The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
One off Tweedle Dee
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

One off Tweedle Dee

Following on from the one off Princeton reverb. Here's my one off Tweedle Dee. Basically the Dumble version of the tweed deluxe.

I housed it in a separate head and cab and used 6L6's instead of 6V6's . Cab has a Celestion Alnico Cream.

here's what it sounds like

https://soundcloud.com/marcus-cliffe...dee-sound-clip

M
Attached Thumbnails
One off Tweedle Dee-img_20180914_113629-01.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Sounds smooth, are you building the housings yourself too? Props for the work if so, looks very sharp.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Nice. I need to get off my butt and go ahead and build one of those already. I probably have everything I need on-hand.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdme_sadie View Post
Sounds smooth, are you building the housings yourself too? Props for the work if so, looks very sharp.
yep, just made it up as I went along, i wanted a 'retro' look and didn't want Tweed so went with rough brown tolex and fine basket weave type of grill.

In hindsight I wish I'd built it into the speaker cab as a combo now , there's plenty of room :D I just can't be bothered to rebuild it all and the separate cab comes in handy as that speaker just sounds great with ANY amp :D

M
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

very nice! makes me want to fix my Twin.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search