The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
building super versatile a strat pickup and trem suggestions.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
building super versatile a strat pickup and trem suggestions.

due to my recent divorce ive had to sell every guitar except my telecaster with joe bardens and my 000-18. I have a partscaster project ive laying around mim body reverse head stock warmoth neck. all that's needed are electronics. and a good trem. my local tech said he can convert it to a two post or get a good replacement drop in. like a wilkenson. also ive been looking at preloaded everything axe setups. any other suggestions
Old 1 week ago

If you have time, you should call up Wilde Bill pickups and order a Bill Lawrence designed set - noisefree or microcoil. Great sounding pickups.

-tINY

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer81 View Post
due to my recent divorce ive had to sell every guitar except my telecaster with joe bardens and my 000-18. I have a partscaster project ive laying around mim body reverse head stock warmoth neck. all that's needed are electronics. and a good trem. my local tech said he can convert it to a two post or get a good replacement drop in. like a wilkenson. also ive been looking at preloaded everything axe setups. any other suggestions
Budget?
Old 1 week ago
throw some Lindy Fralin Vintage hots in your parts caster you'll be glad you did.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by tINY View Post

If you have time, you should call up Wilde Bill pickups and order a Bill Lawrence designed set - noisefree or microcoil. Great sounding pickups.

-tINY

I don't have the strat pups but if they are anywhere near as good as their noiseless tele pups then they are absolutely fantastic.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer81 View Post
I presume you are after the SS setup? You could also specify what sound you are after, whether you want Classic, hot, micro-humbucker, noiseless..
Best noiseless from experience are Kinman, Fralin and Mojotone Quite Coil. They give you a close to classic strat tone with a reduced nise level.
My favourite classic strat pickups are made by Kline, David Allen, Don Mare, Amalfitano, Arcane and possibly Sheptone. For hotter Classic pickups look at Bare knuckles and maybe Lollar. Note that prices vary between manufacturers. David Allen give you the best bang for your buck. One lesser known classic pickup maker for classic tones is Sandford Magnetics (from Canada). Check them out.
For micro-humbackers check out the dual-rails from David Allen or Lollar, or if you are that way inclined the rang from Seymour duncan.
Wilkinson trems are ok-ish. Have a look at Gotoh, More expensive Fender and Callaham (best). Wudtone make a nice trem but its not entirely classic.
If you are looking for a lockable trem, someone here can give you advice on the best ones. I hate them, as they are alot of trouble and require routing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Another vote for Bill Lawrence noiseless Strat pickups. Handmade in California, excellent customer service, crazy low prices and you hear the character of your guitar instead of hearing the pickups.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

The Everything Axe setup is a great choice if this needs to be a very versatile guitar, which it seems like it has to be. It is more on the side of 'rock' than 'vintage strat' but still sounds great.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search