The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recommend me a lush, warm, organic sounding reverb pedal
Old 18th May 2019
Gear Addict

Cool Recommend me a lush, warm, organic sounding reverb pedal

Hi all!

The title says it all

One thing: NOT spring reverb. Again: NOT SPRING REVERB

Also, not anything that compress things up, like Strymon. Or anything that change my tone to a mishmash muzak

Thank you!

Old 18th May 2019
Lives for gear

Take a look at the this one;

https://neunaber.net/products/wet-reverb-v4

I have a V3 and a Caltinbread Topanga. The Topanga is very bright sounding, the neunaber is much darker, smooth...
Old 18th May 2019
Roll your own.

Good luck.
Old 18th May 2019
The newer mxr reverb might fit the bill.

Note that the quality of the reverb tone you get is highly dependant on your amp and setup.
Old 18th May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
Roll your own.

Good luck.
Thanks for the very useful suggestion

Old 18th May 2019
Deleted 691ca21
Eventide H9
Old 18th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Here another Neunaber fan.
I have the neunaber immerse reverberator.
I choose it because I was seeking for something warm and organic sounding, there's also a shimmer in it that sounds nice with lush long tails.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXgGJN6KCtc
Old 18th May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Roll your own.

Good luck.
Impulse response reverb? Diy?
Old 18th May 2019
Gear Addict

Thanks for the suggestions so far

Keep 'em coming!

Old 19th May 2019
Most any reverb pedal is going to have a certain amount of compression and other processing, and digital reverbs in general, except for the high ticket studio verbs are all going to have some drawbacks and limitations. If you insist on getting a no holds barred, top quality verb, I'd suggest an EMT plate with a small truck to haul it around and some long cables to reach the parking lot.

Or spend $3000 on a Bricasti.

Otherwise you should probably lower your standards a bit. The Eventide H9 is probably the best you can do.

There are limitations on what can be squeezed into a pedal. and there will always be compromises.
Old 19th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Digi Design is okay

I have a Digidesign supernatural made in usa it is okay by me.
Old 19th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Most any reverb pedal is going to have a certain amount of compression and other processing, and digital reverbs in general, except for the high ticket studio verbs are all going to have some drawbacks and limitations. If you insist on getting a no holds barred, top quality verb, I'd suggest an EMT plate with a small truck to haul it around and some long cables to reach the parking lot.

Or spend $3000 on a Bricasti.

Otherwise you should probably lower your standards a bit. The Eventide H9 is probably the best you can do.

There are limitations on what can be squeezed into a pedal. and there will always be compromises.
Yeah I'll echo this sentiment. I've yet to find a reverb pedal that does exactly what I'm looking for. It's an exercise in compromises, but once you start focusing on the playing and less on the reverb as long as you're in the ballpark it usually ends up working out nicely.
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear

Nothin' like beating up a guy who walks in with high hopes.

I think that a reasonable person would recognize that he's asking within the context of a pedal. He said pedal. Right there. Go look.
Old 26th May 2019
Lives for gear

I have a pair of Eventide H9, they have some great reverb algorithms in there. These are also midi controllable.

My other favorite Eventide reverb pedal is the "Space", it has more input and output headroom than the H9 plus it has real knobs on the top, no bluetooth or iPad required with Space. Space is also midi controllable.

Space only does reverb (no echo or chorus algos) where the H9 can be repurposed by adding replacement software. The H9-Max includes all the algorithms from the H9 series in one package but you could just get an H9 core and have some great reverb.

The Keeley Caverns is an interesting reverb pedal, it's got an analog delay and a reverb in one unit. You can turn on and off either processor with the two top mounted footswitches. Keeley Caverns actually does reverb and echo simultaneously where Eventide pedals are strictly one effect a time. My only gripe with Caverns is that the delay-time maxes out at 650ms. Caverns is currently on sale for around $179.

The Earthquaker "Avalanche Run" is an amazing reverb and echo machine in one box. The reverb side is gorgeous sounding, lush and smooth, not mushy or blurry at all. The echo side is also quite good sounding. This is the only echo pedal I have that sounds as good as my Fulltone tube tape echo.

Lots of fun great sounding choices out there.

Good luck and good music to you!
Old 26th May 2019
Lives for gear

I've used an Eventide Space on synths; now I'm using it on vocals.

I'm sure there are specific reverb pedals that do specific things the Space can't quite get to, but basically it has your back.
Old 26th May 2019
Deleted 691ca21
Quote:
Originally Posted by foldback View Post
Eventide "Space" has more input and output headroom than the H9
Have you got a source for that? Be interested to know if it's really the case, and if so, why they did it.
Old 27th May 2019
Gear Head

If you want lush, can't go wrong with Meris Mercury7. I love mine, it can do subtle but excels at big reverbs.
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 691ca21 View Post
Have you got a source for that? Be interested to know if it's really the case, and if so, why they did it.
Don't listen to me, check out the Eventide specifications for the two pedals. That is where I learned of the specific level differences between these two different products. Even though they run the same software the platform(s) have some major differences.

Space and Harmonizer have switches on them that optimize for line or instrument input level. H9 does not have this option, input level is fixed on the H9 though it goes high enough to allow use with line level mixers.

Max input level on the dedicated pedals is much greater than the H9 series.

I have a Space, Harmonizer and a pair of H9 Max. I regularly use the H9 with the Aux send and returns on my Soundcraft/Neve analog console. Space and Harmonizer live on my pedal board, I love these pedals.

