The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Can anyone help me identify these unlabelled pickups and components?
Old 13th August 2019
Here for the gear

Can anyone help me identify these unlabelled pickups and components?

Hey guys,
Friend of mine recently bought a house from a luthier, and found a bunch of guitar components which I've taken possession of. Most of them are pretty obvious, but there's a pair of humbuckers and some kind of active circuitry I can't identify. Here are some close-up pictures of the parts: https://imgur.com/a/OxX4Kim

The pickups are standard humbucker size; the pole spacing is 52mm at the bridge, and 50mm at the neck. I'm guessing these are standard Gibson humbuckers but I'm not sure.

The bundle of circuits is obviously some kind of active something: it has a socket for a 9v battery, three pots, a switch, an LED and a small circuitboard, but I have no idea what it actually is.

Any help would be massively appreciated!
Old 13th August 2019
Lives for gear

ummm you gonna post a pic?
Old 13th August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enorbet2 View Post
ummm you gonna post a pic?
There’s a link to all the pics in the original post!
Old 13th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmarshall View Post
There’s a link to all the pics in the original post!
Ooops. Missed that. Thx. Anyway it does not appear to be Gibson, but is a pup clone
and the circuit is a fairly simple preamp (looks like one disrete transistor or a very simple op amp) with what looks like considerable EQ options. I'm nopt fond of active guitar systems but they can be at least interesting. Have you tried it? I'm curious as to why there are no visible manufacturer labels.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search