The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Klein Pickups
Old 12th August 2019
Here for the gear
Klein Pickups

Are they still in business?
Old 13th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Google is your friend:

https://www.kleinpickups.com/
Old 13th August 2019
Here for the gear
An active website does not tell you if a business is still in operation. Most web-hosting is sold in 1 yr, 2 yr, 3 yr etc. commitments. Often times a website will be open for periods after a business has closed. The reason I had asked was because I noticed their social media posts had stopped sometime around November of 2016. That being said, I discovered that they are indeed still operating. Got my Epic ‘62 set on the way
Old 4 weeks ago
I checked out the site. I don't know about the quality of their pickups - there's no way to tell - but the site is full of utter BS. They are not having "special" magnetic formulations - no boutique builder could afford custom magnet formulations. The real formulations are well known - they're just after your money. The blather about the wire is similarly BS - they could not afford custom formulations of wire. All the historical formulations are still available to any builder who knows what to use - it's no big secret.

And they don't tell us what they're actually using. They hide the actual tech behind sales BS and weaselspeak.

Maybe the pickups are great - but they are certainly NOT worth $300 each. You can get the same absolute historical accuracy from Lindy Fralin for 1/2 to 1/3 the cost, individually hand wound to your spec, or to true vintage spec.

Don't waste your money on sales BS and obfuscation.

Don't support manufacturers that lie to their customers.

Support manufacturers who are honest and don't hide behind blather, and who post information that teaches you what is actually going on with pickups and what you're really buying.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
I checked out the site. I don't know about the quality of their pickups - there's no way to tell - but the site is full of utter BS. They are not having "special" magnetic formulations - no boutique builder could afford custom magnet formulations. The real formulations are well known - they're just after your money. The blather about the wire is similarly BS - they could not afford custom formulations of wire. All the historical formulations are still available to any builder who knows what to use - it's no big secret.

And they don't tell us what they're actually using. They hide the actual tech behind sales BS and weaselspeak.

Maybe the pickups are great - but they are certainly NOT worth $300 each. You can get the same absolute historical accuracy from Lindy Fralin for 1/2 to 1/3 the cost, individually hand wound to your spec, or to true vintage spec.

Don't waste your money on sales BS and obfuscation.

Don't support manufacturers that lie to their customers.

Support manufacturers who are honest and don't hide behind blather, and who post information that teaches you what is actually going on with pickups and what you're really buying.
Didn't read the "info" on their site (actually haven't visited the site for 10 years) but i have quite a few sets of their pickups installed and can say sound-wise their single coils are near the very top of the list. They are also very close in sound to the strat pickups in my original vintage strats (50's and 60's). They are also not x2 or x3 the price of Fralins. Actually in this country Fralin's are 50% more expensive. I don't mind Fralin's, use them in a few of my guitars, but seem to lean more towards the Kline's
I tend not to read much the advertising BS, just go on the sound.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Don’t know about all that. I know Klein pickups are highly regarded, as are Lindy’s. I put the epic 62’s in my 2010 Am Std and took the Fralin Blues Specials out. Couldn’t get rid of the G-string warble with the Fralins, no matter what string gauge I used, even with the pickup height all the way down level with the pickguard. They were mighty fine pickups and definitely better sounding than the stock ones. But I’m digging these Kleins way more. No more warble, chunky and sweet. And no RWRP middle pickup which I’m loving.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search