The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
2 Acoustic Guitars live rig
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

2 Acoustic Guitars live rig

Hi Everyone - new to this so forgive me if I'm not getting the etiquette right!

Wonder if anyone's got any suggestions - I play live with two acoustic guitars which I switch a lot in between songs. ones got a passive pickup and one's got a slightly dodgy active fishman in it that comes out super hot. One's a light zingy parlour and ones a mahogony Martin. The difference in tone/volume seems to freak out a lot of sound guys and I often end up with one or both sounding not great.

I could really use some sort of multi-DI type job with two inputs, each with independent volume and tone controls, and a built in tuner. Does such a thing exist? Any Recommendations?

Not into effects and want to avoid lugging multiple pedals around!

Thanks!
Old 3 weeks ago
You need a small mixer.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Radial Engineering has a few boxes that come close but no independent EQ or tuner, although there are sends for cascading other pedals to perform those functions.
Radial PZ-Pre
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Tech rider/stage plot should specify two independant guitar inputs on the FOH console, and both should be sound-checked seperately.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

use a mic instead of two DIs.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The Grace Felix is pricey but definitely what you're looking for.
Old 3 weeks ago
Again, you need a small mixer. If money is an object one of the little Behringers would probably do fine.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee4303 View Post
Tech rider/stage plot should specify two independant guitar inputs on the FOH console, and both should be sound-checked seperately.
Tech rider? Stage plot? I don't think we're in no-brown-M&M's territory here.

But I do agree that the best approach is to ask for 2 separate DI's and to explain that the two instruments sound very different.

If you feel like you want or need to go the mixer route, the next-to-cheapest Behringer will do it for under a hundred bucks. But it's got +4 line out (not mic or instrument level) so you'd have to run it really cool so as not to blow up your FOH guy -- quite often their DI boxes don't have pads.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Tech rider? Stage plot? I don't think we're in no-brown-M&M's territory here.

But I do agree that the best approach is to ask for 2 separate DI's and to explain that the two instruments sound very different.

If you feel like you want or need to go the mixer route, the next-to-cheapest Behringer will do it for under a hundred bucks. But it's got +4 line out (not mic or instrument level) so you'd have to run it really cool so as not to blow up your FOH guy -- quite often their DI boxes don't have pads.
I don't remember, but if it has XLR outs there is no need for DI boxes unless there's a ground loop problem. Assuming the DIs have ground lifts.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
I don't remember, but if it has XLR outs there is no need for DI boxes unless there's a ground loop problem. Assuming the DIs have ground lifts.
The cheapest Behringers only have TRS out, I'm pretty sure. Or TS. Round holes, at any rate.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Well, a TRS to XLR adaptor is pretty cheap, if the mixer only has TRS outputs... But yeah, a small mixer is the way I'd go for that.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search