The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
I need tips and recommendations for a special situation with guitars.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I need tips and recommendations for a special situation with guitars.

My apologies if this is not the appropriate forum ...

Hi all,

I'm a bedroom guitarist for health reasons. I have good equipment and knowledge of them, a good collection of effects pedals, several amplifiers to tubes and transistors, but as a rule I can only play sitting in my bed.

Normally I use a small Roland Cube Lite and when I can I add some effects, but it is usually complicated for me. Now with the help of some friends we are preparing something more affordable to my personal situation and as I like to play Gilmour, Clapton, Purple and other styles, we are preparing a team that can be near and easily removed from my side, in a kind of car with wheels.

But my main question is to use good quality headphones (at the moment I like the Audio Technica ATH-M50x). The idea is to use a cloned preamplifier (Alembic F-2B already in construction), with the effects that we select and better adapt to these styles. Then the effects will go, to later move to a cabinet simulator (Yerasov IRon Cab) and its output in stereo will go to a good quality headphone amplifier, which I have not chosen yet. The cabinet simulator allows me to insert and control a player with backing tracks, but I wonder if in this way you think that I can get the sound quality and comfort I'm looking for.

The idea is to have something as simple to use and easily remove from the side of my bed, but of course, handling the effects by hand ...

I have tried many types of equipment, mutiefectos pedals and so on, but it never ends to convince me of the general sound. As an original effects pedal, I think there's nothing, and I've been getting good material in this regard for years, more than 70 original pedals, Fender Deluxe amplifiers, Marshal DSL-401, Peavey, Hughes ... but I can not have this always next to my bed and it is impossible to assemble and disassemble for a while that my muscles allow me to touch ...

Anyway, thanks for reading this and thanks also for any submission.

Fernando.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’m not real clear on the question...or is it just...will it sound convincing enough? I mean I am pretty happy using cab sims, so i don’t see that as a problem.

Unsure how far you’ve taken thinking things through, but the beauty of pedals is you can arrange them anywhere you want to adapt to what you need...ie: if it’s better for your usability you can have your pedals more or less in front of you (Velcro/etc) or on a shelf or on a cart, but then put the switching part on the floor using an effects loop pedal...or even put a whole chain of pedals under one switch for quick enabling/bypassing. Just a thought.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
That’s a well written post. Guitar processing is not a subject I should comment on. I will comment that your situation is so unusual and so specific that you may not get a lot of truly helpful comment. Your experience is outside the box for almost all musicians. I wish you luck and hope the GS community exceeds my expectations.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search