The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Does The Custom Shop Make The Memphis 1961 ES-335 Historic Reissue?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Does The Custom Shop Make The Memphis 1961 ES-335 Historic Reissue?

I am looking at picking up a Memphis 1961 ES-335 Reissue Limited Run in Historic Burst 2018 (here's a page from CME for general reference https://www.chicagomusicexchange.com...80011/17329085. I am looking at a guitar in the same line, not this one in particular.) and am finding it hard to figure out if this was made by the custom shop. The COA doesn't say custom shop, but I have read that historics are custom shops. I also phoned Gibson and was told it was made in Memphis and historics tend to be custom shops, but he didn't sound 100% on it. Has anyone looked into this model and know definitively?
Old 4 weeks ago
Custom shop Gibsons come with a printed folder and a sticker on the back of the neck that says, "Gibson custom".

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search