The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kemper vs Fender Deluxe Reverb
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascha Franck View Post
No. Why would that be an insult? I explained why I find the tone horrible. And I'd take any bet that pretty much anyone into guitar tones would find it just as horrible.
Add to this that, at least given any "normal" standards, your damping and legato techniques leave quite a lot to be desired and things aren't getting much better.
To call someone's tone horrible, you have to demonstrate how it should be done. Then you are an authority. This way you are a nasty troll.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri Kogan View Post
(kids these days - too much time on junk food in mom's basement).
Talking about making a fool out of yourself, eh?
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Like I said Sascha, you remind me of Adolf Hitler the way you viciously run as the divine dictator over this and other threads. Nobody can get an inch in here or anywhere else in your self proclaimed "realms" without your crude disrespectful comments and constant lording over them.

You should be banned!
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
To call someone's tone horrible, you have to demonstrate how it should be done. Then you are an authority. This way you are a nasty troll.
I have posted some files. Feel free to call them whatever you like.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

Se what I mean???? Yuri is a KIND MAN!!! Leave him alone!!
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Me. Several decades of full contact martial arts, black belts in 3 of them. Fit as a fiddle, feed myself like my body is a temple. Am a workaholic so that keeps my brains intact. Have several uni degrees, done school in 4 languages, in 4 different countries with flying colours.
You?
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have posted some files. Feel free to call them whatever you like.
Files? You mean those noodle-snippets? You are a professional, aren't you? Or so you say. And keep telling other people what you think of them, like it matters?
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Files? You mean those noodle-snippets? You are a professional, aren't you? Or so you say. And keep telling other people what you think of them, like it matters?
I haven't been the one to start the name calling. It's been that eternalsound guy, it's been you and whom not. You were the one to prove Godwin's law and all that as well. So take a look into the mirror before you come up with yet some more nonsense.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Me. Several decades of full contact martial arts, black belts in 3 of them. Fit as a fiddle, feed myself like my body is a temple. Am a workaholic so that keeps my brains intact. Have several uni degrees, done school in 4 languages, in 4 different countries with flying colours.
Unfortunately none of that seems to translate well to your communication skills.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalsound View Post
Like I said Sascha, you remind me of Adolf Hitler the way you viciously run as the divine dictator over this and other threads.
There we are. Yet again.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
There we are. Yet again.
Bully!!
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
You?
What hast that to wo with anything?!?
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderboy View Post
For really really good 70ies inspired more modern guitar soun dlisten to the "Legend" album by Witchcraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRCz3srlsmQ

Fantastic guitar sound.
very retro - real amps, I'd wager? the rythm tone feels quite saggy
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Unfortunately none of that seems to translate well to your communication skills.
Get to the point. You are a troll. You are a barely competent player, from the snippets posted, you are rude to everyone, but dislike being talked back to. That's what I see. But you seem to keep who you are, what you are, where you've been... a secret. We are all one happy family here. Tell me more, i am oh so curious.
Was that communicated clear enough?
Old 9th January 2020
Quote:
Like I said Sascha, you remind me of Adolf Hitler...
And we have achieved Godwin! Thread can now die and go to archives heaven... to be exhumed ten years from now. The "dynamic" should be significantly altered by then.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderboy View Post
What hast that to wo with anything?!?
The idiot called me a fool. He (or she) had an explanation of some of my credentials. Now its his/her turn. Is he/she a fool?
See we are way past niceties here, cause Sascha couldn't keep his/her mouth shut for long and gone rude again.
Not that it matters.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannis View Post
A little boring i would say. But others may like it
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

You are INSULTING Yuri??? How can you possibly still be here??? AMazing!!
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
And we have achieved Godwin! Thread can now die and go to archives heaven... to be exhumed ten years from now. The "dynamic" should be significantly altered by then.
Yes we will all be playing Kemper 6 by then, I will be up to 500 tube amps, all to be used for profile purposes only. Which would ensure me a happy retirement.
And we are 2:1 ahead
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
The idiot called me a fool. He (or she) had an explanation of some of my credentials. Now its his/her turn. Is he/she a fool?
See we are way past niceties here, cause Sascha couldn't keep his/her mouth shut for long and gone rude again.
Not that it matters.
Now Sascha called Yuri a FOOL. ?? What is this place coming to??
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannis View Post
Real amps, but not recorded to tape but to harddisk (whereas in the albums before Legend they had a MUCH more oldschool tone and were recorded to tape)
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Get to the point. You are a troll. You are a barely competent player, from the snippets posted, you are rude to everyone, but dislike being talked back to. That's what I see. But you seem to keep who you are, what you are, where you've been... a secret. We are all one happy family here. Tell me more, i am oh so curious.
Was that communicated clear enough?
Yes, you're making even more of a fool out of yourself.

