The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Best way to achomplish this live setup for acoustic guitar. (Fx + loops)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Best way to achomplish this live setup for acoustic guitar. (Fx + loops)

How's it going. I have some experience with live music but never with guitar or a minimalist setting. Me and my girlfriend are working out a set up for us to perform live, me playing guitar and her singing.

The two basic things I need to achieve is FX (delay 90% of the time) and loops. As far as loops, I would really like to be able to have different banks that I can actually store loops in and trigger with a foot pedal during a live performance. From what I've researched I know I am probably looking at an all in one solution floor unit. However I thought it best to ask people who have some experience with this sort of thing.

All recommendations welcome, thank you very much!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think the boss loopstations store loops.
Check out the rc303 and 505 for different banks.
I’m not sure if the Boomerang loopers store loops but they’re definitely worth checking out.

Those two are pretty much at the top of the heap as far as reliability and functionality.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Do you need to recall different loops within one song, and how many? Or just to be able to pull up your song on the device and have a saved loop per song?

If you need the former, several loops accessible...AFAIK you’re talking about a laptop, Ableton Live, and a midi floor board, or a Headrush Looper board...if you need to be able to do complicated stuff and triggering.

For simple stuff, most loopers let you save at least one loop per patch...sometimes just an SD card slot...different models may have length or time division limitations.

I’m not a big fan of the above mentioned Boss for this purpose, at least the RC300 has a glaring bug where if you plug in to your computer (you know, to load your loops), all of your patches lose their tempo data...maybe they fixed that but it was annoying to me and I got so irritated at Boss when they told me Boss Japan had no interest in fixing it that I traded the unit for a Pigtronix Infinity Looper. Way better sounding, more flexible device, in a smaller foot print. With the pigtronix you can load a full backing track in if you wanted (length only limited by size of your SD card).
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
Do you need to recall different loops within one song, and how many? Or just to be able to pull up your song on the device and have a saved loop per song?

If you need the former, several loops accessible...AFAIK you’re talking about a laptop, Ableton Live, and a midi floor board, or a Headrush Looper board...if you need to be able to do complicated stuff and triggering.

For simple stuff, most loopers let you save at least one loop per patch...sometimes just an SD card slot...different models may have length or time division limitations.

I’m not a big fan of the above mentioned Boss for this purpose, at least the RC300 has a glaring bug where if you plug in to your computer (you know, to load your loops), all of your patches lose their tempo data...maybe they fixed that but it was annoying to me and I got so irritated at Boss when they told me Boss Japan had no interest in fixing it that I traded the unit for a Pigtronix Infinity Looper. Way better sounding, more flexible device, in a smaller foot print. With the pigtronix you can load a full backing track in if you wanted (length only limited by size of your SD card).
I totally forgot about Pigtronix’s looper.
I’ve also heard it’s good!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Do you want vocal and guitar loops together? Voicelive Extreme does that
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnevz View Post
I think the boss loopstations store loops.
Check out the rc303 and 505 for different banks.
I’m not sure if the Boomerang loopers store loops but they’re definitely worth checking out.

Those two are pretty much at the top of the heap as far as reliability and functionality.
Will check them out, thanks! Do the boss loopstations allow for bank storage?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post

Yes, usually 4 loops per song. I was afraid of having to go the laptop route, simply because I have never done anything like that before and it always worries me that they would not be stable enough. Of course that concern of mine is unfounded seeing as many many acts use a laptop for live use.

The headrush looks very cool, and as I understand it has onboard effects as well. Does it allow several different banks to be stored?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannis View Post
Do you want vocal and guitar loops together? Voicelive Extreme does that
Just guitar, I will checkout the Voicelive though!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search