The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio Acoustic Guitar Comparable to OM-28?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Studio Acoustic Guitar Comparable to OM-28?

I'm looking for a good studio acoustic guitar (for recordings mostly) for a reasonable price. I played a Martin OM-28 a couple weeks ago and it was a dream but at $5,000 after tax (CAD) it just does not seem all that worth it to me. Is there any guitar that even comes close to this sound and feel for half or less the price? I've heard good things about Alvarez and Larrivee but would like to get some specific recommendations to models closer to the OM-28.

Also speaking of Alvarez, can anyone identify this model? It has the look and shape of the Alvarez 5072 Jumbo but would they really be recording a laminate in the studio? Is there an all wood version that shares this look or the OM look? I know the Masterbuilt series is supposed to be good but I'm not a fan of the pickguard shapes

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Studio Acoustic Guitar Comparable to OM-28?-e83919600743c0f9cd247ea55c519ad3.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Furch seem to be getting a ton of good press at the minute (make of that what you will) but I've never played one TBH.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You could try an OM-21, new or used. Rosewood back and sides.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I have a Larrivée OM-03R and it sounds incredible. Mine has a rosewood back and sides, sounds bright and punchy. It is perfect for finger picking or bluegrass. I think the regular 03 with the mahogany back will sound a bit warmer and better for strumming. They definitely would be in the league of the Martin for half the price.
Old 6 days ago
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search