First of, while I know that I'm not the worlds greatest player, while I also know that there's several way younger kids running circles around me in terms of playing technique, I do as well know that I am a pretty competent player and there's absolutely no way around it.
Fyi: I have studied music at the "Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hannover" (you can google the institution up if you feel like) and have finished it with a degree. Even just getting in there involves an entry test including listening skill tests, live playing, sight reading, melody and harmony transcription, etc. Obviously, all these are part of the 4 years of studying, too.
Nobody who isn't at least a decently competent player will get in there or through that. Period.

I hate patting myself on the back more than anything else, but that is just what things are like.

In other words: You are completely making this up for whatever reasons, one of them likely being that you lack of better communication skills. Which - and I'm very serious here - is quite sad, because when I read some of your comments a while back for the first time, I did think you were quite biased but yet a cool and sort of funny person. In other words: Someone to at least get along with in a forum.
But ever since you did come up with your Hitlerism (perfectily proving Godwin's law, just as your comrade-in-spirit eternalsound), blamed whatever I was posting for whatever reasons, called me names and now finally try to dismiss my playing for whomever-knows-why reasons.

Depending on whatever you may reply, I will perhaps give this another thought, but it's very likely that I am completely done with you. I know, that likely won't bother you. I'm also quite sure that any reply you might come up with will be as nasty as the last ones, so go for it, have the last word, etc.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, you're making even more of a fool out of yourself.

First of, while I know that I'm not the worlds greatest player, while I also know that there's several way younger kids running circles around me in terms of playing technique, I do as well know that I am a pretty competent player and there's absolutely no way around it.
Fyi: I have studied music at the "Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hannover" (you can google the institution up if you feel like) and have finished it with a degree. Even just getting in there involves an entry test including listening skill tests, live playing, sight reading, melody and harmony transcription, etc. Obviously, all these are part of the 4 years of studying, too.
Nobody who isn't at least a decently competent player will get in there or through that. Period.

I hate patting myself on the back more than anything else, but that is just what things are like.

In other words: You are completely making this up for whatever reasons, one of them likely being that you lack of better communication skills. Which - and I'm very serious here - is quite sad, because when I read some of your comments a while back for the first time, I did think you were quite biased but yet a cool and sort of funny person. In other words: Someone to at least get along with in a forum.
But ever since you did come up with your Hitlerism (perfectily proving Godwin's law, just as your comrade-in-spirit eternalsound), blamed whatever I was posting for whatever reasons, called me names and now finally try to dismiss my playing for whomever-knows-why reasons.

Depending on whatever you may reply, I will perhaps give this another thought, but it's very likely that I am completely done with you. I know, that likely won't bother you. I'm also quite sure that any reply you might come up with will be as nasty as the last ones, so go for it, have the last word, etc.
Didn't quite understand it all - you are obviously upset, (may be need some meds and breathing), but its an interesting info on your musical credentials.
Good to know, relax and keep going. Interesting to know more.
Ah , and not many people called me cool. I am too direct for that and to the point. Its the truth for me, I dont like beating about the bush
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Interesting you're defensiveness on that. Quite revealing actually. Thanks is all I can say.

Now, the tone. If you don't like that tone we have to agree to disagree. You are mostly likely much younger than me. I am into the vintage Jimmy Page nasty sort of classic rock tone. You are mostly likely into modern death tones and Ramstein (however that is spelled) stuff.

The funny thing is .. you then think the stuff you post sounds good when it is absolutely awful. Unlike you ...I can "play" too - which explains your quick defensiveness.

It must be a personal preference thing. Me no like Jimmy Page tone either. Too trebbly. Too rock-a-billy influenced. Richie Blackmore had much better tone. Much more fuller sounding.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by madseason View Post
I believe a nice small tube amp( princeton for instance) will sound a bit better than Kemper clean when recorded properly. Which shouldn't be rocket science. Sm57 paired with a ribbon should sound really good. But you can get big rock tones with Kemper, with a princeton, I'm not sure.

Kemper definitely doesn't sound better or %100 as good as a real tube amp imo, I have to say that. Difference is tube amps have that sweet top end. But Kemper still sounds damn good and is consistent, versatile and super convenient. You can record at night, make last minute decisions easily.

