The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Your #1 guitar, and why?
Old 15th August 2019
My deluxe strat with the modern C, compound radius neck, and smooth non-sticky finish, is ultra comfortable and fast, and makes my Gibson-style guitars seem slow and clunky. There is no better guitar neck. Also, the strat has a more human voice, which is more emotionally resonant, than humbucker, shorter-scale guitars.
Old 15th August 2019
Lives for gear

Here's my green sparkle Washburn Eagle. One of a kind, NAMM show guitar, I think. I had a red one, too, but it got stolen. I played this as my main guitar for awhile.

Best,

audioforce
Attached Thumbnails
Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_0968-2.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_0969-2.jpg  
Old 15th August 2019
Lives for gear

And here's my Rickenbacker 360-12V. One of 12 they made custom for Norm's Rare Guitars. Right place at the right time, Ha. : )

Sounds amazing, flame maple and f-holes.

Best,

audioforce
Attached Thumbnails
Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_0637-2.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_0638-2.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_0640.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_0641-2.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_0642-3.jpg  

Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_0643-2.jpg  
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Head

(I have not yet earned the privilege of using image tags... sorry for the links)

https://i.imgur.com/aBTSd0Y.jpg
My #1 . A one of a kind Custom Shop Jackson Dinky that I had built. With a very thin and wide neck, stainless frets, a PLEK job, and super low action it is buzz free with the nicest feel of any guitar I have ever played. The highly customized Floyd Rose and Pickup combo of DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF Joe in the neck give it a great tone for 80s metal and rock.

Coming in a close second to my Jackson are these two:
https://i.imgur.com/c4PHFJ4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UGx6wTQ.jpg
An Ibanez JEM 7v WH and a Suhr Custom Modern. Both of these instruments are also PLEK’d, but the Jackson edges them out.

The JEM is PLEK’d. The feel is great and the Evolution pickups are wonderful. Like the scalloping at the end of the fretboard.

The Suhr is factory PLEK’d. It has stainless frets and a really nice feel. The Suhr pickups in it are fantastic. This guitar has a very stable vulcanized maple neck on it.
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Gibson Les Paul Classic (2008) Simply because it feels right, sounds right, plays right and is completely consistent. Plus this baby records better than any guitar I've owned. It has a nice pre-compressed sound, no hot spots, no G-String transition weirdness. I even love the much hated "hot" pickups.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Here's one of my "main" guitars. Les Paul custom / SG.

Works for everything, no kidding.
Attached Thumbnails
Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1160.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1162.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

My current main squeeze is my trusty Gretsch pro jet with Bigsby. While I love Gretsches and especially the Filtertron Sound, I hate the tone snapping control system. I have tried several variations on the wiring - initially bypassing the individual volume pots and leaving a tele style wiring. Finally I bypassed everything and the pickups go to the switch and straight to the output. Full tone and full volume.
Attached Thumbnails
Your #1 guitar, and why?-7b78a90b-c519-4dab-9f8e-8f5c68a34665.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanqa View Post
My current main squeeze is my trusty Gretsch pro jet with Bigsby. While I love Gretsches and especially the Filtertron Sound, I hate the tone snapping control system. I have tried several variations on the wiring - initially bypassing the individual volume pots and leaving a tele style wiring. Finally I bypassed everything and the pickups go to the switch and straight to the output. Full tone and full volume.
cool looking guitar. I never owned a Gretsch, but I think I would like one.

Do you just use a volume pedal, or something?

Best,

audioforce
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I love my ESP viper ecII I just find it goes from evil to clean and everything in beteeen sonically and the sustain for days can’t put it down and live the EMG 57/66 combo va the 81/85 I have a thing where Vipers over everything
Attached Thumbnails
Your #1 guitar, and why?-53b054a9-c6c7-4586-9a2b-78fe48f06f8e.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-192c5834-5214-4cf6-8fae-fb9f56d30200.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCreation View Post
I love my ESP viper ecII I just find it goes from evil to clean and everything in beteeen sonically and the sustain for days can’t put it down and live the EMG 57/66 combo va the 81/85 I have a thing where Vipers over everything
I have 2 of these, one in green camo and one in black. These are baritones, aren't they? Dont know about everything, but they do many things well
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I have a Gretsch Baritone Jet too but the silver jet is my main guitar. Though that will soon change once I get the White Falcon G6139 centre block double cut.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri Kogan View Post
I have 2 of these, one in green camo and one in black. These are baritones, aren't they? Dont know about everything, but they do many things well
I had a previous , deluxe w 81 85 emgs the black baritone isn’t this mode this is the new ECII that replaces the Japanese made standard series - it has 57 66 pickups EMG and you can split coils I find them more versatile than the 81 85 combo yiur green camo is prob a standard series love those models - yes for me everything I play on more metal side w maybe Janes addiction type cleans so still heavy ! I just love the vipers - esp the Japanese made ones never been a les Paul fan - love the look but not my sound
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I had to sell my American late model tele some time ago, and bought a rondo music furian tele from a kid for 65.00 bucks. That's my main axe by default because my mex strat doesn't do country like i would like.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
I had to sell my American late model tele some time ago, and bought a rondo music furian tele from a kid for 65.00 bucks. That's my main axe by default because my mex strat doesn't do country like i would like.
I have been heavily playing my Rondo/Agile AD-201 since I got it rewired and noiseless Mojotone P90s in there.

