The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!
Old 3rd May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
That being said...

...My favorite SG player was this girl:

Sister Rosetta is indeed awesome for her time but since she played essentially "accompaniment guitar" I think this lady is more representative of a serious SG player

Old 3rd May 2020
Lives for snowflakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by enorbet2 View Post
Sister Rosetta is indeed awesome for her time but since she played essentially "accompaniment guitar"
My point is that Sister Rosetta was an "early adopter" of the SG, and was WAY ahead of her time in many other respects as well.

I do not wish to (in any way) detract from Brittany Howard's honor, but at the same time let's not forget that Brittany was born 15 years AFTER Sister Rosetta died!

...So I think props are in order.
Old 29th May 2020
Lives for gear
Gibson Les Paul 1976 Custom
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-unknown.jpeg  
Old 3rd June 2020
Here for the gear

Weimann Les Paul Goldtop

Old 4th June 2020
Here for the gear

I just picked up this 2017 Les Paul Custom this morning from a local guy I found on Reverb. Cost $3300.. no tax, no shipping.. just a cash in hand transaction.

This will be my first Gibson.
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-img_20200603_030027_965.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-20200603_201544.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-20200603_201557.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-20200603_112307.jpg  
Old 7th June 2020
Lives for gear

Finally getting around to posting some photos.

First pic shows my 4 LP's.

From left to right in the pic:
  • My latest build which is 59 spec, but I slimmed the neck down to about .78 and is asymmetrical. Goal was to recreate the feel of my favorite 80s Charvel/Jackson Model 6's. 1 Piece Mahogany body and neck. Quilted maple top and fretboard, burl maple veneer on the headstock. Active EMG "Het Set" for pickups.
  • 2017 Les Paul Custom flame maple wine red 490/498
  • 1988 Les Paul Custom with Bill Lawrence "circuit board" pickups
  • My first build - Pretty "cheap" kit with TonePro's TOM, Bustbucker Pros

Some detailed shots of the fist one that I'm still putting the finishing touches on, plus a gratuitous shot of the the Japanese shredders at the end.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-les-pauls.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-guitar-1.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-guitar-2.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-guitar-6.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-guitar-3.jpg  

Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-guitar-5.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-guitar-7.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-g2-6.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-g2-2.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-g3.jpg  

Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-g1.jpg   Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-guitar-8.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Finally got around to taking a pic and posting it up.

Love this guitar. Might not be a β€œreal” Les Paul, but it sounds great, and plays real nice, so .. yeah.
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Some Les Pauls!!-da5e5004-c30a-4fe7-acb1-55420e308c4a.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

L-R: One of a kind CR4 Custom Historic. Black front, red back, 1980 Standard (My first LP), 1972 Custom and a 1958 Les Paul Standard
Front Row is a Godsmack Les Paul that came with black neck binding so I added body binding myself, put in an old Super Distortion and did a relic'd goldtop finish on it.

πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear