The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help with dibox or preamp for acoustic for stage use
Old 22nd September 2019
Gear Head
Help with dibox or preamp for acoustic for stage use

Hi all:

I want to buy a DI box or Preamp to use with my Daughter's Guild guitar that has the fishman presys plus onboard system.

I was going to just buy the Radial engineering JDI di box (has the jensen transformer in it). BUT, then I looked at the Radial PZ preamp and really like the ton of features it has. I had been looking at the LR Baggs venue and session stuff....but I think the Radial is a step above in terms of quality and durability (especially over the session).

PS: My Daughter has been just running through the PA via a pod that her band mates have....hasn't been using an onstage amp......I have a couple amps that I can use if required onstage.
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Head
Nobody plays acoustic live here?????
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

i don't play guitar but get to amplify/mix them...

a great preamp with a hi-z input (or a channel strip) beats any di - adjustable/switchable (and high) impedance offers a sonic advantage on piezo-pickups.
can recommend grace design m103 or focusrite isa430 or then pretty much any di from radial (but mostly the piezo di, jdv and firefly)
Old 23rd September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mike View Post
Nobody plays acoustic live here?????
I do. I'm currently using a '59 J-200 with an LR Baggs Anthem pickup system through a clone of a Neve 1073 preamp/EQ with a DBX 160X into the PA. Before the 1073 I was using an A-Designs Ventura.

I dislike typical undersaddle piezo pickups intensely.
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Head
Thank you. Think I might buy the Radial PZ-Pre TONEBONE.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search