The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
2019 - Your favorite multi-effects for clean tones?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

2019 - Your favorite multi-effects for clean tones?

My old trusty Vox Tonelab Le is finally going out on me.
I’m looking for a multi effects unit to run strait into an amp, I’m using a Fender Tweed Blues Jr. and a Telecaster. Mostly I’ll miss the compressor and octave effect on my Tonelab. My sound is pretty natural, clean amp tones with a little dirt/bite and need a natural sounding octave down as I like a deeper, thicker sound for some stuff. Compressor is very important. Other sounds I use are reverse delay, and a Trower-Esque uni-vibe type of drive. Most of my music is clean, smooth tones, my analog pedals bring the dirt.

Looking for natural, not too processed sounding. At this point, my interest are either the Headrush Gigboard or the Boss Gt-100. The 20 minute looping time on the Headrush would be nice, but sound quality is my priority. I’ve got other analog pedals for some stuff, and also use a little Line6 M5 for delay and Chorus.

Anything I should be looking at in 2019?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

My friend swears by the Boss

Have you looked at the Helix? I tried the in the box version and I thought the FX section was pretty wonderful. Moreso than the amp sims actually.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Well, the Dark Sun is a great reverb & delay pedal for wilder sounds. I also love my Line 6 HX Effects, which is like a Helix, but smaller and without amp models.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
My friend swears by the Boss

Have you looked at the Helix? I tried the in the box version and I thought the FX section was pretty wonderful. Moreso than the amp sims actually.
I’ve been listening to demos. The M5 has some of the wilder effects, but I haven’t played the Helix stuff, I understand that it’s newer modeling though. Yea, don’t need the amp sims, I dig my amp sound.

I’m really drawn to the GT100, Johnny Marr uses it and that’s somewhat my guitar style, but those guys can make anything sound good. Ha! It’s important for me to be able to setup sounds for songs, certain delays and overdrives, chorus. Thanks for the input.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoobiedood View Post
Well, the Dark Sun is a great reverb & delay pedal for wilder sounds. I also love my Line 6 HX Effects, which is like a Helix, but smaller and without amp models.
How’s the compressor and octave down on the HX? I’ve got one of the old whammy’s, and love the warbly vibe of it, sounds really cool with chords, but it’s too strange sounding for getting a natural lower octave that tracks well for standard sound writing. The M5 sounds too “effecty” for that sound as well.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
How’s the compressor and octave down on the HX? I’ve got one of the old whammy’s, and love the warbly vibe of it, sounds really cool with chords, but it’s too strange sounding for getting a natural lower octave that tracks well for standard sound writing. The M5 sounds too “effecty” for that sound as well.
The compressors are great, but the octave down sounds like it was ported from the M-series. It is fine to do the Whammy pedal thing, but it won't make anyone think you are playing a bass if you leave it down there.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoobiedood View Post
The Dark Sun is great. I use the Fractal AX8 which is basically a Helix, but they also make a version like the HX Effects called the FX8. It has all the effects just not the amp sims. Not sure what your price range is steelyfan.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search