The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Problem with Orange Two Stroke EQ pedal's buffered bypass
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Problem with Orange Two Stroke EQ pedal's buffered bypass

I just bought an Orange Two Stroke EQ pedal. It seems to work all right when you kick the pedal on. The light comes on, the sound is pretty good, etc., but when I click the pedal off and the light goes out, the pedal makes really bad, farty sounds when I stroke a loud note on the lower strings. The sound it makes reminds me of that battery-dying-in-your-overdrive-pedal or maybe the sound your amp makes when you turn it off and keep playing a few last notes. It's like my firm stroke on the low strings somehow tries to draw too much power and the pedal can't properly reproduce the note. It's super crappy, flabby, farty distorted sound like there's a short or something.

I think there's something wrong with the 'buffered bypass' circuitry.

I have tried just using a battery, I've tried a 9v external power supply and a 12 v power supply. I tried different cables and it's not the cables -- I used the same cable with a different pedal and everything sounded fine.

Does anyone have one of these pedals? Is mine a lemon or do they all have this problem? Note that my guitar pickups are black winters and quite hot -- maybe I'm overloading the circuitry with too strong a transient?

Please advise. I may need to send this pedal back if it's a lemon.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search