90 special and the dark burst studio

very nice
Yeap, that's the 90s standard
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Head

Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

All mahogany 2002 R8.
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-r8m3s.jpg  
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
โ™พ๏ธ Similar Threads
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear