The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Looper clock start
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Looper clock start

So I borrowed a friend's Pigtronix Infinity Looper over the weekend and now I need to buy a looper pedal.

Question though, what I loved most about the Pigtronix was how with MIDI sync you could hit a switch to Record, Play, Stop etc. and the action begins at the start of the next measure after the switch was pressed.

As I understand it this happens because the Infinity is reading a MIDI clock start at the beginning of each measure. I know plenty of other looper pedals do MIDI sync, but are there others that do this?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparis51 View Post
So I borrowed a friend's Pigtronix Infinity Looper over the weekend and now I need to buy a looper pedal.

Question though, what I loved most about the Pigtronix was how with MIDI sync you could hit a switch to Record, Play, Stop etc. and the action begins at the start of the next measure after the switch was pressed.

As I understand it this happens because the Infinity is reading a MIDI clock start at the beginning of each measure. I know plenty of other looper pedals do MIDI sync, but are there others that do this?
Anybody? I really liked this functionality since it would free me to switch on/off other pedals at the start of a measure. I'd like to know if I have a choice of loopers that do this or if it's only the Infinity.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The EHX 45000 can do this if you set it to "quantize". It starts at the next ONE and if you press stop it stops after FOUR.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkP View Post
The EHX 45000 can do this if you set it to "quantize". It starts at the next ONE and if you press stop it stops after FOUR.
That's it exactly, thanks! I wonder if any of the Rolands or TC Electronics do this...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparis51 View Post
That's it exactly, thanks! I wonder if any of the Rolands or TC Electronics do this...
As ironic as it sounds, Roland is poor when it comes to MIDI with their loopers. At least my experience. Stupid RC300 can only sync to another RC300. My understanding is they didn’t fix it either, on the RC300, but I since traded mine off for a Pigtronix.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
As ironic as it sounds, Roland is poor when it comes to MIDI with their loopers. At least my experience. Stupid RC300 can only sync to another RC300. My understanding is they didn’t fix it either, on the RC300, but I since traded mine off for a Pigtronix.
Looks like it's a Pigtronix for me too then, thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Not positive but I think the Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro will do this.

And I would be surprised if the Looperlative LP-1 and/or LP-2 didn't.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search