The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Princes of the universe, recorded with my homemade Les Paul replica and ADA MP1
Old 9th June 2019
Here for the gear

Princes of the universe, recorded with my homemade Les Paul replica and ADA MP1

Hope you like it, I love the ADA MP1 cheers!

Old 9th June 2019
Lives for gear

First the obligatory Gearslutz criticism: Shows you just how unique Brian May's tone is.

While you haven't nailed the Brian May tone, your arrangement and the work you put in to this is impressive! Excellent playing, editing, and overall just fantastically fun to listen to and watch. Hats off to you and well done!

Would love to know what you used for your drum sounds. That snare sounds great!

This was obviously a labor of love and I appreciate it, love it, and take my hat off to you, Sir!

Cheers,
Brock
Old 9th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstapper View Post
First the obligatory Gearslutz criticism: Shows you just how unique Brian May's tone is.

While you haven't nailed the Brian May tone, your arrangement and the work you put in to this is impressive! Hats off to you and well done!

Would love to know what you used for your drum sounds. That snare sounds great!

This was obviously a labor of love and I appreciate it, love it, and take my hat off to you, Sir!

Cheers,
Brock

Thank you Brock! I wasn't going for the Brian May tone (which I love), the drum sounds is just the basic kit from Ez Drummer (tweaked a bit)

Have a nice day
Old 9th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockappalla View Post
Thank you Brock! I wasn't going for the Brian May tone (which I love), the drum sounds is just the basic kit from Ez Drummer (tweaked a bit)

Have a nice day
Well done man. Enjoyable. A Kind of Magic was an album that came out when there was a need for such a thing. Kind of helped wash the pop off of a few of the more recent Queen albums and I remember being stoked when Highlander came out and they were rocking out again.

On the Mercury vocal lines your guitar tone you have chosen is your voice so it can stand alone without the shelving filtered out of phase May tone happenin. I would love to hear this with the May guitar parts filtered either with a Wah in a set position or with HP/LP filters to get closer to that nasal rockin' unique tone, but that's nitpicking and a personal preference from the original material being dear to me. Advice I would totally ignore if I were you. ;~)

Thanks for sharing!
Brock
Old 10th June 2019
Gear Nut

Nice!

Huge QUEEN (& Brian May) fan myself. Nice arrangement and video too.
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

How does a homemade replica get "Gibson" on the headstock? The playing and recording is sweet af.
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear

You do a great job with this.

What interface are you using to record?

Recently I was using the Sigma 3 loader and was really impressed with how it could emulate the different guitar sounds regardless of pickup or guitar used. I watched the videos. Somehow with software they were able to load the response from the CD or album directly. That is amazing to be able to get the guitar sound off the CD.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockappalla View Post
Hope you like it, I love the ADA MP1 cheers!

HA! Awesome work here!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search