The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
new les paul special double cut info
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
new les paul special double cut info

man I'm about to pull the trigger on a blue 2019 les paul special dc. I loved my jr. it had a lollar. I recently sold it to get a regular special. but then saw the dc. i wanted a neck pup to jazz on. I like the dc accessibility I don't like the new pickguard. I know they will rock. but will they jazz and twang. or will a pup change be in order.

any overall experience on them. are they quality
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
well it came monday in blue stain. it's like the best of all worlds. les paul,tele strat. very compact and comfortable. perfect setup from sweetwater. although I'm gonna put 11's on it because you can bend so easy on this thing. easy acess to every fret. gonn run the stock pups for awhile. but may have to put in a bareknuck war pig or the supermassive
Old 1 week ago
I had one, it was not Gibson's best effort. It was sold. I now use a custom shop 1968 re-issue Les Paul Custom.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
I had one, it was not Gibson's best effort. It was sold. I now use a custom shop 1968 re-issue Les Paul Custom.
I totally respect your opinion jim you did a peavey tube pre for me about a decade ago. what did you not like. for $1k ive never been happier. but I bought it with intention of putting a warpig in the bridge. was yours the new 2019 or was it the one from a couple years back.
Old 1 week ago
Mine was 2000 made. It was light yet flimsy. The "flame" maple top is a venier like on a cheap Epi Les Paul. The fingerboard was a very light rosewood if you could call it that. I've played some nice LP Special double cut's in the past like Alan Wilson's TV Special used in Canned Heat, this was not like those at all.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Yeah jim im talking about the new 2019 one. This one to be exact. It’s a new ballgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Mine was 2000 made. It was light yet flimsy. The "flame" maple top is a venier like on a cheap Epi Les Paul. The fingerboard was a very light rosewood if you could call it that. I've played some nice LP Special double cut's in the past like Alan Wilson's TV Special used in Canned Heat, this was not like those at all.
Attached Thumbnails
new les paul special double cut info-334cbac1-8a37-4829-b19b-4b3233cfaa05.jpg  

Last edited by boomer81; 1 week ago at 10:35 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
She’s blue velvet so i named her Dorothy
Old 1 week ago
I'm going to have to try one of these beasties out tomorrow in a music shop, looks really good, reminds me of the ones they made in the early 2000s which sounded great imo
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer81 View Post
Yeah jim im talking about the new 2019 one. This one to be exact. It’s a new ballgame
Always liked the way those looked. Are they real heavy?

Best,

audioforce
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

What bothers me is the single piece bridge. It is anchored to the body by only 2 pins. The strings go through the bridge bar not the body.

The only guitar I purchased online was a Melody Maker. I disliked the bridge so much that I attempted to fix it with the Hipshot Baby Grand Bridge. It was mixed results. I would not buy it again.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
mine is under 7lbs. yeah never had a wrap bridge. but hey prs use em. it can get to tele territory. and does that awesome p90 neck tone I love. it's it's own thing. don't go into it thinking les paul. I think it's very versatile. it feels compact and very comfortable. sustains for days.

but I was looking for a dirty noisy guitar with character. it can do that but roll the volume and it gets pretty quiet
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search