The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recommend a good strap?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Recommend a good strap?

Nearest Guitarshop is a zillion miles away. Realistically I would need to order from Thomann... but a guitar strap is something that you would normally need to try on and touch and feel. Thomann has a lot but the pictures doesn’t tell much.

Any good recommendations? It doesn’t need to be the cheapest. I would rather spend 30 € extra to get a nice one. Ergonomics/comfort matters to me. And something that locks safely to the guitar.

Thanks in advance:-)

Edit: It’s for a strat.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Ibanez POWERPAD Strap GSF50 Guitar GSF50BK

From six to eights. I have several after buying expensive leather and other ones.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I like the neoprene type, very comfortable especially with a heavy guitar.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neotech-830.../dp/B000P4FLAK
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

The thread title made me LOL. I guess I'm not particular about straps.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I have a bunch of stretching elastic kind of straps in different colors. I looked at them and mine say "Hall guitars". They are adjustable and because they stretch they are pretty comfortable. I bought mine years ago but I'm sure you can still find them. Maybe I can upload pictures later.

Edit: I think they are called "Strapp". You should be able to get them at Guitar Center, Sam Ash, that type of place.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
The thread title made me LOL. I guess I'm not particular about straps.
Ha ha... well English isnt my native language ;-)
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninecows View Post
Ha ha... well English isnt my native language ;-)
sometimes I like decorative straps

I got a couple of the Bob Marley straps for my les pauls and some of the Ernie Ball straps have some really good woven patterns

not sure if that's what you're asking about.

a plain leather strap goes a long way for me too.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

My favorite is one of those skinny black Fender straps that used to come in the case with every Fender electric. This particular one was with a mint 66 Jazz bass that I bought from the mother of a kid same age as me who died in Nam, so there's some poignancy.

They enjoyed a little spike in popularity when Elvis Costello broke, and used one with his Jazzmaster.

As a practical matter, I have kinda narrow shoulders and it doesn't cut into the side of my neck like some broader straps do. And I like them because they don't look all "guitar-slinger." They're more blue collar. Populist.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

These classic style are my favorites and very comfortable. There’s no metal parts to scratch the guitar either.
Well worth the price. I use straplocks but Fender sells the rubber washer style now for a few dollars.
https://www.amazon.com/Pinegrove-Lea.../dp/B00KURCLN2
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Haha love it! This is the quality discussion I yearn for when battling my insomnia!

This is my favorite strap type, for like $6 USD. I splurged on one expensive leather strap before I realized that the most important thing in a strap for me is how much it clings vs slips against your clothing. The leather strap with it’s suede-like back would grab my shirt and move it up and down as I moved the neck around. Not cool! The slippery kind, like those seatbelt types made by Souldier, make the guitar constantly want to slip down. This kind has the slightest amount of texture which keeps it in place, but not enough to drag on my clothing at all. And they’re cheap as hell. I have them on all my guitars.

Levy's Leathers 2" Polypropylene Guitar Strap with Polyester Ends and Tri-glide Adjustment.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002PCMP4..._gmPWDbAFF2ASY
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This is a important part of your setup. Like car tyres. The right ones connect you and your instrument for comfort and security, allowing your fingers to drive an enormous riff. I prefer wide leather with some kind of lock.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy presents View Post
This is a important part of your setup. Like car tyres. The right ones connect you and your instrument for comfort and security, allowing your fingers to drive an enormous riff. I prefer wide leather with some kind of lock.
Me too. And if you can get it, a sheepskin pad on it (one of mine does). It is really comfortable, even with an old LP hanging on your shoulder.
Old 6 days ago
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

I would say get a custom one if you can afford to. I had one made years ago and it's the only one I use to this day. Wide and thick, distributes the load well. Unfortunately I have no way of remembering or tracking down the original maker, otherwise I would get an identical one made again!
Old 10 hours ago

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search