I have no clue, lol. I'm waiting for the NAMM next week, there are rumors about Kemper 2. Then probably will buy one of the two and focus on the music.
Just some thoughts:
Kemper can do rock tones no problem. Friend of mine, professional guitarist, plays mostly rock, modifies his own amps and has a nice collection of amps from standard to custom made, visited me some time ago to try the Kemper. I borrowed it to him for a week and when he brought it back he had recorded an album with the Kemper in this week and bought himself one.

Real amps can sound fantastic, of course, but recorded at home in an untreated room...in my experience the Kemper has the better sound (and I had tube amps at home and sold them after I bought the Kemper because it sounded better with the Kemper).

Also, although it is not too much of a hassle to record an amp at home, it is still most of the time faster to use a sim. Just have a look who posted soundexamples here in this forum. You will find sounds that are very usable and production ready by "sim guys" and you will not find production ready sounds made at home from "amp guys". Wonder why that is

Regarding Kemper 2: Nah, won´t happen a long time. They just brought out the Stage and won´t present something with new technology soon.
Have a look at other products by Christoph Kemper. The latest Acces Virus synth is from 2008 or something!

Also, Neural DSP will present something in the next hours/days. Quite possible a hardware modeller. And I really like their software. So maybe wait a little and try that thing (or test their software in the meantime..but you need an iLok for that).
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
It must be a personal preference thing. Me no like Jimmy Page tone either. Too trebbly. Too rock-a-billy influenced. Richie Blackmore had much better tone. Much more fuller sounding.
Yea, I really like that ..as you say high treble "rock-a-billy" sound. To me the ideal sound is a Marshall Plexi on 10 - all volume based tube gain. Things have changed a lot in "tone", but I'm back with loud and raw British type tones.

I dislike, for the most-part "distortion" that comes from pushing a pre-amp myself.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Didn't quite understand it all - you are obviously upset, (may be need some meds and breathing), but its an interesting info on your musical credentials.
Good to know, relax and keep going. Interesting to know more.
Ah , and not many people called me cool. I am too direct for that and to the point. Its the truth for me, I dont like beating about the bush
See, you can instantly get it from my playing that - while not the most badass hot gun slinger in the world - I am still far from being an incompetent player. Yet, you've chosen to blame my playing. You possibly couldn't have chosen a worse thing - because I am pretty confident about the things I can play (and, fwiw, just as confident about the things I can't play and never ever will be). I could as well back this up by whatever clips that have received very positive comments all throughout from pretty critical folks.
So, in a nutshell, that was an uber-low blow of yours.

In any kind of a decent discussion, as heated as it might get, you need to acknowledge what others are able to do. Or, if you criticize them, bring up proper reasons why you are doing so. These are some more or less golden rules. And they're way, way more important than being polite or whatever. I'm the last person you'd call everybody's darling. And I don't even want to be that. I also don't expect others to be polite all throughout. I can take a lot and usually there's absolutely no hard feelings left. But I expect people to stick with these golden rules. Otherwise any discussion is completely fruitless.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
I remember reading somewhere Ledzep had ties to the mafia. I'd be careful what you say about them. There are videos of their manager shaking out a bigger pay from the stadium owner
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yea, I really like that ..as you say high treble "rock-a-billy" sound. To me the ideal sound is a Marshall Plexi on 10 - all volume based tube gain. Things have changed a lot in "tone", but I'm back with loud and raw British type tones.

I dislike, for the most-part "distortion" that comes from pushing a pre-amp myself.
Marshall on 10!! Now your talking
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
See, you can instantly get it from my playing that - while not the most badass hot gun slinger in the world - I am still far from being an incompetent player. Yet, you've chosen to blame my playing. You possibly couldn't have chosen a worse thing - because I am pretty confident about the things I can play (and, fwiw, just as confident about the things I can't play and never ever will be). I could as well back this up by whatever clips that have received very positive comments all throughout from pretty critical folks.
So, in a nutshell, that was an uber-low blow of yours.

In any kind of a decent discussion, as heated as it might get, you need to acknowledge what others are able to do. Or, if you criticize them, bring up proper reasons why you are doing so. These are some more or less golden rules. And they're way, way more important than being polite or whatever. I'm the last person you'd call everybody's darling. And I don't even want to be that. I also don't expect others to be polite all throughout. I can take a lot and usually there's absolutely no hard feelings left. But I expect people to stick with these golden rules. Otherwise any discussion is completely fruitless.
Oh, the discussion has to cool down from all contributors, and instead of mafia style attacks turn to a proper discussion.
Everyone has a point of view which can be respected, if not necessarily agreed with. If enough attention is given to everyone's view, no-one would be offended and we will all learn something
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search