Good music to all!
Old 4th June 2019
Lives for gear

Red Panda Context sounds pretty sweet...

Old 24th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkine View Post
Hi all!

The title says it all

One thing: NOT spring reverb. Again: NOT SPRING REVERB

Also, not anything that compress things up, like Strymon. Or anything that change my tone to a mishmash muzak

Thank you!

This can be a hard question to answer, depending on how you hit the reverb and the sound that you like.

I had a Bricasti and was not a big fan. I like clear, crystal sounds. My favorite reverb is the Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master.
Old 24th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskervils View Post
This can be a hard question to answer, depending on how you hit the reverb and the sound that you like.

I had a Bricasti and was not a big fan. I like clear, crystal sounds. My favorite reverb is the Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master.
I see there are 1/2/3 versions. (Earthquaker Devices) Is there much difference between them?
cheers
M
Old 24th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
I see there are 1/2/3 versions. (Earthquaker Devices) Is there much difference between them?
cheers
M
Hi - There is no difference in the sound. I have a v1 and a v3. The 3rd one is a little bigger and has a soft touch switch. It also has momentary latching.

I have tried a heap of reverbs, from Strymon to Holy Grails to MicMix Spring to Bricasti, and this is the only one that I really like 100%, although I like the Death By Audio Reverberation Machine and the Solid Gold FX Counter Current for keyboards. The only criticism that I've heard is that the Dispatch Master clips if you hit it with too much signal. I have never had that issue.

"The Dispatch Master V3 boasts EQD’s Flexi-Switch, which gives you two footswitching modes: latching and momentary-style. With the former, the effect is engaged/disengaged by tapping on the footswitch – like a regular pedal. And with the latter, the effect stays engaged as long as the footswitch is held down. Otherwise, the updated pedal is identical to its predecessor. You have access to a suite of dynamic reverb tones – ranging from small room to cavernous ’verbs – and up to 1.5 seconds of delay time."
Old 24th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskervils View Post
Hi - There is no difference in the sound. I have a v1 and a v3. The 3rd one is a little bigger and has a soft touch switch. It also has momentary latching.

I have tried a heap of reverbs, from Strymon to Holy Grails to MicMix Spring to Bricasti, and this is the only one that I really like 100%, although I like the Death By Audio Reverberation Machine and the Solid Gold FX Counter Current for keyboards. The only criticism that I've heard is that the Dispatch Master clips if you hit it with too much signal. I have never had that issue.

"The Dispatch Master V3 boasts EQD’s Flexi-Switch, which gives you two footswitching modes: latching and momentary-style. With the former, the effect is engaged/disengaged by tapping on the footswitch – like a regular pedal. And with the latter, the effect stays engaged as long as the footswitch is held down. Otherwise, the updated pedal is identical to its predecessor. You have access to a suite of dynamic reverb tones – ranging from small room to cavernous ’verbs – and up to 1.5 seconds of delay time."
Thanks for detailed post. Very helpful.
I,ll check em out.
Old 24th June 2019
Gear Maniac

We've had recommendations for two EarthQuaker pedals so far, the Avalanche Run and the Dispatch Master, both of which are great. I'd like to plug their Levitation reverb pedal, as well, I use it pretty much whenever I track guitar and love how it sounds. It CAN have a spring verb vibe but it doesn't have to, it can sound very roomy or platey depending on how you tweak it.

Now, if you want insane, outrageous, completely un-subtle, synth-pad-like reverb, on the other hand... the Transmisser and Afterneath are endless fun. :-)
Old 24th June 2019
Gear Addict

I'm really surprised noone mention the Strymon blue or big sky.

Got to love the Jon Epstein response "Get a plate reverb".

There are a lot of reverb pedals out there. What style if music are you making? Will you be recording it? What guitar do you use?
Old 25th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Also, not anything that compress things up, like Strymon.
Sorry, off-topic, I've heard nothing of this before, could you elaborate? I'm honestly curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethem View Post
I'm really surprised noone mention the Strymon blue or big sky.
Trying to decide between "I'm surprised you respond to threads without reading the OP" or just simply "... I'm not."

:D
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear

Source audio ventris?
Old 25th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresiki View Post
Sorry, off-topic, I've heard nothing of this before, could you elaborate? I'm honestly curious.
Tried both Blue and Big Sky on a store. I found both pedals compressed the sound, and I didn't like that

Instead, the MXR M300 was more dynamic, and I liked it better

Also, I found that the Strymon pedals sounded rather cold. Digital. Bright.

Ended up buying the MXR M300 for less money, and better results
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldback View Post
My other favorite Eventide reverb pedal is the "Space", it has more input and output headroom than the H9 plus it has real knobs on the top, no bluetooth or iPad required with Space. Space is also midi controllable.

Space only does reverb (no echo or chorus algos) where the H9 can be repurposed by adding replacement software. The H9-Max includes all the algorithms from the H9 series in one package but you could just get an H9 core and have some great reverb.
ModEchoVerb has both delay & chorus/flanging
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Tried both Blue and Big Sky on a store. I found both pedals compressed the sound, and I didn't like that

Instead, the MXR M300 was more dynamic, and I liked it better

Also, I found that the Strymon pedals sounded rather cold. Digital. Bright.

Ended up buying the MXR M300 for less money, and better results
Damn did not know about the M300, thanks for the heads up. I'm a sucker for the sparkle paint they use.

I couldn't vibe with Strymon either.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search