The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Which Orange Crush amp for home use
Old 22nd August 2019
Here for the gear

Which Orange Crush amp for home use

Hi all. I'm wanting to buy a new guitar amp for home use, mainly for clean tone, and I've decided on the Orange Crush series because I was surprised how nice the cleans sound on all the Youtube clips. I have pedals but mainly want to use it with my reverb pedal for nice long clean sounds. But which amp, bearing in mind it's only for home use.

Orange Crush 20 - cheap but I'd be losing the option of reverb on the gain channel, plus no effects loop. But I like the simplicity.

Orange Crush 20rt - no effects loop, but could use pedals on clean channel and still have reverb for the gain channel.

Oange Crush 35rt -dearesrt option I'm looking at, but has everything I need, though I'm concerned it might be too loud and a bit big for home use.

Can any Orange users please help advise because I can't test the amps. I don't need advice on other amps - I've been playing for years through a Fender BJ which I'm planning to sell and I have a Yamaha THR10C. I'm using a Les Paul and have a handful of good pedals.
Old 11th September 2019
Here for the gear

At the risk of ruining my chances of breaking the world record for most views without a single reply, I'll respond to my own thread. I've found it's possible to play the Orange 35rt at quiet enough volume for home use... just. And it sounds amazing. The clean channel is absolutely incredible.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search