Some of the guitars they sell are quite good. Some need a bit of work though so it's a catch.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Here's my custom shop Tele. 35 years old or so. 1 of 12 they made for Manny's, I believe. Holding up alright. It was Mary Kay white. : )

Best,

audioforce
Attached Thumbnails
Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1181.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1182.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1178.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1176.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1172.jpg  

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I have four guitars right now, they’re all lovely and each does its thing with flair. The one I’m playing most is, unsurprisingly, the latest - a 1965 Mustang body with a CBS Mustang Warmoth neck. It has Kinman Woodstock noiseless Strat pickups and the colour is a flamboyant “Tahitian Coral” (apparently a legitimate Fender shade back then), over Shell Pink, over Olympic White . A real joy to play and a very versatile guitar.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioforce View Post
Here's my custom shop Tele. 35 years old or so. 1 of 12 they made for Manny's, I believe. Holding up alright. It was Mary Kay white. : )
That looks awesome. What's the weight like? I have a blonde mid-'80s Fender Telecaster reissue that's quite a boat anchor, unfortunately.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Driscoll View Post
That looks awesome. What's the weight like? I have a blonde mid-'80s Fender Telecaster reissue that's quite a boat anchor, unfortunately.
Its not bad, actually, about like an SG?

Where did you get yours?

Best,

audioforce
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCreation View Post
I had a previous , deluxe w 81 85 emgs the black baritone isn’t this mode this is the new ECII that replaces the Japanese made standard series - it has 57 66 pickups EMG and you can split coils I find them more versatile than the 81 85 combo yiur green camo is prob a standard series love those models - yes for me everything I play on more metal side w maybe Janes addiction type cleans so still heavy ! I just love the vipers - esp the Japanese made ones never been a les Paul fan - love the look but not my sound
Both of mine a Jap made. From memory both are from the 90's. They feel a bit different to each other - maybe the specs changed in some way. Both feel like baritones. I may measure the scale length next time i am in the studio storage
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri Kogan View Post
Both of mine a Jap made.
Always a way with words, you. : )
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Its not bad, actually, about like an SG?

Where did you get yours?
From a now long-defunct music store in Cherry Hill, NJ. I enjoyed my 1984 Fender 57RI Strat (a Clapton "Blackie" clone) immensely (and still do), and I had a go on the Tele in the store, and it seemed OK. But after living with it for a short while, I realized it weighed a ton and the neck pickup was microphonic. I swapped it out for a Seymour Duncan Broadcaster neck pickup (if I recall correctly), and relegated it to Open-G-tuned Rolling Stones cover songs in my old college-era band. One of these days though, I do want to try a few of Fender's current lot of "black guard" Tele reissues. From everything I've read, their reissues have come a long way.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Driscoll View Post
From a now long-defunct music store in Cherry Hill, NJ. I enjoyed my 1984 Fender 57RI Strat (a Clapton "Blackie" clone) immensely (and still do), and I had a go on the Tele in the store, and it seemed OK. But after living with it for a short while, I realized it weighed a ton and the neck pickup was microphonic. I swapped it out for a Seymour Duncan Broadcaster neck pickup (if I recall correctly), and relegated it to Open-G-tuned Rolling Stones cover songs in my old college-era band. One of these days though, I do want to try a few of Fender's current lot of "black guard" Tele reissues. From everything I've read, their reissues have come a long way.
Some guitars are just heavy, but they sound good, so maybe yours is one of those. What about setting it up for slide?

Best,

audioforce
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Here's my old Black Les Paul. I guess its "vintage", but it was brand new when I bought it. : )

It screams and makes beautiful sounds, too.

I may have more hours on this one than any other guitar.

Note special "tone enhancement finish customization" on back [bonus auto-relic courtesy of Crown Royal and military-style belt buckles].

Best,

audioforce
Attached Thumbnails
Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1190.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1192.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1210.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1213.jpg   Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1215.jpg  

Your #1 guitar, and why?-img_1200.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A vintage LP to a recent black 2012 LP Traditional (cosmetic mod from the original with all black parts)

A couch guitar
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Always a way with words, you. : )
Thats Yury's shorthand :-)
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I have a 74 Strat and a 88 Les Paul custom that are great at what they do but my 65 Sg is my babe. I've been playing her since 81. coil taps series parallel. neck broke, headstock broke, It rips through the tough solos when the others feel clunky. I had a lefty sg standard before I got this one that got ripped off!
Attached Thumbnails
Your #1 guitar, and why?-65-sg.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It I was playing along properly I'd say either my Parker Fly Artist (which was built by Ken Parker as a gift for Joni Mitchell, but that's another story) or my Collings Custom D2 but truth be told I almost exclusively play a $300 Little Martin. It's always beside me and I love its tone and ease of playing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deng View Post
A vintage LP to a recent black 2012 LP Traditional (cosmetic mod from the original with all black parts)

A couch guitar
It is indeed gorgeous but I suspect the value has been seriously reduced by the super glue you used to cement the guitar to that couch so it wouldn't risk falling over.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enorbet2 View Post
It is indeed gorgeous but I suspect the value has been seriously reduced by the super glue you used to cement the guitar to that couch so it wouldn't risk falling over.
Value intact, I only use industrial triple strength double sided tape..

Here is the original black LP before the facelift...
Old 4 weeks ago
Apologies for butting in.

Is there a thread like they have in the Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production section. The one that says
Show us your Guitars or August 2019 New Guitar Thread?

I've searched n searched but can't find anything other than Show us Your Amps or Show us your Pedalboard threads.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search