The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
2019 Les Paul traditional
Old 14th August 2019
Gear Head

2019 Les Paul traditional

Just ordered a 2019 LP traditional haven't got it yet it's being shipped I would love to hear some thoughts. kinda nervous about the low frets but I figured I have 45 days to return. Any body played played one or bought one?
Old 14th August 2019
Gear Head

Ok so nobody has tried or bought one :/
Old 14th August 2019
Lives for gear

Just a matter of preference. There are plenty of guitars with wide, low frets. Personally, I prefer jumbo, but that's me. Lots of people love low/wide. You might be one. If not, back she goes!
Old 14th August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
Just a matter of preference. There are plenty of guitars with wide, low frets. Personally, I prefer jumbo, but that's me. Lots of people love low/wide. You might be one. If not, back she goes!
Yeah I've always had jumbos in every guitar so you are absolutely right if I hate it back it will go lol I was hoping someone on here actually played or ordered one so I had some kinda heads up. I've played the fretless wonders before they were horrible but never "low" so I guess we'll see.
Old 15th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpcalhoon View Post
Yeah I've always had jumbos in every guitar so you are absolutely right if I hate it back it will go lol I was hoping someone on here actually played or ordered one so I had some kinda heads up. I've played the fretless wonders before they were horrible but never "low" so I guess we'll see.
Yes... hate those fretless wonders. Terrible idea. I'm assuming that "low" is nothing like fretless wonder, which felt... yeah, like a fretless guitar.
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
Yes... hate those fretless wonders. Terrible idea. I'm assuming that "low" is nothing like fretless wonder, which felt... yeah, like a fretless guitar.
It's not supposed be.. I so hope im not sending it back.
Old 17th August 2019
Gear Head

Well got it beautiful guitar the frets weren't as bad as what I was expecting.... then I noticed the cracked nut...so it goes back Gibson you suck I thought you would've gotten better under new management...but I guess not so yes it's going back :/
Old 18th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Well got it beautiful guitar the frets weren't as bad as what I was expecting.... then I noticed the cracked nut...so it goes back Gibson you suck I thought you would've gotten better under new management...but I guess not so yes it's going back :/
You aren't even having the seller replace it?

Do you feel the issue was faulty manufacturing or just rough shipping? I would probably have to concede until had at least one more example to compare.

Some of the quality issues folks had reported previously were not the types of things that could have caused by mishaps in shipping.

I know it's not an option for some, but obviously selecting a guitar off the shelf at a brick and mortar store, would guarantee no cracked nut.
Old 19th August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
You aren't even having the seller replace it?

Do you feel the issue was faulty manufacturing or just rough shipping? I would probably have to concede until had at least one more example to compare.

Some of the quality issues folks had reported previously were not the types of things that could have caused by mishaps in shipping.

I know it's not an option for some, but obviously selecting a guitar off the shelf at a brick and mortar store, would guarantee no cracked nut.
No it was from the manufacturer the way it's shipped there is nothing that can crack the nut. Someone didn't look at it in final inspection...it's already being shipped back
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I have a 2017 trad, some are great, some are dogs, ya really have to play just about any Gibson before purchasing.
That said, my trad got me the first few licks.
It had the basic tone I was after,
I love the huge neck, some may not, the weight is about 7.9 , light for a solid body..and is in fact a solid body...
The flame is tight, but bookmark is angled, this turns many people off, I happen to like
It.
Things I was not happy with..
Nashville bridge , snot green tunners,
Wrong shape on the pick guard compared to a vintage lp, the rings were the same , all this was changed to a more vintage les Paul
Correct looking part, went to a nylon 6-6 nut, that was the hardest nut to make I have ever made!
And few other small changes That went more late 50s lp, the pickups were ok, but went with rs pots, 50s wiring, bumblebee oil cap, and and after about 20 different pickups ended up with Virgil Arlos 1959 pickups, a second set that was made for me with slightly lower output than usual..
and that set will stay...just nailed what was in my head when I think les Paul! Either clean or dirty..
Changes made got me the last 10% of the look and tone I was after...the basic tone and feel, look and weight all worked for me, the changes made I believe enhanced what I started with.
Kinda done looking for a les Paul, this one checked all the boxes for
Me...
It’s a player for sure, not a guitar to collect and keep stock...
That guitar has light up a few experienced les Paul players, it’s pretty special..it’s got “it”
So ya I like the trads for being as close to a vintage lp as you can get, from Gibson USA anyway, I guess it’s now called the standard? but like I said I have played a few that outright sucked tone wise.
Play em all, pick the best you find...that you can afford, but it’s best to play Em all, even if outside your price range. Conversely you may find a cheaper model speaks to you more!!
May take a few years to find “it”
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipss36 View Post
I have a 2017 trad, some are great, some are dogs, ya really have to play just about any Gibson before purchasing.
That said, my trad got me the first few licks.
It had the basic tone I was after,
I love the huge neck, some may not, the weight is about 7.9 , light for a solid body..and is in fact a solid body...
The flame is tight, but bookmark is angled, this turns many people off, I happen to like
It.
Things I was not happy with..
Nashville bridge , snot green tunners,
Wrong shape on the pick guard compared to a vintage lp, the rings were the same , all this was changed to a more vintage les Paul
Correct looking part, went to a nylon 6-6 nut, that was the hardest nut to make I have ever made!
And few other small changes That went more late 50s lp, the pickups were ok, but went with rs pots, 50s wiring, bumblebee oil cap, and and after about 20 different pickups ended up with Virgil Arlos 1959 pickups, a second set that was made for me with slightly lower output than usual..
and that set will stay...just nailed what was in my head when I think les Paul! Either clean or dirty..
Changes made got me the last 10% of the look and tone I was after...the basic tone and feel, look and weight all worked for me, the changes made I believe enhanced what I started with.
Kinda done looking for a les Paul, this one checked all the boxes for
Me...
It’s a player for sure, not a guitar to collect and keep stock...
That guitar has light up a few experienced les Paul players, it’s pretty special..it’s got “it”
So ya I like the trads for being as close to a vintage lp as you can get, from Gibson USA anyway, I guess it’s now called the standard? but like I said I have played a few that outright sucked tone wise.
Play em all, pick the best you find...that you can afford, but it’s best to play Em all, even if outside your price range. Conversely you may find a cheaper model speaks to you more!!
May take a few years to find “it”
Funny I have a 17 also melodyne love you the neck!
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I've played the fretless wonders before they were horrible
I wasn't aware they even made Fretless Wonders before they were horrible.....?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
I wasn't aware they even made Fretless Wonders before they were horrible.....?
Yeah a buddy of mine had one in the 80s really really tiny frets they were bad. I don't have any idea what year the Paul was.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search